Wrestling

Rich

I think Mahal has really improved as a wrestler. He's not the same guy who was part of that air band garbage crap he was in before he was released before along with Drew McIntyre. That angle got both of them their walking papers from WWE the first time. He looks legit in the ring & I hope he actually gets a push. Frigging goofball Mojo Rawley wins the battle royal & Luke Harper is eliminated. he may be the best big man wrestling in the WWE right now & he'll probably now be relegated to mid card status. The WWE had Solid Gold when Seth Rollins came back from his first knee injury & just blew it. They made him a heel when he should have been a face. No idea how Vince & Triple H could have misread that so, so badly.  It's killed Seth. Really too bad. Why is Carmela even at WM? She's brutal. Her whole Brooklyn, NY shtick is awful even though she's probably from there. She is built like a 90 lb waif. Buh bye & take that elf Elsworth with her.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

28 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I think Mahal has really improved as a wrestler. He's not the same guy who was part of that air band garbage crap he was in before he was released before along with Drew McIntyre. That angle got both of them their walking papers from WWE the first time. He looks legit in the ring & I hope he actually gets a push. Frigging goofball Mojo Rawley wins the battle royal & Luke Harper is eliminated. he may be the best big man wrestling in the WWE right now & he'll probably now be relegated to mid card status. The WWE had Solid Gold when Seth Rollins came back from his first knee injury & just blew it. They made him a heel when he should have been a face. No idea how Vince & Triple H could have misread that so, so badly.  It's killed Seth. Really too bad. Why is Carmela even at WM? She's brutal. Her whole Brooklyn, NY shtick is awful even though she's probably from there. She is built like a 90 lb waif. Buh bye & take that elf Elsworth with her.

Regarding Seth, they had their plan that was building to Hunter/Seth and weren't going to change.  Very stubborn and it cost them. Its weird because they even made that great docu-segment on Seth's recovery so of course he was going to get a face reaction.  And Hunter wasn't coming back before football season was over (due to ratings).  I didn't think any of their booking made sense for Seth/Hunter including the finish of the match, the lack of Samoa Joe...none of it

3 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Regarding Seth, they had their plan that was building to Hunter/Seth and weren't going to change.  Very stubborn and it cost them. Its weird because they even made that great docu-segment on Seth's recovery so of course he was going to get a face reaction.  And Hunter wasn't coming back before football season was over (due to ratings).  I didn't think any of their booking made sense for Seth/Hunter including the finish of the match, the lack of Samoa Joe...none of it

What's your thoughts on Jinder Mahal?

Mahal is in great shape, but he'll forever be a heel because he's of middle eastern decent, even tho he's canadian. just a sad reality. Best heat he could get is with anti-american slander, but with Islamophobia kind of gripping north america, I just don't think WWE wants to go down that road again. I actually didn't mind him teaming with Rusev before,  even tho that seems to have fizzled.  could split shemus and cesaro and have a fatal 4 way for the return of the european belt

Of course, (I assume that) he's Hindu & not Muslim but I get your point. I don't think too many wrestling fans would get the difference especially in the US. Lots of hate & mistrust today like never before. Was Davari part of the storyline of the Muslim wrestler (character) that the WWE released over a decade ago when things went badly? The guy who played the Muslim wrestler wasn't really Muslim as I remember but the reaction by fans was so negative that McMahon had to get rid of him. I think there were fears that he could be seriously injured or even killed. That was after 9/11.

6 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Of course, (I assume that) he's Hindu & not Muslim but I get your point. I don't think too many wrestling fans would get the difference especially in the US. Lots of hate & mistrust today like never before. Was Davari part of the storyline of the Muslim wrestler (character) that the WWE released over a decade ago when things went badly? The guy who played the Muslim wrestler wasn't really Muslim as I remember but the reaction by fans was so negative that McMahon had to get rid of him. I think there were fears that he could be seriously injured or even killed. That was after 9/11.

yeah it was davari as his valet/interpreter for Muhammad Hassan

Image result for muhammad hassan

I suppose it's not out of the realm of possibilities for a middle eastern to be a face, like the great Khali but he was more of a novelty figure then a wrestler. But yeah when Hassan and Davari were making their run there, the negativity was getting pretty bad.  I just looked on wiki this is why it was pulled apparently;

His career came to an abrupt end when a controversial "terrorism" storyline coincided with the 7 July 2005 London bombings, leading the television network UPN to pressure WWE to remove Copani's character from television.[1]

10 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

yeah it was davari as his valet/interpreter for Muhammad Hassan

Image result for muhammad hassan

I suppose it's not out of the realm of possibilities for a middle eastern to be a face, like the great Khali but he was more of a novelty figure then a wrestler. But yeah when Hassan and Davari were making their run there, the negativity was getting pretty bad.  I just looked on wiki this is why it was pulled apparently;

Remember that very well. The WWE always brings out storylines at times like this. In 1990, I remember the Iron Sheik carrying the Iraqi flag along with Ivan Koloff berating WWE fans when US led Allies went to war against Iraq over invading Kuwait. They can be so clueless sometimes.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

13 hours ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

I kind of hate these "night after wrestlemania" crowds. they try to steal the show 

edit: i did get a chuckle out of the u suck chants still going strong for angle tho.

can someone explain to me the delete delete delete thing?

Have to agree, that crowd was pretty atrocious at times.  Very annoying... I could do without the singing.

The Delete thing comes from Matt Hardy's awful Broken gimmick from TNA.

Pretty good RAW.  I always like this crowd and especially the fact WWE has embraced it and try to book some surprises.

Kurt Angle is a masterful performer who makes RAW 100X better.

Roman would be such a great heel.

I like the Revival...but imagine if they had been led to the ring by Jim Cornette!  Now that would have been cool.

I agree about Braun.  They did a great job of building him up and then he lost to Show and lost to Roman.  The loss to Roman was particularly damaging.  It makes sense in that the monster's job is to be built up for the top guy but Braun had more mileage.  Im sure WWE was surprised by the lack of crowd support for the Braun/Brock confrontation.

Its really amazing how Matt Hardy reinvented himself.  Doing a gimmick in TNA and the indies and before they were signed back, WWE fans were still doing the 'delete delete delete'.  Shows you the power of the internet and that wrestling fans are not just WWE bubble fans.

I like Joe and Owens together.  Joe just screams badass.  I'd heat him up for Brock if it was me.  I wonder if Seth moves to SD...he needs something. 

11 minutes ago, Atomic said:

Revivial is overrated just because they are NXT guys.  They'll be getting booed in a year just like Enzo and Cass were last night.  Remember the reception for Enzo and Cass last year?  How quickly the fans can turn...

Enzo & Cass are great but one issue WWE has is working something into the ground.  The schtick can get old after awhile.  I would think they might move to SD.  Cass & Carmela are a couple which sucks that WWE split them up (but WWE likes to screw with couples). 

I like Revival.  Sort of Arn Anderson types.  Good workers.  Could use a mouthpiece I think though.  Heyman managing them wouldnt be bad at all.

1 minute ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Enzo & Cass are great but one issue WWE has is working something into the ground.  The schtick can get old after awhile.  I would think they might move to SD.  Cass & Carmela are a couple which sucks that WWE split them up (but WWE likes to screw with couples). 

I like Revival.  Sort of Arn Anderson types.  Good workers.  Could use a mouthpiece I think though.  Heyman managing them wouldnt be bad at all.

To me they are just Diet Karl Anderson and Luke Gallows... generic, dependable.  I believe the non-bald member of Revival may have a mid-card singles career in him though.

Revival is what tag wrestling is all about. Great team. 

Enzo Cass have to be SD bound. 

Rollins to SD for Styles makes some sense also. 

Somebody asked about Jinder. All I'll say is I'm not sure how he passes the wellness test cuz quite obviously on the juice 

Apparently the shakeup involves trades so maybe Rollins Zayn Enzo Cass plus CW's  (205 live is taped after SD ) for Styles American Alpha and maybe Alexa and Becky. Could also see Charlotte or Sasha or Nia to SD also 

Edited by Goalie

Just now, Goalie said:

Revival is what tag wrestling is all about. Great team. 

Enzo Cass have to be SD bound. 

Rollins to SD for Styles makes some sense also. 

Somebody asked about Jinder. All I'll say is I'm not sure how he passes the wellness test cuz quite obviously on the juice 

I was thinking Styles too.  But Im not sure.  He's their main house show draw.  Especially with Cena gone.  They'd have to send someone pretty significant back to SD and Im not sure Seth fits the bill.  But it would freshen him up.  Styles vs Brock would be a great program too.  But SD's world title picture is weak.  I think AJ stays and gets the belt back.

I agree about Jinder.  I like him.  Its hard to shake off the stink of being a jobber.  But he's big, he's a decent worker and talker.  Great look.  Never hurts to be ethnic in wrestling.  Might be in line for a push.

Shelton should be back shortly too.

1 minute ago, sweep the leg said:

Enzo is change the channel bad imo.

That's interesting because I know a few people who feel the same way but really like Cass.  I dont dislike Cass.  But I think Enzo is gold.  Keep in mind, his schtick is something that would be big among kids on the house shows.  So sometimes WWE has things that dont necessarily play great on TV but are over at the house shows.  But they have to give it TV time to support it.

Im thinking they move to SD and split up sometime this year.  I'd put Carmela back with Cass (and I wouldnt split them either, let Enzo talk for Cass).

4 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

Wonder how long till they get the club together.

Interesting that they still use "Balor Club" and some Bullet Club imagry for Finn.  If they bring Styles over, a Finn/Styles program would make sense.  Although Finn traded for AJ might make sense too.  I cant see them doing Brock vs Finn but Finn would be a top guy in the World title mix on SD.