Wrestling

Rich

People were getting tired of Enzo and Cass.  I don't mind the split.... but honestly still don't think either one of them are that great in the ring.  I like the idea of Enzo as a cruiserweight but can he wrestle that style?  Not so sure.

I understand people's frustration with the women's MitB match finish... first-ever women's MitB match and it is "won" by a "man".  But would there have been any better way to put so much heat on Carmella?  Up to now, the reaction to her has been "meh" pretty consistently.  I think this solidifies her as the top heel on Smackdown, which is a good move... that division needs a spark.

1 hour ago, Atomic said:

People were getting tired of Enzo and Cass.  I don't mind the split.... but honestly still don't think either one of them are that great in the ring.  I like the idea of Enzo as a cruiserweight but can he wrestle that style?  Not so sure.

I understand people's frustration with the women's MitB match finish... first-ever women's MitB match and it is "won" by a "man".  But would there have been any better way to put so much heat on Carmella?  Up to now, the reaction to her has been "meh" pretty consistently.  I think this solidifies her as the top heel on Smackdown, which is a good move... that division needs a spark.

Perhaps the plan is to eventually move Cass to SD and reunite him with Carmella since they are a couple in real life (which must really suck when you're on different brands with different touring schedules).

Although they already have Miz & Maryse and now Maria and Mike (hilarious gimmick that he took her name).

Enzo will likely have a long career.  He's so good on the mic and with all that charisma.  he's a better version of Santino.  Enzo is very likely a huge hit on house shows with kids.  Probably often works the opener. 

that whole "Angle cracks the case" build up to Cass turning on Enzo was pretty meh for me. Maybe it's because they are tag team jobbers at this point, but it was about as interesting to me as Golddust turning on R-Truth *fart noise*

Way I would have scripted it was both get fed up with constantly losing so they blame each other as being the fault. They put some kind of wager to see who does better in singles matches to prove they are the better wrestler with Cass then interfering and costing Enzo matches to make sure he doesn't win.

The whole fake assault thing was pretty dumb to me, and wtf is up with that Corey Graves butting into storylines lately. When he interrupted this segment I thought he was going to pull an Austin Aries and throw himself back into the ring and claim he attacked Cass, maybe stating that with all their losses they don't deserve to be on Raw..etc  would have worked better imo

Also Booker T sucks as a commentator.  that is all.

Edited by Taynted_Fayth

11 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I thought it was too soon to turn Cass and break them up. 

They respect the women...until they dont.  It generates heat but at the expense of respectability.  Although I like Carmella...

Do you? On a scale of 1-10 Carmela rates a 3 with me. She's being pushed for reasons I don't know why. I think she still is an NXT level female wrestler, myself. Naomi has surprised me. She looks confident in her interviews & actually acts like a legit champion, especially when compared with Lana who really needs to stick with Rusev & stay a Diva. What the WWE is doing with Bailey makes little sense. Drop the hugs crap & turn her heel.

7 hours ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

that whole "Angle cracks the case" build up to Cass turning on Enzo was pretty meh for me. Maybe it's because they are tag team jobbers at this point, but it was about as interesting to me as Golddust turning on R-Truth *fart noise*

Way I would have scripted it was both get fed up with constantly losing so they blame each other as being the fault. They put some kind of wager to see who does better in singles matches to prove they are the better wrestler with Cass then interfering and costing Enzo matches to make sure he doesn't win.

The whole fake assault thing was pretty dumb to me, and wtf is up with that Corey Graves butting into storylines lately. When he interrupted this segment I thought he was going to pull an Austin Aries and throw himself back into the ring and claim he attacked Cass, maybe stating that with all their losses they don't deserve to be on Raw..etc  would have worked better imo

Also Booker T sucks as a commentator.  that is all.

Yeah, Graves interfering makes no sense considering the fact he isn't able to wrestle anymore. So then why is he involved in the storyline? Booker's voice is so raspy & ultra low that he just mumbles. Half of what he says is undiscernible. I miss Lawler.

12 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Do you? On a scale of 1-10 Carmela rates a 3 with me. She's being pushed for reasons I don't know why. I think she still is an NXT level female wrestler, myself. Naomi has surprised me. She looks confident in her interviews & actually acts like a legit champion, especially when compared with Lana who really needs to stick with Rusev & stay a Diva. What the WWE is doing with Bailey makes little sense. Drop the hugs crap & turn her heel.

Yeah Carmela is pretty brutal.  Promos sound fake and forced and she's nothing special in the ring.

Not sure we ever see a Bayley heel turn lol

It's not just for you, you know. Bayley isn't my cup of tea, but she's the favorite wrestler of probably every little girl out there. She's insanely popular with the market she's meant for.

Yes, she isnt a good worker.  And my beef with WWE is they still want to push women based on looks.  Carmella should have been kept with Cass & Enzo.  She could have done Six Person tags etc.  But what I like about her is that she has charisma and a good look.  Needs to work on her work for sure, and promos a bit too.  But as a personality and character I like her.  And the other reason is purely sexual...lol  She's gorgeous.

Regarding Bayley, its hard to believe NXT and RAW are the same company with the way they book.  Just do the same thing you did in NXT.  She would have benefited from being on Smackdown where the NXT booker is.

I will say this, they have done a GREAT job with Samoa Joe.  From the second they decided to heat him up for Brock (once it became clear Stroman was out), they've really done a greta job and its not even complicated.  Its simple.  There has been a bit of an uptick in ratings and the hope is its due to Joe/Brock.

Which means, I hope they dont just squash Joe.  Im quite certain they would never entertain the idea of Joe winning the title, but I honestly think I would.  I'd have Roman & Stroman get involved where one of them "accidentally" takes out Brock (probably Stroman).  Joe wins.  That ways you can do Joe/Roman at Summerslam, Brock/Stroman at SummerSlam.  And you have a "killer" champion who's there every week and on house shows.

Circle back around to Brock regaining from Joe or in a three way with Roman (or 4 way with Stroman) if you're determined to have Roman beat Brock at Wm for the title.  Voila.

9 minutes ago, Mike said:

It's not just for you, you know. Bayley isn't my cup of tea, but she's the favorite wrestler of probably every little girl out there. She's insanely popular with the market she's meant for.

Yes true.  But they are still booking her poorly within that idea.  I think you've hit on the problem.  Vince and Dunn dont want to sleep with her so she's immediately put in the category of "weird" or "nerd" or "unattractive".  And to them that means she isnt appealing to the general audience.  So they try to book her only for that little girl market.  Whereas, in NXT while she was insanely over with kids, she was still very over with adults because of the story.  And she could be on RAW.  She's over.  they just arent getting all they can from her.

5 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I havent seen it yet.  But WWE were very unhappy about it.  What did they expect?

They were mostly unhappy about it because Lavar's 15 year old son dropped the N word on live TV twice.

Just now, Mike said:

They were mostly unhappy about it because Lavar's 15 year old son dropped the N word on live TV twice.

Yup.  Plus it looked like a trainwreck and the Ball's didnt follow the script (Though I havent seen it yet).

But Vince and Dunn will think it was cool and generated buzz and no one will care by Wednesday.

What should be the big news is the continued masterful booking of Brock & Joe (from I have read, I havent seen last night yet).

2 hours ago, Mike said:

Did they cut it right out of the show? I see youtube clips of a back stage interview but I watched the show twice last night and don't recall this

Lavar stepping to the miz was the most awkward dumbest segment I've seen in a long time in anycase

Edited by Taynted_Fayth

5 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

I always think its best for a heel to have the MITB

Face chasing the heel is the traditional booking.  For MITB, a heel winning works because it's essentially a dirty trick to cash in on someone when they least expect it and are already beaten down.

I cant remember every MITB cash in but, RVD for example, they twisted this by having him cash in in advance, to set up the PPV match.  So he looked like the ultimate babyface.

Even when it's a heel, the fans always buzz and pop for the cash in.  So when its a face, it works to the advantage of making that person seem special, especially when cashing in on someone the fans want to see lose.

In my promotion, we do a similar thing (called the Golden Ticket) and if I recall, the first few were all heels and the last few have all been faces.  The end result is different.  Solidifying the dirty heel or giving a special moment to a popular babyface who finally beats the vile heel at his own game.

I find the MITB could be a good way to turn a face to heel. Have them go on and on about what an honour it is to have the MITB briefcase make the people proud...etc then once the strap is on a face, have mr (or miss) MITB turn on them. I think something like that happened between Orton and Bryan.

A heel with MITB just seems like a waste IMO you know they will cash it in under-handedly so it's not really adding much to the character. IMO Carmella will be the next Damien Sandow and cash it in unsuccessfully. I would have given the case to Becky Lynch and turned her, her as a face does nothing for me. Like a loveable loser

Edited by Taynted_Fayth

WWE has changed their WrestleMania plans.  The plan has always been Roman beating Brock for the Universal Championship.  But they recently decided to go in a different direction.  No word yet on the new plan but speculation is Roman beating Brock at SummerSlam and then doing Roman/Cena at WM.

Brock is scheduled for some SD house shows so its possible he's being moved.  I'd have Joe beat him if its me.

2 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

WWE has changed their WrestleMania plans.  The plan has always been Roman beating Brock for the Universal Championship.  But they recently decided to go in a different direction.  No word yet on the new plan but speculation is Roman beating Brock at SummerSlam and then doing Roman/Cena at WM.

Brock is scheduled for some SD house shows so its possible he's being moved.  I'd have Joe beat him if its me.

that's some weird thinking.  Roman vs Cena may generate the most boo's between 2 wrestlers in the history of WWE lol.

I thought Strowman put Lesnar on notice prior to getting hurt.  Did they just sweep that under the rug and go back to the Strowman/Reigns feud which should have died about 3 PPVs ago?