Wrestling

Rich

2 hours ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

Does it actually count as happened? (AJ winning the title) or is it the usual , if it didn't happen on TV it never really happened, mentality

They promoted it. It happened. Its happened before also just not very revently. 

3 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

from what I've read Aries is a clubhouse lawyer not well liked  by his peers. More about himself than the locker room or the product. Little or no friends. He was the same in TNA. Doesn't seem a lot of sadness that he's gone.

Yup. I know guys who have refused to work with him because he's an *******. 

Great PPV!  Three excellent matches - Ironman tag match, Strowman vs Roman including Roman's freakout afterwards, and then Joe vs Lesnar.  It's a little odd to see a guy lose to a single finisher these days (Joe lost after one F5 if I recall correctly), but I don't mind it.  Have a feeling Joe vs Lesnar isn't over but we'll see.

I feel like we're going to see all three of those matchups again at Summerslam.

35 minutes ago, Atomic said:

Great PPV!  Three excellent matches - Ironman tag match, Strowman vs Roman including Roman's freakout afterwards, and then Joe vs Lesnar.  It's a little odd to see a guy lose to a single finisher these days (Joe lost after one F5 if I recall correctly), but I don't mind it.  Have a feeling Joe vs Lesnar isn't over but we'll see.

I feel like we're going to see all three of those matchups again at Summerslam.

I really wanted them to put Joe over, but knowing they wouldnt and assuming they still intent Roman to de-throne Brock, that was about as good a big hoss main event as you can get.  Just beat the piss out of each other, Brock fighting for his life and wins it clean with his finisher rather then each guy kicking out of a million finishers.  Joe doesnt sell long and looks pissed, Heyman is clutching his chest like he nearly had a heart attack and Brock is alternating smiles and "I cant believe I nearly lost" expressions.  Everyone involved was great.

But they have something in Joe.  Imagine if he had won, his intro on RAW tonight as new champion would be unbelievable.  Hopefully they keep him hot.  I find him infinitely more interesting than Stroman or Roman.

And three matches with colour!

7 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I really wanted them to put Joe over, but knowing they wouldnt and assuming they still intent Roman to de-throne Brock, that was about as good a big hoss main event as you can get.  Just beat the piss out of each other, Brock fighting for his life and wins it clean with his finisher rather then each guy kicking out of a million finishers.  Joe doesnt sell long and looks pissed, Heyman is clutching his chest like he nearly had a heart attack and Brock is alternating smiles and "I cant believe I nearly lost" expressions.  Everyone involved was great.

But they have something in Joe.  Imagine if he had won, his intro on RAW tonight as new champion would be unbelievable.  Hopefully they keep him hot.  I find him infinitely more interesting than Stroman or Roman.

And three matches with colour!

I'll admit Samoa Joe has grown on me.  I wasn't a fan initially but he plays his character so well.  LOVED the attack from behind to start the match and putting Brock through the table.  It was all so perfect.  As you mentioned, the reaction from both of them after the match was great and that makes me think this feud isn't over.

What happened to Matt Hardy?  I looked away for a moment and when I looked back he was just covered in blood, looked pretty bad.

There was also a little colour in the Dean/Miz match with Deaner bleeding from the mouth.  That seemed unintentional.

Just now, Atomic said:

I'll admit Samoa Joe has grown on me.  I wasn't a fan initially but he plays his character so well.  LOVED the attack from behind to start the match and putting Brock through the table.  It was all so perfect.  As you mentioned, the reaction from both of them after the match was great and that makes me think this feud isn't over.

What happened to Matt Hardy?  I looked away for a moment and when I looked back he was just covered in blood, looked pretty bad.

There was also a little colour in the Dean/Miz match with Deaner bleeding from the mouth.  That seemed unintentional.

Yeah all hardway.  I didnt notice the Ambrose blood (I was tired and was FF'ing through a lot of the show).

Matt got busted hardway on the double Hardy splash near the end.  When he landed on Sheamus, his face bounced off Sheamus' hard head.  Good on him continuing to the finish though.  Usually blood that bad will get a "stoppage" (ref/doctor will pause to check it out and wipe it away) but as it was a timed match with the end in sight, they let them go.

Blood always adds to it.

Bliss also came up bleeding after Sasha did the press off the announce table.  Looks like Sasha landed on her face and Bliss got her nose busted open.

And then ofcourse Strowman but that was surely make up effects.

2 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Yeah all hardway.  I didnt notice the Ambrose blood (I was tired and was FF'ing through a lot of the show).

Matt got busted hardway on the double Hardy splash near the end.  When he landed on Sheamus, his face bounced off Sheamus' hard head.  Good on him continuing to the finish though.  Usually blood that bad will get a "stoppage" (ref/doctor will pause to check it out and wipe it away) but as it was a timed match with the end in sight, they let them go.

Blood always adds to it.

Bliss also came up bleeding after Sasha did the press off the announce table.  Looks like Sasha landed on her face and Bliss got her nose busted open.

And then ofcourse Strowman but that was surely make up effects.

Cesaro and Sheamus have actually turned into a pretty good tag team!  Lots of good matches and this is a great feud.  I would have thought it would be over after last night but the finish being so close.... no way they end it now.  I feel like the Hardys have had years taken off their lives with all the hard bumps they are taking, especially from Sheamus.

1 minute ago, Atomic said:

Cesaro and Sheamus have actually turned into a pretty good tag team!  Lots of good matches and this is a great feud.  I would have thought it would be over after last night but the finish being so close.... no way they end it now.  I feel like the Hardys have had years taken off their lives with all the hard bumps they are taking, especially from Sheamus.

I think they are trying to hold out the Hardy's until they get the Broken gimmick from Anthem (Global Force).  The Hardy's indicated they were close to a deal but Anthem said they were not.  So who knows.  They have to be careful not to let the Hardy's lose too much steam though (like the Dudley's did after their comeback).

Jeff could still be a top singles guy and Matt is doing his best character work.  Hopefully they get the Broken gimmick as I'd like to see WWE's take on it.  Matt's creativity with WWE's budget could be great.

A lot of chatter from people online about Del Rio being an abuser.  In this particular case it sounds like Paige threw a drink at Alberto, although there are no details as to what precipitated it.  But she repeatedly says she's been trying to get away from him.  She tweeted out an immediate cover story.

A couple of years ago there was a very odd incident in Las Vegas with photos of Paige being detained by police.  All police would say was that she was detained for medical reasons after running out into traffic but the story was she was running from him.

Then Del Rio was stabbed mysteriously and gave several different cover stories.  A gossip site stated that he was stabbed by Paige's drug dealer because she was behind on payments (and implied she was a courier too).  The long standing rumour was Paige stabbed him.  Its referred to by many as an "open secret".

WWE actively tried to break the two of them up, which is obviously a weird thing for a company to do.

And internet detectives have noticed a correlation between reported incidents  between the two and the appearance of bruises on Paige's arms in photos.

Who knows.  But I strongly suspect this isn't the end of the story.

So what is Kurt Angle's secret?

gay?  Love child?  Continuation of his angle with steph?  Sleeping with Dixie carter?  

Corey Graves got another mysterious text message and went backstage. Angle asked if Graves got the same text message that he did. Angle said he can't let this get out because it could destroy him. Then again, he said he may have to go public over this even if it means losing his family and his career. Angle said he's going to go public next week, even if it could destroy him. Graes said so many people love Angle, he has all the confidence in the world that Angle will be OK. Graves didn't have very much faith in his voice when he said that. 

Backstage, Angle was on the phone with someone. Angle told the person "I totally understand. Stop thinkig that way. Why don't you come here next week and we'll both do it together? Neither one of us have anything to be ashamed of. I'm proud of you and I hope you feel the same way about me. So why don't you come here next week and we'll tell the whole world together. And whatever happens, happens. I love you." Angle had a grim look on his face as he hung up.

After the phone call I said to my friend "Angle slept with Steph McMahon!" and he said "Angle just said 'I love you' to Triple H!" so it's one of those two options.

If it was ten years ago, Hornswoggle would be involved somehow.  So that's another option.

Edited by Atomic

Im quite certain we will be disappointed.  The Steph thing is the best idea but the reason that angle was dropped so long ago is because Hunter insisted that his "character" was not one that would ever be cheated on.  And they are far more concerned about how they are portrayed now so I really cannot see Steph & Hunter going for it.

There was an angle where Steph was arrested (I think it was her feud with Brie Bella) and the next week on RAW, they were going to post a made up mugshot and someone nixed it saying that the mugshot would be on the internet forever and Steph's kids could google it.  Mind boggling.

18 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Raw is in Nashville monday. The home of Dixie Carter. Its probably her that Kurt was talking 2.. 

The timing lines up with Dixie being involved with WWE recently.  But will enough people care?  I only know who Dixie Carter is from this thread lol.