Wrestling

Rich

Before Carmella can be taken seriously she has to dump Elsworth. Matter of fact there should be a feud, Elsworth vs Corbin. The loser has to leave WWE permanently. So does the loser. Just like Jindar Mahal needs to lose the Bollywood Boyz. I know, I know... Jinder is a heel & they help him win but why make your champion look weak? Heels that are champions should look strong not weak. They did the same thing with Seth Rollins with J & J Security. It nearly sank his career with the fans before his first knee injury. Not a great angle. 

Can they get McIntyre to relinquish & move him up?  From stories I've read, it was Cena who killed Corbin's push saying to Vince he wasn't ready. That & like Enzo Amore, he doesn't get along with others in the locker room. He's not annoying like Amore but just keeps to himself, has no interest in having friends & is a lone wolf in real life which doesn't help his career as a pro. That & the twitter war he had with Dave Meltzer made Vince & Triple H decide he had to give up his MITB briefcase. Talk that by this time next year he won't even be in the WWE anymore. 

Had a great time at the Jericho show last night. Note: row 3 is the front row. So we had great seats. 

Joe Aiello hosted. Lance Storm and Don callis were out first. Then Jericho 

kenny omega was there before the show as well. 

Jericho's parents were also there. 

Fun eveing. And though I've never won even a single cent on a vlt in my life I threw $20 into a Betty White game and hit an immediate bonus and cashed out $167. So good night all around. 

50 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Had a great time at the Jericho show last night. Note: row 3 is the front row. So we had great seats. 

Joe Aiello hosted. Lance Storm and Don callis were out first. Then Jericho 

kenny omega was there before the show as well. 

Jericho's parents were also there. 

Fun eveing. And though I've never won even a single cent on a vlt in my life I threw $20 into a Betty White game and hit an immediate bonus and cashed out $167. So good night all around. 

Dammit! I was looking at that Betty White game...

So interesting story took place in Mexico over the weekend for the AAA event.  GFW was involved.

Its interesting for a few reasons.  It appears Sexy Star purposely locked in an arm bar with the intent of injuring Rosemary.  Rosemary is a Winnipegger.  Workers will be stiff on occasion, even maliciously so.  But this level of trying to hurt someone is actually pretty rare.

There has been a lot of support for Rosemary from a variety of people including Cody and Dustin Rhodes, X-Pac etc.  Everyone feels bad for her.  Sexy Star has lost at least one booking and Cody has said he wont work any show that she is on.

25 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Rosemary never missed any shows... There is a small possibility its an elaborate work.. When GFW announces Sexy Stars signing... Confirmation of work. 

I dont believe she has worked since. 

Those that know say it was a shoot.  We can always say in wrestling there is a chance its a work because we want to sound smart for that 1 in a million angle that is a work.  In cases like this, the stupid worked shoot, even if its a work, its only a very very few people in on it so it ends up a shoot anyway.

40 minutes ago, Atomic said:

That's ****** up!  Why would she do that???

Sexy Star has heat with people from the past.  Supposedly lady Shani started stiffing her because she was hot over Star walking back into AAA and being given the women's championship.  The previous champion Taya was a good friend of Shani and was more or less removed as champion so AAA could give it to Star and make a big deal out of her return.  This aggravated people because Star had heat and had walked out on AAA before so it was silly to let her walk back in with a push like that.

Anyway, the story goes that Shani was stiffing Star in this match this weekend and Star felt all the girls were working stiff so she began stiffing back, particularly to Shani.  Reportedly, Rosemary was not working stiff.  But Star decided to do the arm bar at the end when there would be no repercussions.

If its a work, its a really, really stupid one.  And everyone involved is playing it up.  But everyone is saying it was not a work and Rosemary might have serious injuries.  They fear a muscle tear but have to wait for swelling to go down.  I hope she still has her Manitoba Health Card!

Road Dogg has called for her to be blacklisted as well so you're really really dumb if you're a wrestler and you do that.  When a WWE agent wants you blacklisted and one of the biggest current indy guys (Cody) is saying you are effectively blacklisted cause he wont work for anyone that employs you, you're a really dumb person.  She'll probably just retire (she's done that before).

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Sexy Star needs to get the **** kicked out of her to teach her a lesson. Failing that, be banned from all promotions.

Yeah.  People that work too stiff or are dicks get taught pretty quick.  And Rosemary made a statement where she said the only reason she didnt shoot on Star was because she didnt want to end up in a Mexican prison.  She was probably half joking.  Rosemary is a pro and could have popped up and kicked Star in the face, but didnt.  Also I think Star has some training so Rosemary probably wouldnt want to...lol

AAA is dumb though so they probably choose Star's side.  But Jeff Jarrett is irate.  So who knows.

I've seen many stiff matches locally but legit unprofessional shooting?  Incredibly rare.  Its just the worst thing to do because it violates the most basic premise of wrestling which is that you give your health to your opponent and are in their hands.

Off the top of my head I recall two such incidents and neither were nearly this bad.  More, malicious stiffing then out and out intent to injure.  It just doesnt happen.

It brings up an old story.  Iron Sheik was WWE World Champion and scheduled to drop to Hogan.  Verne Gagne was angry at the McMahon's for signing Hogan and supposedly offered Sheik $100,000 to break Hogan's leg and show up in the AWA as champion.  Sheik refused.  I cannot recall the veracity of the story but Sheik claims its true.

There was a rumor Piper and Orndorff were going to beat up Mr T as well, prompting T to basically disappear before WrestleMania and there was a real fear he'd no show.

56 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Joe blows out his knee on Saturday.  Could be gone for six weeks.

Havent seen RAW yet but reading the results and feedback, sounds like a killer Roman/Cena segment with Cena garnering a lot of cheers for verbally roasting Roman.

I was watching.  It was weird but entertaining.  The death of kayfabe.  Cena roasting Reigns for having shitty promos, Cena saying Roman Reigns has been protected from day one and that he is a corporate-created Cena-wannabe.  Cena even made reference to the crowd wanting him to do a heel turn.  First time I've heard words like promo and heel-turn used on WWE TV.  The announcers even seemed stunned.  Jerry Lawler was like "I've never heard that... Cena call it a promo... I mean that's what it is, but wow."  Was Vince McMahon on holidays?  I don't see how he approved this.  

Roman said Cena buries all young talent, Cena came back saying that he doesn't decide who is a star, the crowd does.  At one point Reigns seemed to forget his lines and Cena cut him down... "Come on Roman, it's called a promo, if you wanna be the big dog, you better learn how to do one."  Another great line - "Yeah maybe I am a part-timer.  But you should be ashamed that I can be a part-timer and still come out here and do it better than a full-timer like you!"

6 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Reportedly it was 99% pre-scripted by the writing staff.  Just a good "worked shoot".  Because WWE is so stagnant and sterile, when they do stuff like this, it comes across new and interesting.  Good for them.

It's interesting that they're going this direction.  Honestly I think it will be good for Roman.  It shows that WWE knows how the fans feel about him.  It might be cathartic to have Roman up against Cena, who many of the fans have had similar complaints about.  But the issue is that Cena is still so much better than Roman both in the ring and on the mic, and it's obvious.

4 minutes ago, Atomic said:

It's interesting that they're going this direction.  Honestly I think it will be good for Roman.  It shows that WWE knows how the fans feel about him.  It might be cathartic to have Roman up against Cena, who many of the fans have had similar complaints about.  But the issue is that Cena is still so much better than Roman both in the ring and on the mic, and it's obvious.

They've been using Cena as the barometer for some guys.   For example, Ziggler got a thumbs down from Cena and has never recovered.  Looked similar with Corbin.  If Cena gives a thumbs down on Roman, he's toast.  I suspect Cena views this more as trying to raise Roman up though.  But Cena isnt immune to being an ego that cuts balls off too, so it should be fun.  His line ridiculing Roman when Roman got lost is not what you do when trying to help a guy lol

WWE's perspective is probably that if they are going to finally go all the way with Roman, he needs to prove he can hang with Cena.  So it will be interesting to see how Roman responds, if he's better next week.  If WWE will let him be himself etc.

18 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

At some point if it's just not working with roman,  I would seriously have him disappear from TV for a few months then repackage him. Most times that return gets you the pop you need to start rolling better. If i'm not mistaken they are doing that with Ziggler atm

Ziggler showed up on Smackdown last week but didn't wrestle.  Apparently tonight he will actually wrestle.  But during his backstage promo he pretty much seemed like the same guy he's always been.

I don't think there is any real formula for getting the fans on your side, aside from actually improving at your craft.  In some cases the absence can help.  Seth Rollins was really hot when he came back from his knee injury.  On the other hand you have guys like Y2J and The Miz who had grown stale but were able to gain fans by doing a great job on the mic.  The New Day, if you'll recall, went from hated faces, to hated heels, to loved heels, to loved faces.

I don't think the fans will ever buy into Roman's "cool guy" act.  Something has to drastically change there or it will never work.

I missed the majority of raw last night but just watched that segment with Cena/Reigns. Even if that was scripted it was well done IMO.  Definitely felt some legit distaste for one another in it so they really sold it if it was a work. I doubt hat will happen again or at least often, but sometimes it works to bring some realism to a feud to give it some traction. Last week it seemed kinda meh,  especially with the Miz interrupting but at least now there's some heat between the 2 and a sort of angle of FT'er vs PT'er lol

2 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

I missed the majority of raw last night but just watched that segment with Cena/Reigns. Even if that was scripted it was well done IMO.  Definitely felt some legit distaste for one another in it so they really sold it if it was a work. I doubt hat will happen again or at least often, but sometimes it works to bring some realism to a feud to give it some traction. Last week it seemed kinda meh,  especially with the Miz interrupting but at least now there's some heat between the 2 and a sort of angle of FT'er vs PT'er lol

It is very much like Cena vs the Rock when the Rock came back.  But Roman Reigns ain't Cena, and Cena ain't the Rock.

5 minutes ago, Atomic said:

Ziggler showed up on Smackdown last week but didn't wrestle.  Apparently tonight he will actually wrestle.  But during his backstage promo he pretty much seemed like the same guy he's always been.

I don't think there is any real formula for getting the fans on your side, aside from actually improving at your craft.  In some cases the absence can help.  Seth Rollins was really hot when he came back from his knee injury.  On the other hand you have guys like Y2J and The Miz who had grown stale but were able to gain fans by doing a great job on the mic.  The New Day, if you'll recall, went from hated faces, to hated heels, to loved heels, to loved faces.

I don't think the fans will ever buy into Roman's "cool guy" act.  Something has to drastically change there or it will never work.

I wasn't aware that Ziggler has been back, i must have skipped over it last week on my pvr, but I know I read somewhere nearly 3 weeks ago they were possibly repackaging him again (I think he used to be a preppy character). I didn't mind the "show off" gimmick but I think he needed to put more into it to sell it.  I think some kind of hybrid style between Mr. Perfect and Bobby Roode's current Glorious angle would have worked better.

There's no formula for the fans,  but there's no ignoring them either.  The current Reigns character is not getting the desired reaction, and IMO it might be too far gone to salvage it. At least at this time.  What the WWE is missing atm is a "monster" character like the good ol days of Papa Shango, The Undertaker,  Kane..etc  It might be a little too late to repackage Reigns into some sort of possessed version of the Undertaker since he put him down, but throw a mask on him let him build up a character then reveal it's him somewhere down the road.  If it was done right the shock and awe of reigns being ______ all along might be enough to sell him back to the fans either as a heel or a face depending how they react to his monster character

44 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

That promo was so Rock/Cena 2012. Except Cena's the part timer now. 

37 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

What the WWE is missing atm is a "monster" character like the good ol days of Papa Shango, The Undertaker,  Kane..etc  It might be a little too late to repackage Reigns into some sort of possessed version of the Undertaker since he put him down, but throw a mask on him let him build up a character then reveal it's him somewhere down the road.  If it was done right the shock and awe of reigns being ______ all along might be enough to sell him back to the fans either as a heel or a face depending how they react to his monster character

Papa Shango was terrible.  There's a reason that gimmick only lasted a year.

Putting Reigns under a mask to "hide" his identity would never work, in the 80's maybe but not these days.  There would be no shock or awe.