Ed Tait working for Bombers

Jpan85

5 hours ago, Noeller said:

http://3downnation.com/2016/05/02/15948/

Interesting, sort of candid, chat between Drew from Ham Spec, and Taiter... 

Sounds like half of his old job will still be half of his new job.  He starts off with a boring old press release about how the Bombers have signed Troy Troyson out of Troy State, then segues it into the hard knocks football saved him from the wrong side of the tracks piece that he would have normally put in the Freep two days later.  I suppose it could work.  He'll be in a position to scoop all the other beat guys.

I enjoy reading Holly MacKenzie's pieces for Raptors.com (essentially for NBA.com). She does write-ups summarizing and previewing all games and big stories. Plus the human interest stories to fill in the gaps. Same thing as Tait (minus the Hall of Fame status of course) -- working for Sportsnet and transitioning that into a deal with the team itself.

But the recaps are better than on any other media site, she doesn't sugarcoat things too much (there's a slight positive spin/bias, but doesn't try to celebrate the good when things are bad), and brings a professionalism to what probably used to be point-form intern work.

I'm excited to read Bomber news and updates through BlueBombers.com first, and the Freep/Sun/TSN/CJOB (and obviously here) after that, for the critical analysis that can't ever happen to that level on their own website.

On April 30, 2016 at 0:46 PM, iso_55 said:

I don't live in Winnipeg so why should I pay for the Freep's online service to read stories? Only Canadian newspaper to do so as far as I can see. The Freep can shove it.

Actually there are lots of pay for use newspaper sites. The Freep and Sun are just two more. 

BTW it was online and 24 hour TV and radio news that killed newspapers.

15 hours ago, mbrg said:

Sounds like half of his old job will still be half of his new job.  He starts off with a boring old press release about how the Bombers have signed Troy Troyson out of Troy State, then segues it into the hard knocks football saved him from the wrong side of the tracks piece that he would have normally put in the Freep two days later.  I suppose it could work.  He'll be in a position to scoop all the other beat guys.

Player to watch in camp for sure.