Ed Tait working for Bombers

Jpan85

Interesting.  I wonder what they're going to have him do.  Taking over Darren Cameron's blog and throwing together press releases doesn't seem like a 40 hour a week job.  And if DC is still there, and I have no reason to believe otherwise, that's 4 hours of work a week split between 2 people.

Then again, once the season starts that will get bumped up to 8 hours of work in a week, so they might need to take on a third person.  I'm going to go dust off the old resume'.

Hey thanks Post Media, dumbasses. At this rate we'll have journalism students covering stories for our major newspapers. Then again, why would anyone want to get into journalism in this country just to graduate & be unemployed? Do I hate PM damn right I do. Great for Ed Tait. Bad for readers of the Freep.

My wife still subscribes to the rag that is called the Calgary Herald. No Sunday paper. They've fired probably a dozen columnists & reporters the past 2 years or so. Very little local coverage. They'll have reporters covering a sporting event from their living room watching television than actually send a reporter to cover the event. It's all about the NP section they put in the paper now.  I barely read the Herald now but it is a great floor covering for  the cages of my two budgies. .

3 hours ago, Noeller said:

Word is, Eddy and Bart taking the buyouts and resigning saved the jobs of several others by freeing up a pile of cash. Good on em to take the bullet. 

Both of them seem like the type that would take a hit personally in the name of helping the industry/those just starting out in a dying industry. It's a noble act if that is in fact the case. Not even that crazy when you think about how things might end up with they stick around.

3 hours ago, iso_55 said:

Think they would have had the Bombers not hired them?

Kives is going to the CBC, not the Bombers.

55 minutes ago, ediger said:

Both of them seem like the type that would take a hit personally in the name of helping the industry/those just starting out in a dying industry. It's a noble act if that is in fact the case. Not even that crazy when you think about how things might end up with they stick around.

Kives is leaving the FP for a better job. He is too young to resign for altruistic reasons. He needs a pay cheque as much as anyone.

http://www.bluebombers.com/2016/04/29/bombers-acquire-hall-of-fame-football-writer-ed-tait/

WINNIPEG, MB – The Winnipeg Blue Bombers are pleased to announce today they have acquired veteran football writer Ed Tait, who comes aboard as the club’s new Director of Content for bluebombers.com.

Tait joins the Bombers after 29 years in the newspaper industry working for the Winnipeg Free Press, Winnipeg Sun and Saskatoon Star-Phoenix, while periodically providing analysis for both CJOB and TSN.

In his new role with the football club, Tait will report and write on the Bombers on a daily basis including attending all road games and oversee the editorial content on bluebombers.com year-round.

“This is an absolutely fabulous opportunity,” Tait said. “I’ve been around the Blue Bombers dating back to the last championship and hope to augment the coverage of the team already available on the website. We will also be creating some new ideas that will make bluebombers.com the go-to site for all things related to the club.”

Tait is a member of the Football Reporters of Canada Media Wing at the Canadian Football Hall of Fame, and on the Media Roll of Honour with the Manitoba Sportswriters & Sportscasters Association. He has served as President of the Football Reporters of Canada (2004) and was named Canadian Football League Reporter of the Year in 2010 by his media colleagues.

“Ed has been around the Blue Bombers for parts of three decades now and has been a respected writer, not just for his coverage of this team, but the entire CFL,” said Bombers President & CEO, Wade Miller. “We’ve been busy in the offseason making changes to our football roster and now this addition will give fans what they wanted – even more reason to visit bluebombers.com for all news related to the organization.”

“Ed’s creativity and writing skills will be a major asset to the Winnipeg Football Club and we’re so excited to have him on board to oversee our website content.”
Tait’s work on bluebombers.com will start appearing today.

Will be nice to see the quality of content on the Bomber site go up.   However, Ed will now be an employee of the club, so his editorials will likely be more biased.

Also going to miss his coverage of the Jets with the Free Press.  Big loss for the paper.

Hope Ed is happy with his new job, he has been one of the better reporters in this city for the last 20 - 30 years.