Mayweather may UNretire to fight Mcgregor

http://www.unilad.co.uk/sport/floyd-mayweather-and-conor-mcgregor-on-verge-of-super-fight/

Floyd Mayweather And Conor McGregor ‘On Verge’ Of Super-Fight

BY : KIERON CURTIS | 06/05/16

3.8kShares

super 1PA

Conor McGregor and Floyd Mayweather are reportedly on the verge of announcing a super-fight.

According to The Sun, the fight is just weeks away from being confirmed with the purse needing to be agreed upon before contracts can be signed.

It is not the first we have heard about a potential fight between the pair. McGregor sounded out the undefeated boxer back in March on the possibility of stepping into the ring…

Allegedly the fighters fees would be far from a 50/50 split, with ‘Money’ Mayweather set to bank £100 million in comparison to a rumoured £7 million for the Irishman.

A source told The Sun:

Floyd went mad after Conor said he would crush him and knock him out in 30 seconds, he’s obsessed with making Conor eat his words.

Floyd is calling the shots. It’s strictly boxing and Conor will have to lose roughly 25lbs.

It was agreed in principle on May 2, but Floyd wouldn’t reveal the identity of his opponent until last night when he told friends he’ll be fighting Conor.

PA 25692076PA

Mayweather would certainly have the upper hand in a straight boxing bout on paper, with McGregor’s MMA skill set essentially handicapped, but following his recent woes with the UFC this could be precisely the pay day the ‘Notorious’ is seeking.

Someone bored, wrote this chit. Having said that McGregor could say f-u to UFC get 7 mil(pounds?) for max 9 minutes of work and quit/retire.

Mayweather would hit 50-0 and retire in an easier fight then the last one.

Hey, I would watch this circus. Not pay for it but i'd stay up to catch the torrent.

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

• 1 year later...

Lol at all the posts in this thread. I never thought it would happen either though.

McGregor's significantly bigger, so his best chance is to bully him, keep him on the ropes or in the corner and pound on him.  That and hope Mayweather's age has caught up to him and he'll be slow enough to hit now.

I'll be watching. 

McGregor has no shot in a boxing match against Mayweather. The only hope is that Mayweather has forgotten how to box. Pound for pound, one of the best ever. His strategy will be flawless. 

The biggest knock against Mayweather at this point would be that he does not have tape on McGregor. And, maybe the long layoff. 

Edited by JCon
Typo

15 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

I assume boxing is an integral part of MMA training. Is it on the level of Mayweather? probably not. But anything can happen

Considering the elite in boxing couldn't take out Mayweather... I don't see how a guy who isn't even the best MMA boxer at 155 could take him out aside from a punchers chance.   

9 hours ago, Brandon said:

Considering the elite in boxing couldn't take out Mayweather... I don't see how a guy who isn't even the best MMA boxer at 155 could take him out aside from a punchers chance.   

Don't get me wrong, I don't think McGregor is going to win. Mayweather plays too much of the defensive game, is ridiculously good at it so even if McGregor doesn't get gassed after x amount of rounds, he's likely not going to suddenly do what others have not been able to do previous (knock him out). Only thing McGregor can hope for is Mayweather comes in with some ring rust

Edited by Taynted_Fayth