Mayweather may UNretire to fight Mcgregor

13 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

But it is boxing where many a fight has been predetermined by a man in a fedora hat.

Let's not forget that in 1994 George Foreman at age 45, regained a portion of the heavyweight championship by knocking out 27-year-old Michael Moorer to win the unified WBA, IBF, and lineal titles.

and Holyfield-Lewis 1.

I watched that fight on PPV.  Foreman was an enigma.  A very talented fighter who altered his style with age, could absorb an enormous amount opf punishment.  The odds were better for Foreman than McGregor.

13 hours ago, Brandon said:

This is the only sane post in this thread...

I also like when people say Connor is a world class striker...  no he isn't.     

The Kimbo/Brock Lesnar cross over can work because in MMA the heavyweight division is so thin on talent that their may only be 10 really good guys and fringe big men can make it in easily.  

Even saying that, Kimbo was a joke in MMA.  Brock was actually a world class wrestler with ridiculous strength, power and speed.  And even sayng that, if Brock boxed someone, he'd get knocked out.  He did get knocked silly by guys with far less talent.

Connor is a world class striker in MMA.  Not in boxing.  If this was an MMA fight, Mayweather wouldn't last 30 seconds. 

I think mcGregor's only chance is a major boner on Mayweather's part (figuratively) or he bum rushes Maywaeather immediately, shocks him and lands a miraculous flurry.   Which wont happen. 

12 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I watched that fight on PPV.  Foreman was an enigma.  A very talented fighter who altered his style with age, could absorb an enormous amount opf punishment.  The odds were better for Foreman than McGregor.

One of the all time great achievements in boxing. And a pretty dang good fight too. Punchers chance and not much more then that is what mcg has. Against floyd, itd basically be like the phantom punch. The only less probable out come of that fight is floyd KOing mcg. 

45 minutes ago, Fraser said:

McGregor  is gonna  get destroyed 

If by destroyed you mean have a marathon ran around him get tapped by glass hands in massive pillows and be really really tired then yes. 

You have about zero idea what you're  talking about.  McGregor is going to be so  outclassed he's  gonna taking a nap.

This is going to go about  as well as mayweather Hatton if it started in the  7th round. 

Edited by Fraser

9 hours ago, Fraser said:

You have about zero idea what you're  talking about.  McGregor is going to be so  outclassed he's  gonna taking a nap.

This is going to go about  as well as mayweather Hatton if it started in the  7th round. 

Uh huh. floyd has 2 kos in 10+ years. Hes a good bit smaller then mcg, and fights even more cautiously with his hands in the last few fights then ever before. Floyd back then and prior could ko mcg. And probably would in the later rounds when he is gassed. But today? you couldnt be more wrong. floyds only chance of a ko is if mcg gasses worse then dada 5000. And that wont happen, he isnt gonna be half past dead going into it. 

McG may be in phenomenal shape going in but he's never boxed before. 5 rounds of MMA is gruelling but surviving 12 rounds of boxing is different. You have to pace yourself differently. I could totally see McG struggling to pace himself, throwing punches at Mayweather, gassing himself by the 8th round. 

It will be interesting, which, again, is why I want to see this fight. 

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...