What would you realistically trade for 4th overall and who would you pick?

If Myers has an NMC and we have to protect him in an expansion draft, I would trade him for the 4th overall and pick PLD.

If Deadmonton wanted more, I wouldn't offer much more than Postma. I might offer Glover or Poolman.

PLD would look great in this lineup in 2-3 years.

It isn't a hate it is an abundance of quality right hand shooting defenseman and if he has no movement claws he needs to be moved before it kicks in it is also a chance of getting a quality number one Center

8 hours ago, Ducky said:

If Myers has an NMC and we have to protect him in an expansion draft, I would trade him for the 4th overall and pick PLD.

If Deadmonton wanted more, I wouldn't offer much more than Postma. I might offer Glover or Poolman.

PLD would look great in this lineup in 2-3 years.

Like I've said before, now that my man Buff has been secured, I'm hoping on the Myers train. No way we trade him for a 4th pick, we secure him, he's part of our core, he's a special player with a unique skill set that's still evolving.

If I'm the Oilers, I would rather trade for Hamonic too...

I could see Myers and Stafford getting 4th overall... but not sure if its worth it - would rather see Chevy trade up into the mid-1st round for Sergachev or Bean

Way rather see Myers et al traded for Hamonic straight up.  NYI is stocked with prospects... Stafford would be a nice fit for a year or two.

6 hours ago, Floyd said:

I could see Myers and Stafford getting 4th overall... but not sure if its worth it - would rather see Chevy trade up into the mid-1st round for Sergachev or Bean

Way rather see Myers et al traded for Hamonic straight up.  NYI is stocked with prospects... Stafford would be a nice fit for a year or two.

6 hours ago, Floyd said:

If I'm the Oilers, I'm taking that deal as fast as I can.

If I'm the Islanders, I'm taking that deal as fast as I can.

8 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

If I'm the Oilers, I'm taking that deal as fast as I can.

If I'm the Islanders, I'm taking that deal as fast as I can.

Trouble is I don't think Chevy will offer that to Edmonton...  NYI deal - quite possible imo if Laine is in lineup this year

I don't get the attraction of the 4th pick. We've already got a stud coming our way at 2 - do we need another young stud FW to fight for ice time down the road?

A more pressing need is Hamonic or a better RH shot D than we've currently got.

22 overall could be in play, same with Dano/Burmi/Petan/Armia in no particular order. We've got the assets, it's up to Chevy to decide if we make the big push this season or next.

2 hours ago, Jimmy Pop said:

I don't get the attraction of the 4th pick. We've already got a stud coming our way at 2 - do we need another young stud FW to fight for ice time down the road?

People want to get dman jakob chychrun and the belief is that EDM will go after him. I'm not so sure that chychrun goes any higher then 7th at this point.

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

And I'd we traded to 4. We wouldn't be taking a d man either. It would be for PLD.  Or we could then trade 4 to a team like Montreal for 9 and their 2nd or Calgary 6th and their 2nd or really... a team between 6 and 9 for the first and 2nd and take a d man between 6 and 9. If we trade for 4th and don't trade down with the 4th... it's for PLD or Brown or Jost even. 4 is to high to take a d man this year. Chychrun Sergachev Juolevi Bean McAvoy Fabbro.... not much of a difference between them at all. Bean could be the best of the bunch and be picked last. No D man has really distinguished himself as a can't miss prospect in this draft. 

Right now im guessing Arizona or Buffalo might take a d man with their pick but honestly...I'm not convinced at this moment that any D go in the top 10. Big run on forwards in the top 10 11 12 15 even I'm guessing. Probably be a good d man for the Jets at 22 

Edited by Goalie

I think Edmonton trades 4 because taking a D-man there would be over-valuing a D player.  So they trade down to get something now and still get a good player.

I dont think the Jets make any moves but if they do, it will be if someone they really like falls from 8-15 and they feel they can leverage #22 and something else to move up and grab someone they really value.

On the other hand, they have lots of mid-6/bottom-6 depth and someone is going to have to be moved eventually... But I think they'd just as soon open camp with too many guys fighting for spots.

• 2 weeks later...

I might be more interested in trading up from 22 if a Guy like Keller falls, Kid has a ton of talent, natural Center unlike PLD who is a natural wing, who hasn't really played much center at all.. 

Or Heck, It's likely a guy like Rubstov could be there at 22, I'm not sure i like the idea of trading myers plus armia type for pick 4 only to take another forward prospect when we are stacked with them. If the idea was to trade myers plus armia type for 4 and then to trade 4 to montreal/arizona for their 1st and 2nd rounders, sure.. I'd be all for that but cuz then we could take the LHD that we kind of sort of in a way need, but... to trade Myers plus armia for pick 4 only to take another forward? Not sure it makes much sense. 

Rubstov,Kunin could/should be available at 22. 

Personally i think Myers plus Armia type cuz that's what it would take to get 4, I think reality is that if we were looking to move Myers, have my doubts right now but if we were, I'd think a Myers for LHD of similar type of pedigree would make more sense. 

Not sure how i feel about trading a top 4 D man in myers for pick 4 when we really don't have the need for any forward prospects at the moment.

Laine is a given at 2, No doubt about it now, we are taking him, it's pretty much a done deal  but.... i'm not sure if trading myers ++ for pick 4 makes much sense actually. 

Honestly i'd probably rather look at moving Enstrom at this time. Not sure what he'd get you but... maybe a mid to late first.. and then take the BPA with that pick. 

Buff. Trouba. Myers. Morrissey next season isn't awful top 4. 

Edited by Goalie