Around The NHL 2016/2017

wow all three Canadian eastern conference teams are up in the top three spots in the leaderboard, anyone else hoping for a classic series between MTL and Toronto? I do, because then one less playoff for me to watch (because either way a Canadian team is advancing there) but that won't happen now will it

(how does the decision work again someone refresh me?)

I'm a little surprised no one has mentioned the questionable Sidney Crosby slashes in consecutive games... here's my unsolicited thoughts on it...

I thought the one against O'Reilly was pretty dirty and unnecessary... probably deserved a fine....  

I was ok with the one against Methot.... It was a typical little hack that you see dozens of times a game... unfortunately the result was much worse though.... but really, I'd attribute it more to unlucky contact than anything dirty or malicious...

2 minutes ago, bearpants said:

I'm a little surprised no one has mentioned the questionable Sidney Crosby slashes in consecutive games... here's my unsolicited thoughts on it...

I thought the one against O'Reilly was pretty dirty and unnecessary... probably deserved a fine....  

I was ok with the one against Methot.... It was a typical little hack that you see dozens of times a game... unfortunately the result was much worse though.... but really, I'd attribute it more to unlucky contact than anything dirty or malicious...

Yeah was a tiny tap. Just a one in a million chance.

2 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Rick Ralph gonna talk in a second as to why San Diego is averaging 12k a game in the AHL.

Now that they lost their NFL team there's no pro team for SD in the winter.

enhanced-9521-1458078581-1.jpg

12K vs 8.5K, who cares. It's the AHL.  Bottom line is SD is def near the top of AHL attendance.  The team did a lot of marketing and promoting themselves around the time the Chargers left town.  Smart.

Really, if there's a market that can relate - it's Winnipeg. 

6 minutes ago, Jimmy Pop said:

12K vs 8.5K, who cares. It's the AHL.  Bottom line is SD is def near the top of AHL attendance.  The team did a lot of marketing and promoting themselves around the time the Chargers left town.  Smart.

Really, if there's a market that can relate - it's Winnipeg. 

San Diego Coyotes works :P

1 hour ago, bearpants said:

Whether it's a slash, whether it's a boarding penalty, whether it's a elbowing penalty, hitting from behind, leaving your feet, kneeing etc etc I find a lot of inconsistency in what's deems a suspension and/or how long it is. The player was hurt by a purposeful illegal action. A lot of suspensions/fines and lengths seem to be influenced by injuries. If a player is not injured on an illegal action by the opponent, I find no injury on the play highly influences whether/how long he gets suspended and or fined. Shouldn't it work the other way as well, regardless of the level of viciousness, it's still illegal AND it resulted in injury therefore warrants a suspension and/or fine.  

Edited by HardCoreBlue
Added fine

I saw the aftermath but not the slash.  But the "tapping" on the hands is absolutely ridiculous and needs to go.  But I bet Crosby takes those slashes as much as anyone.  Hard to blame him for dishing a few back (well, we SHOULD blame him as we should blame all the players for doing it but until the NHL decides to punish players for it, then broken hands, broken fingers, torn fingertips etc will be the norm).