Around The NHL 2016/2017

11 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I'd have loved if the Jets had their window. Chicago being the best or one of the best teams in the NHL & two Stanley Cups. If their window broke after that they'd still be happy. Our window hasn't even been delivered yet, let alone installed.

Mr Toews says 3, thank you very much...

Laine is easily #2 and competing for 1. Being in the playoffs isn't apart of rookie who had the best individual season.  That's why these awards can be tricky. 

You show those stats to ten people that have no idea who either guy is and I bet most of them would say Laine should win.  If Laine had scored less in bunches and saved some for the end and wasn't hurt, it's a different conversation. 

5 minutes ago, Mark F said:

Montreal.....

The Wild......beaten by the coach they fired... some good p.r. needed

Coach changes not always working out so well.

Montreal... failed by the coach they hired... twice.  I bet there are a lot of pissy fans in Montreal right now.

18 hours ago, Floyd said:

Matthews is a Centre and Laine would have had to dominate to win - without the concussion, I think he had a legit chance.

Matthews deserves it, he's a great player.  That being said, if Babcock was coaching Laine... cough cough...

If Babcock was coaching Laine he wouldn't have been in the top six all year.  Good bad you decide.

In my opinion Laine fell far out of it and I'd be hesitant to even put him in the top 3.  Matthews and Matt Murray are the clear top 2 and Werenski/Laine would be an interesting conversation about who is number 3.  Mid season I would have put Laine number one but he ran out of gas.

4 hours ago, Atomic said:

In my opinion Laine fell far out of it and I'd be hesitant to even put him in the top 3.  Matthews and Matt Murray are the clear top 2 and Werenski/Laine would be an interesting conversation about who is number 3.  Mid season I would have put Laine number one but he ran out of gas.

Not even top three? Come on lol. His stats sheet at 18 years old in that many games?   I know we are a bit of a self loathing fan base but thats nutty.  

Laine is clear #2. And competitive for #1.  If everything was exactly the same but Laine played for TO and Matthews for the Jets, Laine would be the front runner. 

1 hour ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Not even top three? Come on lol. His stats sheet at 18 years old in that many games?   I know we are a bit of a self loathing fan base but thats nutty.  

Laine is clear #2. And competitive for #1.  If everything was exactly the same but Laine played for TO and Matthews for the Jets, Laine would be the front runner. 

Speaking of self-loathing fan-base.... ha

Matthews hit 40 goals, has better corsi, tk/gv very good and is a centre.  Murray is his closest competitor really.

7 hours ago, Atomic said:

It's an interesting argument when it's guys at four different positions. Winger is the easiest of the four, so Laine would have really needed to dominate to beat out the rest of them. 

I have Matthews first, which seems pretty obvious. I think a good argument could be made for any order of the next three guys. 

I wonder if Montreal would re-sign Radulov and go after Kovalchuk. 

Kovalchuk is interesting case.  He can sign with the Devils anytime he wants and play.  He can sign with any other team as long as all 30 other teams agree.  Devil's cannot trade him unless he signs.  So he either plays for the Devils or re-signs and is traded.  So basically, if he wants to go anywhere, say Montreal, his agent will have to work out a contract agreement with Montreal plus a trade that the Devils would agree to.  then Devils would sign him and execute the trade.

All this per Bob Mackenzie.

20 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

he's one year away from UFA. There's no guarantee he re-signs with us anyway. Besides, what would it cost? Our first + comrie+ one of connor/roslovic? It's not a deal we can afford to make.

Sure would make us legit though!

Edited by Judd