Around The NHL 2016/2017

9 minutes ago, Judd said:

he's one year away from UFA. There's no guarantee he re-signs with us anyway. Besides, what would it cost? Our first + comrie+ one of connor/roslovic? It's not a deal we can afford to make.

Sure would make us legit though!

If we could get an extension sorted out before pulling the trigger, I'd do it. I'd never give that much up for anybody with only one year left though.

15 hours ago, Mark F said:

Not sure, but I think therecan be partial tears, of those ligaments.

That would be my guess.  He wouldn't be the first to play with no ACL, but no MCL would be problematic.  My guess would be a partial tear and a lot of painkillers and anti-inflammatory meds.

16 minutes ago, iHeart said:

The acceptable reason is that he makes millions a year and dont need to get injured in anything but the NHL.

Matthews is American so I don't care what he does. I just remember Jarome Iginla always turning down his country to go golfing in Kelowna as the Flames sucked (still do) when he played for them except for 2004. Shane Doan always said yes as did that player from the Oilers. He ever said no. Can't remember his name.

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Matthews is American so I don't care what he does. I just remember Jarome Iginla always turning down his country to go golfing in Kelowna as the Flames sucked (still do) when he played for them except for 2004. Shane Doan always said yes as did that player from the Oilers. He ever said no. Can't remember his name.

Ryan Smyth?

3 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

The Oilers always encouraged their players to go if they were eliminated (har har, heard the jokes). They felt it was a good experience and Ryan Smyth as an example always said the goal was to play hockey in the spring so that was just another way to do it. Iginla was a loser for not going if you ask me, lots of years Canada coulda used him. 

31 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

The Oilers always encouraged their players to go if they were eliminated (har har, heard the jokes). They felt it was a good experience and Ryan Smyth as an example always said the goal was to play hockey in the spring so that was just another way to do it. Iginla was a loser for not going if you ask me, lots of years Canada coulda used him. 

Yeah, agree. One of the reasons I never liked the guy. He seemed to like it better when the Flames were eliminated so he could golf instead of play hockey for his country. Always had a lame excuse for never playing in the World Championships. For over a decade, every year. Now he's a fourth line winger that Canada would never want unable to win a SC championship.

Edited by SpeedFlex27