Around The NHL 2016/2017

@Atomic Yeah, you're right.  There was something...its that weird red stripe for no reason.  Social media either loves them or hates them.  I like them.  New colour scheme to the NHL.

Jets jersey is almost unchanged.  Collar piping is darker blue now, rather then the polar blue.  The jersey's are supposed to be of a new material and lighter and cooler to wear.  Same as World Cup of Hockey jerseys (anyone have one?)

44 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

@Atomic Yeah, you're right.  There was something...its that weird red stripe for no reason.  Social media either loves them or hates them.  I like them.  New colour scheme to the NHL.

Jets jersey is almost unchanged.  Collar piping is darker blue now, rather then the polar blue.  The jersey's are supposed to be of a new material and lighter and cooler to wear.  Same as World Cup of Hockey jerseys (anyone have one?)

Yeah I saw all the Canadian ones and couldn't detect any major differences.

I do like that VGK have gone with a unique colour scheme.  People were going to criticize it no matter what so that's okay.

I love their main logo.  Simple.  Crisp.  Has a fierce intimidation to it.  You know exactly what it is.  And its cute in that they have a "Knights" helmet forming a Vegas "V".  I dig it.   Glad they didnt use a cartoony design that was in vogue a few years ago.  its why I like the Jets main logo too - simple and meaningful.

The thing with Hossa, if it hasnt been said already, is he's apparently alergic to his equipment.  And the medicine he needs is so potent he has to have his blood routinely tested and there is concern about taking it so long (from Elliot Friedman).

That's brutal.  Scored 26 goals last season.

I assume he goes on LTIR and this frees up cap space for the Hawks?

8 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Its no coincidence that its Hossas last year on one of those get paid lots early but only a million bucks this year deals. 

And by all rights he should retire forcing Hawks to pay "recapture penalties" of $3+ million a year.  Instead, they will put him on LTIR and enjoy the cap savings.

I dig those Vegas jerseys and I dig how much Manitoba content there is on that team already. If they end up with a player that I really like, I'd definitely look at getting a jersey for my collection...

7 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Oh sure they get one of the worst teams in the league for franchise opener. We got MTL.

yeah that does seem a little unfair but we were in the eastern conference then, if we started in the Western Conference they probably would have sic'd either Chicago or Anaheim on us