Around The NHL 2016/2017

12 hours ago, Floyd said:

Number-Of-People-That-Care-Game-Show-Gif

No, you don't care. I want us to win a gold medal every year. Don't mistake wall to wall SC playoff coverage to the lack of world championship hockey coverage. Of course, the SC playoffs are bigger. I'm certain a lot of hockey fans want Canada to win as well.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

2 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

No, you don't care. I want us to win a gold medal every year. Don't mistake wall to wall SC playoff coverage to the lack of world championship hockey coverage. Of course, the SC playoffs are bigger. I'm certain a lot of hockey fans want Canada to win as well.

We all want Canada to win... and I will cheer as I watch the highlights on tsn.ca

On 4/26/2017 at 8:40 PM, SpeedFlex27 said:

Flames made the playoffs to lose the 1st round every year. Four of 5 extra games, whatever. They've never won another playoff series after 04. Then, they couldn't even make the playoffs with Iggy on the roster.

wait didn't the flames advance to the second round in 2015 only to get doused by those damn ducks?

We do have picks. But unlike Carolina who has an aging ward and a worse than hutch Lack... we have a goalie (helle) that we care about losing to Vegas.  Carolina doesn't. 

Fwiw Darling and his Agent had no idea he was traded. Elliott makes sense but lawless is just guessing like everyone else. He's probably bottom of my want list. 

3 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Lawless has said on the radio that Elliot would be most likely since he would be open to playing in Winnipeg and he would come cheap and would be ok playing 30-40 games per year unlike some of the other guys who would want to be clear cut #1.

Cheap and content to only play 30 games... Stanley Cup here we come!!!

3 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Yup. Jets aren't looking for a starting goalie. They believe that is Helle. They are looking for a solid back up. 

If the Jets goaltending is below average again next season the fans are going to get angry and loud. 

and will probably demand Maurice's dismissal

What Lawless said is that Helle would get 30 starts,  Elliott (or whoever else) would get 30 starts and of the two whoever played better would start the remaining games.   

I definitely believe him when he says that is the Jets plan. 

7 minutes ago, Brandon said:

What Lawless said is that Helle would get 30 starts,  Elliott (or whoever else) would get 30 starts and of the two whoever played better would start the remaining games.   

I definitely believe him when he says that is the Jets plan. 

I do too.  But I think if they sign Elliott and Helle struggles, that is not the Jets' plan.  They believe in Helle.  Signing Elliott would tell is that.  If they thought Helle couldnt be a starter, they'd look at Bishop, Darling or Fleury.

5 hours ago, iHeart said:

wouldn't it be nice if the Jets could get Bishop?

Put it at a 1 percent chance. Someone gonna overpay big time for him. He's a good goalie but only way I'm interested is if he signs 3 years. He won't tho.  

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl-issues-list-of-expansion-exempt-players-1.741493

NHL released their list of expansion draft exempt players.  These players can't be picked by Vegas nor can they be used by teams to expose their minimum requirements.  

For those hoping ... Myers is not on the list.

The players include forwards David Bolland and Craig Cunningham and defenceman Chris Pronger of the Arizona Coyotes, Buffalo Sabres forward Cody McCormick, winger David Clarkson of the Columbus Blue Jackets, winger Johan Franzen and centre Joe Vitale of the Detroit Red Wings, New Jersey Devils winger Ryane Clowe, New York Islanders centre Mikhail Grabovski, Pascal Dupuis of the Pittsburgh Penguins, and winger Nathan Horton and blueliner Stephane Robidas of the Toronto Maple Leafs.

Honestly I want one of the Caps' goalies - Holtby or Grubauer.  They are going to lose Grubauer to Vegas FOR SURE if they keep Holtby.  I believe we could trade for one of them.  Not cheap.  But I'd be willing to move two first round picks and more for Holtby (he could be on the outs if the Caps have another early exit... stay tuned).  I'd pay less for Grubauer but still a decent price, perhaps a first rounder and a good prospect like Roslovic.

A lot of people who didnt think they would miss Lawless' input is going to miss it.  Must have been a heck of a deal to leave TSN. He had to be well-compensated for everything he did.  But living in Vegas sounds amazing!

CFL Insider Gary Lawless leaving TSN

According to the club, Lawless will serve as the Vegas Golden Knights “insider.”

In this role, Lawless will author in-depth breaking news stories, columns, features, event recaps and player/staff profiles on vegasgoldenknights.com and will serve as the team’s lead on-camera reporter, filing daily video recaps from Golden Knights practices, games, events and press conferences.

Lawless spent the last 18 years in Winnipeg as both a newspaper and radio personality and wrote extensively about the Winnipeg Blue Bombers. Originally from Peterborough, Lawless was also the public relations director of the Toronto Argonauts in the mid-1990s.

TSN moved Lawless into a CFL Insider role in September 2015 when he joined the network full-time.

Edited by The Unknown Poster