Jump to content

kelownabomberfan

Members
  • Posts

    14,746
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    21

Everything posted by kelownabomberfan

  1. was he really cut by Toronto? The word from the resident Argo fan was that the Argo's released him early rather than making him wait until Feb 15th so that he could get an early start on the NFL opportunities he supposedly had.
  2. yeah it's hard to argue that right now. Burke's no bullshit responses may have got him in real hot water this time. He isn't even pretending that he has any say or control of this team right now. It will be an interesting coaches show tonight that's for sure.
  3. I wonder how many orgasms Friesen had in his pants while writing this latest nugget.... http://www.winnipegsun.com/2013/08/12/bombers-justin-goltz-feels-betrayed-at-demotion The Winnipeg Blue Bombers returned to practice a picture of dysfunction Monday. A new starting quarterback — the third one already this season — and new offensive consultant were easy to spot. Who’s making the decisions is another story. First, the decision to make Max Hall the starting quarterback for Friday’s game against Hamilton, demoting Justin Goltz to No. 3 after just two starts. “I don’t know who made the call,” a visibly shaken Goltz said. “You ask around and nobody can give you a straight answer. “I definitely feel betrayed at this point.” Veteran Buck Pierce, now No. 2 on the depth chart, was shaking his head, too. “I have no idea who’s making any kind of calls anymore,” Pierce said. “I stopped trying to figure it out. I’ve been in this league a long time ... and it’s a first.” Not even Hall could say who made him the starter. Only when head coach Tim Burke spoke did the answer come. And it’s not the one you’d expect. Burke washed his hands of the decision, saying he left it up to the offensive coaches, led by co-ordinator Gary Crowton. “I’m going to leave it up to them,” Burke said. “I stated my opinion, but I’m not going to handcuff them. That’s not my job. “My expertise is on defence.” As for the hiring of longtime CFL coach Marcel Bellefeuille as a consultant for the offence, Burke said that wasn’t just his call, either. New CEO Wade Miller was involved. In fact, Bellefeuille said it was Miller who called him on the weekend. Burke said he, Miller, and assistant GM Kyle Walters are making the football decisions. Well, at least the ones not involving the quarterbacks. “I’m the head coach and I’m doing my job to the best of my ability,” Burke said. “Wade’s not dictating anything. So far it’s been us three making the decisions.” As for his two confused quarterbacks, Burke said they’re understandably upset but will get over it. Both Goltz and Pierce say the pressure to win is causing knee-jerk reactions. “There’s a lot of pressure with a lot of people’s jobs,” Goltz said. “Everybody’s trying to search for a fast fix. And I don’t think one person’s going to come in and turn around our offence. There’s a lot of pieces that need to be fixed.”
  4. It just seems like everyone is trying to out-do one another in complaining. Yeah things don't look so good right now. That Goltz comment has me kind of cheesed. But we'll see what happens after the smoke clears. Panic is our worst enemy right now.
  5. oh you guys. Just relax already. My goodness. You guys are acting like Crowton killed your dog and Burke punched your grandmas. Give things a few days to work themselves out. We've got a really crappy team coming to town on Friday, let's give our team a chance to get their **** together and figure things out. All of this whining isn't helping or going to change anything by Friday. I'd hate to have you guys working in my company - if the mail was five minutes late and the toner ran out in the printer you'd all be crying in your hankies and sobbing that the world was coming to an end.
  6. This is what I've been seeing lately whenever Iso posts:
  7. Hope that he takes Cauchy with him then.
  8. Bob Irving ‏@BobIrvingCJOB39m Cory watson and demond washington practicing--bombers will be as healthy as they've been all year vs hamilton Friday Good to hear this as this is the only game I'll be watching live and in person all year.
  9. https://twitter.com/russ_sportsguy/status/366960721801654273/photo/1 Bellfool is already there at practice today. I guess I have to stop calling him that now that he's with us. I just shudder to think that he is a heartbeat from HC with us right now.
  10. Russ Hobson ‏@russ_sportsguy39m Receiver Cory Watson in full equipment and back practicing with #Bombers. Well someone is lying.
  11. I assumed it was the picture of Mack getting friendly with a donkey that Morley had in a secure vault somewhere. Remove Mack, now that picture isn't going to save Morley's job anymore.
  12. Paul Friesen ‏@friesensunmedia5m Yes indeed, it appears the Max Hall era is underway for #Bombers. Buck Pierce #2, J Goltz takes the hard fall to third. Easy come, easy go.
  13. Gord Barnsley ‏@WinnipegGordo31m On 1st teams: Swiston is in for Morley at guard, receivers are Matthews, T Eds, Denmark, Etienne and Kohlert. Watson is back and on 2nd team Rod Pedersen ‏@sportscage34m Gary Lawless on @TSN1290Radio says Brendan Taman won't allow Bombers to talk to Jeremy O'Day till end of the season Russ Hobson ‏@russ_sportsguy37m As expected Max Hall working with 1st string offence. #Bombers
  14. I still think he is going to try the NFL.
  15. Ugh. I hate it when guys can't stand up to their wives and give them jobs in their companies that they don't deserve and aren't qualified to do. It's never good.
  16. This just in - Kavis Reed has been hired as a "special investigator" with a mandate to find the leak, and to also give recommendations on consequences. Apparently fines are against the Director's collective bargaining agreement.
  17. Yes. Zurkowsky tweeting "Mack is a moron" last year after firing Lapo is an "imaginary" slight. I would hope Penton or Friesen or even Ed Tait returns the favour and tweets that Popp is a moron, now that the Als are imploding at the speed of light.
  18. Well exactly. If you are going to make the tackle position an Import position then at least bring in guys that are better than what you'd get with a Canadian playing there. So far we've been playing imports at that position that are just wasted there as a Canadian could have been a turnstyle too. One of the reasons I think the Riders are doing well is that they were able to convert Ben Heenan to tackle this year. Swiston should be out there already. Pencer should be there next year, backing up Swiston. We have to get to 4 NI on the OL. There's no point on having 3 if the import tackle is crap. Keep January. Make the other side an NI position.
  19. I think that by now Mack should have found an NI tackle. He had four years. Having 4 NI on the OL opens up so many other options including having more import receivers on the field.
  20. and it will be settled internally.
  21. I agree. Seems to be how things work in this league. The Bombers have some issues and it's blown into some massive deal with every single media clown with an axe to grind across Canada weighing in with their opinion. Meanwhile, Montreal, Hamilton and Edmonton are at least 50 feet of crap below us right now and everything is apparently hunky-dory. Herb Zurkowsky from Montreal has been one of Mack's biggest protagonists, even calling him a "moron" on Twitter IIRC, and yet here is the sports writer for a team that served up the biggest bowl of crap yet in 2013 last night. Mind your own knitting guys. We're down but we're not out. The same can't be said for Montreal. They look like a team that is on the verge of collapse. In this league, you can never say that next year you are already dead. You can go from zero to hero in one year. It's been done many times before.
×
×
  • Create New...