US Politics

Rich

1 minute ago, bustamente said:

When the Mooch starts throwing shade at the White House after all the defending he has been doing even since he got fired you know that there are some big problems in this government.

I think it means its Kelly's turn to be Trump's sacrificial lamb.  Over/Under on Kelly resigning, being interviewed by Mueller, Trump claiming he was fired and then ripping publicly...

11 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I think it means its Kelly's turn to be Trump's sacrificial lamb.  Over/Under on Kelly resigning, being interviewed by Mueller, Trump claiming he was fired and then ripping publicly...

The carousel will just keep going round in round until it's just Trump and Miller left, oh and the Press Secretary who knows how to talk out of both sides of her mouth and not really saying anything.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/13/politics/trump-unconvinced-russia-meddled-election/index.html

Trump still unconvinced Russia meddled in 2016 election

Washington (CNN)President Donald Trump still isn't buying that Russia interfered in the 2016 election.

Even as his intelligence chiefs unanimously told a Senate panel Tuesday that Russia meddled in 2016 and is planning to do so again in 2018, three sources familiar with the President's thinking say he remains unconvinced that Russia interfered in the presidential election.
While this issue is separate from the question of whether Trump campaign officials colluded with Russian officials, to Trump the issues are interwoven, the sources say. He views the notion that Russia meddled in the election as an argument that he had help to win, and that he didn't win the election on his own.
Trump's view contradicts his intelligence chiefs, including Director of National Intelligence Dan Coats, CIA Director Mike Pompeo and FBI Director Chris Wray, who all testified -- again -- on Tuesday that they supported the intelligence community's January 2017 assessment that Russia interfered in the 2016 election.

GREAT THUNDERIN' JEEBUS! 

What does Russia have on trump?

12 hours ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

GREAT THUNDERIN' JEEBUS! 

What does Russia have on trump?

If it is proven that Putin  Trump won the election, with Russian help, Trump's  33 million followers will say thank you to Russia.

They don't seem to care about elections, democracy, freedom.

One of Trump's few correct statements is  " I could stand in the middle of fifth avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn't lose any voters"

“But I don’t want to go among mad people," Alice remarked.
"Oh, you can’t help that," said the Cat: "we’re all mad here. I’m mad. You’re mad."
"How do you know I’m mad?" said Alice.
"You must be," said the Cat, "or you wouldn’t have come here.” 

Edited by Mark F

The only fear he probably has is whittling his base down to the really obvious deplorables.   Once that happens, all he is is a crazy alt right bigot with money and the mainstream will ignore him.  His concern over Porter is losing women voters.  He really cant afford to lose anyone since he won 1) barely 2) with help from Russia. 

Official Trump White House Communication Strategy

1.  Just tell lies...no limit on size or scale
2.  If this does not have desired effect - simple tell some more.
3.  If caught lying - just double down, deflect, and just keep presenting "alternative facts"
4.  Repeat #3 incessantly, at top volume 
5. Call the entire story "fake news"
6.  Blame the messenger externally - or some flunky internally 
7.  Blame FBI
8.  Blame Hillary or Obama
9.  Blame media
10.  Blame immigrants

This Porter story isnt going away and its amazing insight into this Admin.

Recall that when the story first broke, Porter was going to stay on until a replacement was found.  Thats how little the admin cared about the allegations.  Kelly wanted him to stay completely.

When the story blows up, its still Porter quit and was not fired which is really a stunning narrative.  It says "we didnt want him to leave." 

When it became clear the White House knew all along, the finger pointing began.  And this isnt about who's fault it was.  Its about finding a scapegoat who can take the fall and make it all go away.  They dont want to hang that around Kelly because Trump needs him.  Remember, its Kelly who supposedly keeps Trump as close to restrained as possible.  Imagine if Kelly wasnt there?

Sanders does her thing - lie, lie, lie, lie, lie.  But this time, no new scandal comes along to knock the original off the front page.  She blames the FBI, their usual whipping boy.  But the FBI aint taking this one...and says they completed their investigation and provided the info to the White House last year.  Whoops.

So Sanders, now caught in a lie, has to face the press again.  Oh its the fault of bureaucrats at the Personnel office who didnt finish their "process".  She wont say what process since this is another lie but those poor public servants can step to a mic and call the White House liars like the FBI can.   But since that is obviously a lie, the media presses.  Sanders actually begins distancing herself because even this lie is TOO MUCH for Sanders! lol

Now it's White House Counsel's fault because he didnt tell anyone.  But wait, Kelly knew.  So now its partially Kelly's fault.  See what they're doing?  They are so caught that the usual scapegoat isnt good enough.  They now have multiple scapegoats.  Which one will stick? 

All the while Sanders claims Trump abhors domestic violence and supports the victims, she cant say why Trump wont say that himself and meanwhile when Trump does talk he laments how awful it is for Porter.  Good grief.

Remember when a White House scandal was Obama wearing a tan suit?  What a time we live in.  I wonder if this is how it was to live through Nixon...and if Nixon had cable news and social media?

Sanders can lie, nonstop....even with a crooked face.   But yup, when she actually has to start to bail out.....you know it is super bad.    Yesterday....Wray, under oath, simply blew away their latest pseudo narrative.

The irony is that the WH and Trump, themselves.....are keep this thing going....with all this preposterous, crazy spinning.    Triple down.

Edited by do or die

11 minutes ago, do or die said:

Sanders can lie, nonstop....even with a crooked face.   But yup, when she actually has to start to bail out.....you know it is super bad.    Yesterday....Wray, under oath, simply blew away their latest pseudo narrative.

The irony is that the WH and Trump, themselves.....are keep this thing going....with all this preposterous, crazy spinning.    Triple down.

Its so insane too.  Trump could have walked into that press room and simply said he abhors domestic violence.  He could even say "Porter did a great job for us, I liked him very much, but if these allegations are true, he has no place in my White House."  add something nice about victims and voila, its over.  But he cant bring himself to say it.  Its consciousness of guilt.  He cant hang his hat on "believe the women" because to him, its an admission of guilt.

What does his supposed feminist daughter think of all this?  Also, is Hope Hicks still dating Porter?

Just now, bustamente said:

I've said this before on other mass shooting the playbook is Shock, Horror and Anger, people get on the soap box to demand change and nothing gets done, maybe someday they come to their senses.

The GOP playbook will be to condescend to anyone demanding change right now. They will say this is the time for grieving not “politics”. 

They will say don’t use dead kids for political gain. 

Sxrew that. If they don’t ban these rifles right now there is something incredibly deeply disgustingly wrong with the US and every republican should be voted out. 

1 minute ago, bustamente said:

Former FBI guy on CNN who just recently quit said he owned a very similar weapon when he was employed by the FBI and returned it the day he got out, he also said that no civilian needs to own this type of weapon. 

It’s a no brainer.  Hunting rifles and protection pistols aren’t even the topic. These high powered weapons are common sense issue.  Get rid of them. Entirely and completely. And today.