Restaurant/food thread

iHeart

1 hour ago, iHeart said:

HAPPY KRISPY KREME OPENING DAY

Arby's update: don't know if I said this already but Google has it listed as temporarily closed

The signage at the newest BDI.l location is up it's sharing a space with George's Burgers and Subs on Jefferson 

And BP has finished the playoff promotion (hopefully we'll get the 60th b-day menu soon)

IMG_8769.jpg?ex=6672fc03&is=6671aa83&hm=55464e2cfc99e88856f122663e90fe773b4d2f705160bcba49802a9c897b878c&

I was in the area and saw easily over a 100 people lined up outside and the drive thru line snaked all the way down to Sterling Lyon.   I don't get why people would bother doing this when in a few weeks they won't have to wait hours to purchase a generic doughnut.  

On 2024-05-27 at 2:06 PM, Brandon said:

ZR1bU7N.jpeg

I can confirm that Taste of Ukraine in KP is very good.    I had the meat lovers bowl on the left and I was beyond full.    My European wife can confirm that the cabbage rolls are legit and among the better ones she's ever had.       Next time I'll try the potato pancakes and the borscht soup.    

Potato Pancakes...mmmm....sign me up. Now I have to go to my old stomping grounds in Transcona just so I can stop in at KP.

On 2024-06-25 at 9:18 AM, Super Duper Negatron said:

Confirmed: 2-day old Krispy Kreme tastes fresher than "fresh" Tim Hortons donuts.

Tim Hortons uses flash frozen donuts that they re-heat/cook.  Even fresh they still taste stale.       Safeway I find has extremely good donuts.