Restaurant/food thread

iHeart

1 hour ago, iHeart said:

HAPPY KRISPY KREME OPENING DAY

Arby's update: don't know if I said this already but Google has it listed as temporarily closed

The signage at the newest BDI.l location is up it's sharing a space with George's Burgers and Subs on Jefferson 

And BP has finished the playoff promotion (hopefully we'll get the 60th b-day menu soon)

IMG_8769.jpg?ex=6672fc03&is=6671aa83&hm=55464e2cfc99e88856f122663e90fe773b4d2f705160bcba49802a9c897b878c&

I was in the area and saw easily over a 100 people lined up outside and the drive thru line snaked all the way down to Sterling Lyon.   I don't get why people would bother doing this when in a few weeks they won't have to wait hours to purchase a generic doughnut.  

On 2024-05-27 at 2:06 PM, Brandon said:

ZR1bU7N.jpeg

I can confirm that Taste of Ukraine in KP is very good.    I had the meat lovers bowl on the left and I was beyond full.    My European wife can confirm that the cabbage rolls are legit and among the better ones she's ever had.       Next time I'll try the potato pancakes and the borscht soup.    

Potato Pancakes...mmmm....sign me up. Now I have to go to my old stomping grounds in Transcona just so I can stop in at KP.

23 hours ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

Confirmed: 2-day old Krispy Kreme tastes fresher than "fresh" Tim Hortons donuts.

Its the potato! The secret word is their donuts contain potato to some degree. The starch helps add moisture.

On 2024-06-25 at 9:18 AM, Super Duper Negatron said:

Confirmed: 2-day old Krispy Kreme tastes fresher than "fresh" Tim Hortons donuts.

Tim Hortons uses flash frozen donuts that they re-heat/cook.  Even fresh they still taste stale.       Safeway I find has extremely good donuts.  

• 2 weeks later...

We are thrilled to announce that @barceloscanada is now at Seasons in Winnipeg!

Barcelos flame-grilled chicken is marinated to perfection with their unique blend of authentic Portuguese spices. Whether you're craving something mild or bold, Barcelos has flavors to satisfy every palate!

Come and experience this exciting new dining option. We can't wait to see you there!

VIEW FULL MENU: www.barceloscanada.ca

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

We ordered from Pancho & Lefty's which is mexican food and it was above average.    The tacos and Mexican street corn were really tasty and the prices were reasonable.     It's located on Watt street near Nairn Ave and I believe they only do take-out and delivery  (we did delivery).      The pic below from their site is accurate with what we received.   

BSCtI7z.png

Krispy Kreme has been open almost a month and it still gets lineups like not out the door lineups but boy was the wait in line long but so worth watching the process of the donuts being made

Well, finally got to Firehouse Subs yesterday. My verdict, if subway was not dead to me before, they are now, and it was really good but not Jersey Mike's good. I had the one with turkey, ham and bacon, I think it was the honey ham I found a little sweet for me.

On 2024-07-10 at 11:48 AM, iHeart said:

Krispy Kreme has been open almost a month and it still gets lineups like not out the door lineups but boy was the wait in line long but so worth watching the process of the donuts being made

https://forums.redflagdeals.com/krispy-kreme-buy-1-dozen-regular-price-16-17-donuts-get-1-dozen-87-cents-july-12th-limit-2-2701783/

• 3 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, GCJenks said:

Thanks for sharing, this one has GF pancakes and waffles so I am more interested than in some others. Looking forward to visiting the Madison Square location.

I'm surprised that they have two locations planned already