Restaurant/food thread

iHeart

1 minute ago, iHeart said:

Speaking of Breakfast Restaurants the Original Pancake House has closed at the Forks but a new location is opening on Taylor

I thought Taylor was replacing Polo Park/Clarion. I guess consolidating the two of them and saying FU to all of WPG but the South West side.

On 2024-07-10 at 1:50 PM, itchy said:

Well, finally got to Firehouse Subs yesterday. My verdict, if subway was not dead to me before, they are now, and it was really good but not Jersey Mike's good. I had the one with turkey, ham and bacon, I think it was the honey ham I found a little sweet for me.

I tried it on Monday. Same sub you had, (wish I would have read this earlier) with the honey ham. Way too sweet, ruined my sandwich. My first and probably last time I go there. I wasn't impressed at all. It wasn't awful, but it was nothing special either. Not worth the extra miles, extra $, and wait time to me.

2 hours ago, GCn20 said:

I tried it on Monday. Same sub you had, (wish I would have read this earlier) with the honey ham. Way too sweet, ruined my sandwich. My first and probably last time I go there. I wasn't impressed at all. It wasn't awful, but it was nothing special either. Not worth the extra miles, extra $, and wait time to me.

Their Meatball sub is sublime.

On 2024-08-02 at 11:53 AM, Bubba Zanetti said:

Their Meatball sub is sublime.

Cool...if I decide to give them another try I will try one. Just was not at all impressed with the one I ordered. Shouldn't paint them all as bad I guess. Should have went with the Montreal smoked meat....one can never go wrong with Pastrami. That honey ham is sweet to the point of gross though, I will never order another sandwich there with it on. I did enjoy the portion size of meat though, and the bun was pretty good.

Edited by GCn20

Posted (edited)

Dear Duncan Hines, please sell your mixes in Canadian Stores because I could only get the Dolly Parton mixes at White Picket Fence (and maybe Macgarvies they had Dolly Frosting last time I went) yeah we can only get the mixes at import places

No photo description available.

Edited by iHeart

I tried a variety of Krispy Kreme donuts today.  I don't see the hype,  the donuts all tasted the same to me.  All I could taste was excessive sugar and nothing more.     I'd rank them barely above Tim Hortons but significantly lower then Oh Doughnuts,  Grand Donuts,  or donuts from Safeway.   

33 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I tried a variety of Krispy Kreme donuts today.  I don't see the hype,  the donuts all tasted the same to me.  All I could taste was excessive sugar and nothing more.     I'd rank them barely above Tim Hortons but significantly lower then Oh Doughnuts,  Grand Donuts,  or donuts from Safeway.   

but worth it to go in and watch them get made even if the lineups are long....btw was the lineup long there?

2 hours ago, Brandon said:

I see you're still in fine form.  Do you like any doughnuts at all?

21 hours ago, Brandon said:

YARN | That's just... That's crazy talk. | Scrubs (2001) - S01E24 Drama |  Video clips by quotes | ef535af2 | 紗

18 hours ago, Brandon said:

If only I wrote three places that I found better then Krispy Kreme... if only.         

I still have to see what the hype is myself......but I'm not a donut fan.

1 hour ago, JCon said:

@CodyT do you have any trucks up in Dauphin for the summer games?

I'm currently in North Battleford ha. Quite the place. Dauphin is my home town though, we do visit there with the trucks once or twice a year

Basically we work Manitobs may and June and then head west for July Aug and Sept 

Have a good time :)

On 2024-08-13 at 7:37 PM, CodyT said:

I'm currently in North Battleford ha. Quite the place. Dauphin is my home town though, we do visit there with the trucks once or twice a year

Basically we work Manitobs may and June and then head west for July Aug and Sept 

Cool. Yes, I was up there to watch my son play baseball in the games and there were a bunch of carts. I wondered if any were yours. 

I lived in NB for 3 years. Yeah, an interesting place. 

On 2024-08-13 at 7:37 PM, CodyT said:

What food trucks do you have?  Will need to keep an eye out for you next summer.

17 hours ago, Sard said:

What food trucks do you have?  Will need to keep an eye out for you next summer.

Hey, I've got 2 mini donut and lemonade trailers

And this year I purchased a third called "Dam Fine Deep Fried"

It sells, hand dipped corndogs, deep fried cheese curds, deep fried cheese cake, creos, chocolate bars, and of course fries and poutine

Edited by CodyT