Restaurant/food thread

iHeart

Posted (edited)

Olive Garden doesn't have Calzones or Gnocchi on it's own or whatever those Budda Boomers are but they look good

even if East Side Marios does come here guess where they'll put it

Edited by iHeart

https://www.winnipegfreepress.com/business/2024/08/20/skipthedishes-delivering-layoffs

The company announced Tuesday morning that 100 corporate employees and 700 operations employees will be let go. It is expected a significant number of the layoffs will be from its Winnipeg workforce.

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

Sigh Murphy's law kept me from getting spray cheese from Macgarvie's (staffing issues) and yes I aware that they might be expensive even for a single can but have you looked at the prices on Amazon? Pretty stupid

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

This might be a dumb question, but what on earth does one even use spray cheese for?

Like a condiment or to use on crackers but I said this about Popeyes chicken before and I'll say it again but about the cheeses: I want to form my own opinion about certain food items. And I've also said if I buy it try it but don't like it or aren't satisfied then I won't buy it again I want to try this at least once.

Right now I feel like Rick Sanchez regarding that stupid sauce (yes I did try it, it's alright but not really worth throwing tantrums over)

Edited by iHeart

2 hours ago, iHeart said:

Like a condiment or to use on crackers but I said this about Popeyes chicken before and I'll say it again but about the cheeses: I want to form my own opinion about certain food items. And I've also said if I buy it try it but don't like it or aren't satisfied then I won't buy it again I want to try this at least once.

Right now I feel like Rick Sanchez regarding that stupid sauce (yes I did try it, it's alright but not really worth throwing tantrums over)

One of my co workers is in love with spray cheese and whenever anyone does a trip down to Grand Forks/Fargo he always places his order.    For him it's like crack and he cannot get enough.    

On it's own with nothing else it would be gross.     On a ritz cracker with a piece of sausage and a pickle it makes for a nice combo.   It has a weird texture that is hard to explain,   I'd say a more gooey mousse?      Taste wise it's very mild , so it  will not over power the other food that it is on.   I'd best compare it to other fake cheeses like Cheese Wiz.   

My only recommendation is to avoid the bacon and cheese flavoured spray cheese,  when my co worker brought that to work it tasted like pure liquid smoke and the after taste took forever to go away.   It was gross.  

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Brandon said:

One of my co workers is in love with spray cheese and whenever anyone does a trip down to Grand Forks/Fargo he always places his order.    For him it's like crack and he cannot get enough.    

On it's own with nothing else it would be gross.     On a ritz cracker with a piece of sausage and a pickle it makes for a nice combo.   It has a weird texture that is hard to explain,   I'd say a more gooey mousse?      Taste wise it's very mild , so it  will not over power the other food that it is on.   I'd best compare it to other fake cheeses like Cheese Wiz.   

My only recommendation is to avoid the bacon and cheese flavoured spray cheese,  when my co worker brought that to work it tasted like pure liquid smoke and the after taste took forever to go away.   It was gross.  

I actually did look up what it tastes like and google told me it tasted like Macaroni and Cheese....Cheese Wiz is the answer I was hoping that it WOULDN'T be (the taste of it just doesn't age well)

Edited by iHeart

4 hours ago, iHeart said:

I actually did look up what it tastes like and google told me it tasted like Macaroni and Cheese....Cheese Wiz is the answer I was hoping that it WOULDN'T be (the taste of it just doesn't age well)

When I first had it,  it reminded me of when I was a kid and in our house we only had fake cheeses like kraft singles,  velveeta cheese,  and those lunch snacks with the crackers and cheese sauce that came with a red stick to smear the cheese.     If you like those kinds of things then you will like the spray cheese.      It's also fun to shoot out of the can,  it's like whipped cream but cheese.  

Edited by Brandon

Posted (edited)

Even when I was a child I never liked the taste of Kraft singles on it's own (they're better off on sandwiches and burgers and all that.  Did briefly experiment with velveeta but I stopped because they set too fast (like stopped being gooey or runny or melty or whatever the term is)

speaking of cheese, why the hell would KFC introduce a Chicken sandwich with KD in it (don't get me wrong I think KD is a great choice for a condiment I've had it on hot dogs) but I already dismissed the KFC Chicken sandwich back in April because I felt the slab of meat felt fake and a little too hard

Edited by iHeart

On 2024-03-20 at 6:45 PM, iHeart said:

oh not fair, it's nutella time at Tim Hortons.....and not here in some select US locations

well this comment aged well we do have nutella season here now (I didn't feel like doing it at Tim's in Selkirk yesterday I was too PO'd)

Posted (edited)
On 2024-08-22 at 7:08 AM, iHeart said:

Even when I was a child I never liked the taste of Kraft singles on it's own (they're better off on sandwiches and burgers and all that.  Did briefly experiment with velveeta but I stopped because they set too fast (like stopped being gooey or runny or melty or whatever the term is)

speaking of cheese, why the hell would KFC introduce a Chicken sandwich with KD in it (don't get me wrong I think KD is a great choice for a condiment I've had it on hot dogs) but I already dismissed the KFC Chicken sandwich back in April because I felt the slab of meat felt fake and a little too hard

Well I just tried the sandwich and I have found out why they are doing this with KD, apparently they are putting out a KD with KFC seasoning in it

I think they used a different type of chicken slab for this though 

Edited by iHeart