Restaurant/food thread

iHeart

6 hours ago, Brandon said:

456323591_519475587129353_37172561129113

Looks like Wendy's is coming back to Henderson Hwy after a 20 year absence.    It looks like they are redoing the old Triple B's.   

how do you know it's wendy's did you check the permit site?

1 hour ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Tony Roma's closing is still a sore spot. Frack the property owners!

I think a Piano Bar is opening up at that location in the near future.   I remember seeing something online about a non chain restaurant going in.  

On 2024-08-30 at 1:56 PM, Brandon said:

I think a Piano Bar is opening up at that location in the near future.   I remember seeing something online about a non chain restaurant going in.  

Piano bar at Nairn and Panet? That place is going to close before it opens.

13 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Ok I found the Facebook post where I originally read about the new restaurant where someone said it was going to be a classy piano bar.   It's called Belle's Kitchen & Music Hall ,    after google searching it does not really show much outside of another forum mentioning that the name was trademarked by the family that owns Princess Auto.     I could not see anything about it being a Piano Bar,  so maybe it will be a pub with live music?  That would make more sense to me.    I'd be just happy if it was a place that made fresh food and non generic re-heated frozen crap that you get at the chain restaurants.  

Edited by Brandon

On 2024-09-02 at 10:01 PM, Bubba Zanetti said:

“Piano Bar” can have many meanings, they are often my favourite places to visit when travelling for work in the US. Look online for “Louie Louie” Deep Elum Dallas is the best or “Howl at the Moon” Chicago is their best.

Such great performers and always a good time. 

On 2024-08-21 at 2:07 PM, iHeart said:

Sigh Murphy's law kept me from getting spray cheese from Macgarvie's (staffing issues) and yes I aware that they might be expensive even for a single can but have you looked at the prices on Amazon? Pretty stupid

Life has managed to throw me a curve ball this week one that's up ending my normal and yet the powers that be managed to make up for it. Short version iHeart's quest for the spray cheeses has ended....too bad I can't try it til I get home 

Oh and for those are wondering no it's not a serious upending it's moreso that I have to change bus routes....and I got them from Primos Toys at KP (they have a whole room for the imported US snacks) and we better hope to god that I don't like them because those cost money (yeah I know I was warned by GCJenks and Brandon but I want to form my own opinion oh btw they're 14 bucks each here)

Oh and Junxion has deep fried cheese curds now (no I didn't put that stuff on them I made it clear I would wait til I get home and I may have to wait til tomorrow even)

May be an image of text

Edited by iHeart

well I cracked open the Cheddar spray and it's exactly what I feared it does taste like cheese whiz, I was hoping it would be more like whatever dehydrated stuff was in the Ritz sandwiches

I'll crack open the American one next time dad makes hot dogs, in the meantime I'm stuck with this stuff for awhile (I'm not going to waste food I'm going to finish it off somehow) I really do question why hasn't craft done their own Cheese whiz in a squeezable bottle

Edited by iHeart

11 hours ago, iHeart said:

I'll crack open the American one next time dad makes hot dogs, in the meantime I'm stuck with this stuff for awhile (I'm not going to waste food I'm going to finish it off somehow) I really do question why hasn't craft done their own Cheese whiz in a squeezable bottle

I assume because most people cook with cheese whiz and very few people use it as a condiment?    I've only seen it being used in low quality queso dips,  perogies,  and old people casseroles.  I don't think anyone under 60 buys Cheese Whiz anymore?  

9 hours ago, Brandon said:

I assume because most people cook with cheese whiz and very few people use it as a condiment?    I've only seen it being used in low quality queso dips,  perogies,  and old people casseroles.  I don't think anyone under 60 buys Cheese Whiz anymore?  

that's true I do know they once put out a line up microwaveable sauces (the commercial is out there to prove it)

well today was my last day at the school I had been working at for the last five years (the board office decided that a different school in the division needed me more than my now old school did) and my co-workers surprised me with Krispy Kreme....which btw is way out of the way of the school division

No description available.

Edited by iHeart