The Winnipeg Thread

FrostyWinnipeg

9 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Isn't the rumour that the one on Watt is getting turned into apartments?

I used to go to the one on Talbot all the time but that was the late 90s so ten years ago.

The late 90s is 20+ years ago 😞

15 hours ago, MOBomberFan said:

https://globalnews.ca/news/6146563/7-eleven-in-winnipegs-core-to-close-citing-surge-in-brazen-thefts/

A five year old article about the 7-11 on Wiliam closing due to a sharp increase of thefts committed by 9 and 10 year olds. Nobody has moved in to the building since, I drive past every day. Just boards over windows of a gutted building. I've accepted that an arsonist will likely burn it down before another business moves in.

Makes me sad 😔 imagine not having a sev nearby as a kid. Partially dethawed freezies in a cup will be a poor substitute

Is that the one on the corner of princess and Willam?

18 minutes ago, Wanna-B-Fanboy said:

Is that the one on the corner of princess and Willam?

No, William and Isabel but funny enough I googled Pincess and William out of curiosity and of course just got a bunch of pictures of the royals and nothing to do with this topic

6 hours ago, iHeart said:

it's the one that was near Chicken Delight right? it was still open I think before COVID

Yep that's the one, they closed for good in November 2019, it's a shame but I can hardly blame them.

There is one convenience store I pass often, Westhome Foods on Wellington Ave just East of Arlington, they had their windows smashed two or three times this summer before finally installing metal shutters. Many corner stores must lock their doors and force customers to buzz in. Rough out here for people selling chips and cigarettes. Angry health-nuts are surely to blame!

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

something-going-down-at-polo-v0-aenrurk7v8od1.jpeg?width=922&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=b56f3bd97d00d4d7709eaf47d332398d793d961e

Kildonan Place is getting the same way sadly.   Gun violence,  druggies leaving needles in the family bathroom,   lots of homeless drunks pestering people,  kids getting jumped...  it wasn't like that 20 years ago (despite JCON insisting it was).  

13 hours ago, Brandon said:

Kildonan Place is getting the same way sadly.   Gun violence,  druggies leaving needles in the family bathroom,   lots of homeless drunks pestering people,  kids getting jumped...  it wasn't like that 20 years ago (despite JCON insisting it was).  

Speaking of KP they are taking forever moving the food section closer to theatre.

3 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

ScreenHunter_112+Mar.+13+22.09.jpg

Click for bigger image. Makes sense that they completely take out old theatre.

The plan wasn't to move the food court to be closer to the new theatre.  The plan was to expand it north/northwest, using the space from the old theatre.

In this picture, green is the existing layout and pink is the proposed layout (the old theatre is essentially under the "C" in Food Court.  

KP.jpg

2 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

The plan wasn't to move the food court to be closer to the new theatre.  The plan was to expand it north/northwest, using the space from the old theatre.

In this picture, green is the existing layout and pink is the proposed layout (the old theatre is essentially under the "C" in Food Court.  

KP.jpg

Nope! Pink is the existing.

Google maps satellite view.

7 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

KP.jpg

they kind of look like stacked diamonds almost like an hourglass

6 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Rumours are circle K is looking to purchase 711 and turn them into circle Ks. The one on watt is boarded up. The one on Talbot I haven’t driven by in a long time so no idea. 

I went down that area today I think it's still open the gas prices are still lit up

23 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Rumours are circle K is looking to purchase 711 and turn them into circle Ks. The one on watt is boarded up. The one on Talbot I haven’t driven by in a long time so no idea. 

There was an offer a few weeks ago that was turned down. 

https://globalnews.ca/news/10740297/couche-****-disappointed-7-eleven-owner-bid/

I heard about it on Sirius XM and thought it was interesting.  The show I was listening to is based in New York and they mentioned that many 7-11's in the area had been closing the last few years so it's not just a Winnipeg thing.

Edited by bigg jay
Added link

5 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

There was an offer a few weeks ago that was turned down. 

https://globalnews.ca/news/10740297/couche-****-disappointed-7-eleven-owner-bid/

I heard about it on Sirius XM and thought it was interesting.  The show I was listening to is based in New York and they mentioned that many 7-11's in the area had been closing the last few years so it's not just a Winnipeg thing.

I bet they take another run at it.