Random Jets News

On 2024-05-27 at 10:39 PM, kelownabomberfan said:

not sure what this means.

My response was a joke referencing how Davydov and Ehlers are so similar in their playing style.

Ehlers was our best player that series. course 55/29 were out but Ehlers was all-around beast mode.

1 hour ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Ehlers was our best player that series. course 55/29 were out but Ehlers was all-around beast mode.

You are misremembering. 

Nikolaj Ehlers has 4 goals, 10 assists and a plus-minus of -9 in 37 games in the playoffs in his career.  14 points in 37 games. In no way did he ever go beast mode in any playoff game.  He’s one of the playoff problems. When the games get tough he folds. To put this into perspective here’s Scheifele 

Mark Scheifele has 21 goals, 17 assists and a plus-minus of -2 in 42 games in the playoffs in his career.

Edited by Goalie

2 hours ago, Goalie said:

You are misremembering. 

Nikolaj Ehlers has 4 goals, 10 assists and a plus-minus of -9 in 37 games in the playoffs in his career.  14 points in 37 games. In no way did he ever go beast mode in any playoff game.  He’s one of the playoff problems. When the games get tough he folds. To put this into perspective here’s Scheifele 

Mark Scheifele has 21 goals, 17 assists and a plus-minus of -2 in 42 games in the playoffs in his career.

Back in the day you'd slide in a big bodied physical linemate to help free-up some room for highly skilled slick with the puck players in open spaces like NE and KC.

The problem is the space they had in the regular season is perfect for their skill sets until the playoffs arrive then that space is cut in half and they struggle with adapting.

Having a guy on you a half a second quicker than what you're use to is huge.

Islanders with Roy as coach could be a destination. Maybe Ryan Pulock. Utah is the other interesting destination. Tons of prospects and picks. I’m wondering if they would take a pionk for a couple of their 1500 2nd rd picks also. 

Edited by Goalie

2 hours ago, bustamente said:

I think if Ehlers is traded in return we will get a solid but unspectacular player in return, hopefully on D especially if we lose both DeMelo and Dillon.

Maybe for a player (D or F) of similar value who is looking for a change himself.

5 hours ago, bustamente said:

I think if Ehlers is traded in return we will get a solid but unspectacular player in return, hopefully on D especially if we lose both DeMelo and Dillon.

Who wants DeMelo? Who other then Winnipeg wants undersized D?

13 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Who wants DeMelo? Who other then Winnipeg wants undersized D?

He’s a good defensive d man. Him and ville would prob be a good pairing honestly. Demelo just shouldn’t be playing with Josh. Someone better should be and perhaps that’s where the Ehlers trade comes in or they feel Salomonsson is ready. He might be. Dudes a legit top 4 

Ehlers has a 10 team no trade clause and I am betting that Utah is one of those teams.

I like the Ehlers for Pulock rumor.

As far as DeMelo goes, if he isn't signed by the time free agency gets here, there'll be numerous teams talking to him and at the front of the line will probably be TO.

JMo Pulock would be a great first pairing.

Buy out Schmidt and you could have 

Samberg Salomosson (Pionk if he isn't traded) as 2nd pair and 

Ville DeMelo as 3rd pairing, but getting more than 12 minutes a game.

• 2 weeks later...

Arniel names Dean Chynowath and Davis Payne assistants. 

dean ran the leafs pk last year and prior ran an aggressive Carolina pk that was ranked 2. 

payne was recently with Ottawa. He ran the power play it looks like. Ottawas pp much better than ours. 

both these moves are solid hires. Now it’s time for Chevy to get to work. 

I also think people might be disappointed in what we get in return for Ehlers. I don’t think he’s getting us a top 4 D man, it’s possible I guess, I didn’t think Dubois would get Vilardi Iafallo kupari and 2nd rd pick either tho so who knows but I feel they would be happy with a prospect D ready to make the jump and draft picks. 

reality is we got a ton of prospect forwards. Only really salo and ville on D. 

other option is Carolina for Necas straight up but don’t think so. Carolina likes Ehlers. I’m not sure Necas makes sense tho. He’s not really a center, he wants to be one but he’s not. 

im curious if Lindholm might be an option they go after if he doesn’t sign in Vancouver. Cuz sure sounds like Monahan going UFA. 

But if 3 of your top 6 are Perfetti Monahan and Vilardi and your other 3 are Connor Scheifele lambert. You have 3 very quick players and 3 very slow ones. Not sure that’s a recipe for playoff success. 

Edited by Goalie

I think Ehlers has value to a Carolina or islanders with Roy who coached in the Q so understands perhaps a bit. I’m just not sure what it is. 

rumours are 7 teams have talked to the jets about Ehlers 

Boston Carolina islanders Seattle are intriguing. Nashville is surprising. 2 more who prob don’t got what we want.