Random Jets News

2 hours ago, IC Khari said:

Sorry I watched this and thought it was a joke 😉

We were right there with Dillion and Monahan! Maybe 3 months too late but we were right there...

3 hours ago, Goalie said:

Over reacting is fun but. 

Without Monahan: 30-12-5 (0.691 points %)

With Monahan: 22-12-1 (0.643 points %)

it’s not as big of a loss as people think. 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTJgqnWNnm_2Ec6GbGcfwe

https://www.nhltraderumor.com/sabres-jets-trade-rumor-tuch-ehlers-iafallo/

POTENTIAL BLOCKBUSTER TRADE: ALEX TUCH FOR NIKOLAJ EHLERS AND ALEX IAFALLO

The proposed trade would see the Sabres parting ways with Alex Tuch, who carries a cap hit of $4.75 million and a 2025 second-round draft pick. In return, the Jets would send Nikolaj Ehlers, with a cap hit of $6 million, and Alex Iafallo, with a cap hit of $4 million, to Buffalo. This trade would have significant implications for both teams’ rosters and salary caps.

Sure. Whatever. I guess should have given Monahan 6 million eventho in his presser with Columbus he said they just had a baby a month ago and wants to be closer to home where his parents could drive in from easier and Is also best friends with Gaudreau. Should have given Toffoli 6.5 million x 4 instead of 6 x 4 with San Jose. Or given 33 year old Dillon an extension and ran it back and lose in round 1 again.  Then complain that guys like Rutger wants out or heinola or lambert and chibrikov not getting a chance

Ehlers and Iafallo for Cozens. 

Or for Savoie or and Benson plus Kulich and draft picks. 

for tuch straight up ? A winger? Makes no sense. 

Edited by Goalie

Not sure how reliable that source is, but I don;t mind that deal.  Tuch at 6/4 220, is made for playoff truculence, just hasn't had a chance to participate in it.  28 years old with 1 year to UFA.  Same situation as Ehlers.  Call that a straight up swap, Iafallo for a 2nd is more than fair value.  It's almost a cap dump as he was playing 4th line in the playoffs at a $4M price tag and doesn't have the greatest foot speed.

Not sure why Buffalo would be interested, They have one of the smallest forward prospect pools (height-wise) and Ehlers is another smaller, slight framed forward, while Tuch is a Buffalo-area native.

4 minutes ago, Goalie said:

You can’t force players to sign here. You’d think after 13 years people would realize this. 

If we're going to get better it will have to be from the combination of trades and also brining up some young talent to offset some of the losses.. 

Its been pretty frustrating to watch a team that is supposed to be a draft and develop team never let their young players play. How can we win without taking advantage of entry level deals. 

11 minutes ago, Goalie said:

You can’t force players to sign here. You’d think after 13 years people would realize this. 

I've never read a post here that suggests this but I obviously haven't read all the posts.

41 minutes ago, Goalie said:

To me it’s not about free agency, it’s about the type of players that have been and are continuing to be selected in the draft, trades, and free agency. Smaller, skill, nice guys etc. Where are the big hulking jerks the many previous Stanley Cup champs (particularly Vegas and Florida) have employed? It seems to me the current GM/scouting staff have stubbornly resisted this aspect of championship squads and to the team’s peril IMO. 

Edited by IC Khari

People are criticizing Chevy for not spending money with no cap room to do so. Look at the cap people, the only way our team is changing signficantly is if we are moving pieces out too. Dillon was a cap casualty and there was no way we were signing Monahan unless he came cheap. Why not trade Ehlers and McG and do something with the freed up space? Because teams aren't buyers on the trade market at the opening of FA.  Just a fact. 

3 minutes ago, Goalie said:

I’d have personally taken Chevy out if he gave Montour 7.5 million or Stephenson what he got or 34 yr old Henrique. It’s time for the lamberts and chibrikovs to play. 

We weren't seriously in on these guys. We have 8.75 cap remaining after who we signed (all league min really and completely necessary) and 4 RFAs still left to sign. We maybe have 2-3 million in cap room left. That wasn't going to get Monny or Dillon to stay or Henrique. Everyone beyotching about us signing people with no cap space to do so.

36 minutes ago, IC Khari said:

To me it’s not about free agency, it’s about the type of players that have been and are continuing to be selected in the draft, trades, and free agency. Smaller, skill, nice guys etc. Where are the big hulking jerks the many previous Stanley Cup champs (particularly Vegas and Florida) have employed? It seems to me the current GM/scouting staff have stubbornly resisted this aspect of championship squads and to the team’s peril IMO. 

All of our 3 last 1st round picks are 6'1 minimum and 200+ lbs. 

On 2024-07-01 at 11:43 AM, captaincanuck12 said:

The Jets need to sign somebody. Nashville has just loaded up. Skjei, marchessault and Stamkos.

Rumor is Nashville is also in on Chandler Stevenson. 

We can't. That's the economic/cap space reality.

17 minutes ago, Goalie said:

I’d have personally taken Chevy out if he gave Montour 7.5 million or Stephenson what he got or 34 yr old Henrique. It’s time for the lamberts and chibrikovs to play. 

We are at a point in time where we either have to play guys on rookie/RFA contracts in significant roles or eat crap and try trade away bad contracts for draft capital. Sure we could move an Iafallo, Pionk off bad/semi-bad contracts but we will have to pay teams to take on these contracts. They aren't going to return anything.

3 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

All of our 3 last 1st round picks are 6'1 minimum and 200+ lbs. 

Brad Lambert
Born 19 December 2003 (age 20)
Lahti, Finland
Height 6 ft 0 in (183 cm)
Weight 179 lb (81 kg; 12 st 11 lb)
Position Centre / Right wing
Shoots Right

Colby Barlow
Born February 14, 2005 (age 19)
Orillia, Ontario, Canada
Height 6 ft 1 in (185 cm)
Weight 194 lb (88 kg; 13 st 12 lb)
Position Left wing
Shoots Left
NHL team (P)
Cur. team
Winnipeg Jets
Owen Sound Attack (OHL)
NHL draft 18th overall, 2023
Winnipeg Jets
Playing career 2024–present

Rutger McGroarty
220px-2020-01-19_Ice_hockey_at_the_2020_Winter_Youth_Olympics_%E2%80%93_Men%27s_tournament_%E2%80%93_Preliminary_round_%E2%80%93_Switzerland_vs._USA_%28Martin_Rulsch%29_119.jpg
McGroarty at the 2020 Winter Youth Olympics
Born March 30, 2004 (age 20)
Lincoln, Nebraska, U.S.
Height 6 ft 1 in (185 cm)
Weight 205 lb (93 kg; 14 st 9 lb)
Position Left wing/Center
Shoots Left
NCAA team University of Michigan
NHL draft 14th overall, 2022
Winnipeg Jets

Close 😛