NHL team (P)
Cur. team
Winnipeg Jets
Owen Sound Attack (OHL)
NHL draft 18th overall, 2023
Winnipeg Jets
Playing career 2024–present

Rutger McGroarty
220px-2020-01-19_Ice_hockey_at_the_2020_Winter_Youth_Olympics_%E2%80%93_Men%27s_tournament_%E2%80%93_Preliminary_round_%E2%80%93_Switzerland_vs._USA_%28Martin_Rulsch%29_119.jpg
McGroarty at the 2020 Winter Youth Olympics
Born March 30, 2004 (age 20)
Lincoln, Nebraska, U.S.
Height 6 ft 1 in (185 cm)
Weight 205 lb (93 kg; 14 st 9 lb)
Position Left wing/Center
Shoots Left
NCAA team University of Michigan
NHL draft 14th overall, 2022
Winnipeg Jets

Close 😛

Crap forgot Lambert was a 1st rounder. I was referring to Lucius as part of the group above. At any rate nothing tiny or undersized about any of them. Some real good size really especially Lucius and McG down the middle. That being said I would love for us to plant an oak tree like Nuke in front of opposing goalies like the Avs do.

Edited by GCn20

1 minute ago, Goalie said:

McG is done. Dudes been full of **** since he was drafted. 

As far as hockey skill he’s certainly not done. As far as his decision making I’d chalk that up partly to his youth. He’s still young and unfortunately listening to the wrong people. 

1 hour ago, IC Khari said:

As far as hockey skill he’s certainly not done. As far as his decision making I’d chalk that up partly to his youth. He’s still young and unfortunately listening to the wrong people. 

He’s likely been bs ing since he was drafted tho. In what world do 14th overall picks get a guaranteed spot meanwhile you got a guy like https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/574821/max-namestnikov

at developmental camp trying to make an impression and a couple other undrafted guys. I just thought max is most interesting since it’s Vlads brother. 

Edited by Goalie

Interesting note about Rutger. If the jets don’t trade him and he goes ufa in 2 years lol, jets will get the 45th overall pick in that draft as compensation so minimum he brings back is a 2nd rd pick. 

I also think guys leaving but really only Dillon and bro were here all year of the guys who left, but I think Chevy needs to keep our 1sts. Not saying 26th overall would get you a game changer but since we don’t sign UFAs (perception is reality, when guys get here tho, most do stay) you gotta keep the 1sts even if we finish 4th overall unless you got an agreement for an extension in place first. Can’t lose 1sts for guys like Monahan who if he wanted to, could have signed 3 months ago. 

Edited by Goalie

Winnipeg Jets signed Mason Shaw today to a 1 year two way contact. $775,000/$350,000. $425,000 guaranteed.

moose lost a bunch of guys. Here’s a replacement along with JAD and prob Comrie. 

8 hours ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Just throw the Mother F'r in and say okay produce and no excuses if you don't, agree?

Problem is what If he’s not good enough. You can’t guarantee him a spot cuz then if he sucks and you send hIm down then I think he asks for a trade. 

ship sailed last year when the jets didn’t agree to put him on the playoff roster apparently 

15 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Problem is what If he’s not good enough. You can’t guarantee him a spot cuz then if he sucks and you send hIm down then I think he asks for a trade. 

ship sailed last year when the jets didn’t agree to put him on the playoff roster apparently 

Never said guarantee a spot, said okay, you’re in back up your words with action and if you don’t no excuses. If he then asks to be traded cuz he couldn’t produce after been given a fair shot then so be it. The ball was in his court, no excuses.

23 hours ago, iHeart said:

Just now? within the last 3 months? I've been outside walking and my mind is kind of half baked at the moment because of the heat

He asked for a trade a year or 2 ago. 

41 minutes ago, Goalie said:

He asked for a trade a year or 2 ago. 

March 2023 is when that news leaked but there hasn't been anything else about a trade request since then. 

When he signed the one year deal a few months later (in August),  he also said he was looking forward to a clean slate with the club so it looks like he may be ok with whatever the club told him about their future plans for him.  Either that or they've done a much better job keeping things out of the media but that's almost impossible to do if a team is actively shopping a player or if a player really wants out.

8 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

March 2023 is when that news leaked but there hasn't been anything else about a trade request since then. 

When he signed the one year deal a few months later (in August),  he also said he was looking forward to a clean slate with the club so it looks like he may be ok with whatever the club told him about their future plans for him.  Either that or they've done a much better job keeping things out of the media but that's almost impossible to do if a team is actively shopping a player or if a player really wants out.

Perhaps no interest in him around the league changed his mind.