Random Jets News

4 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Perhaps no interest in him around the league changed his mind. 

It was reported that teams were inquiring about him as late as December so I wouldn't say there was no interest.  No interest in the Jets asking price might be more accurate.

1 hour ago, HardCoreBlue said:

That would be hard to believe. Maybe the Jets asking price is a bit hefty to date.

He was a 1st so I could understand the reasoning for wanting a 2nd 

1 hour ago, BomberBall. said:

Weren’t all the accounts on Rutger that he was a high character guy, good teammate, yada, yada?  He may need to fire his reps, because this is a bad look.

My guess is their camp packages it as he's a confident kid who believes in his talent (i.e., needn't compete for a spot), a fierce competitor, wants to win and will go thru a wall for his teammates.

I say in this particular case call him on it, take a swing with him and if he doesn't produce send him down to the AHL where he can adopt PLD's approach to the world that it isn't him that is the problem it's someone/ something else's doing as to to why he didn't produce.

There is great risk in giving him a roster spot right out of the gate (e.g., how other players in the system will legitimately feel/speak out) but in this case I think this approach with this particular player is needed for a variety of reasons that could benefit the organization longer term.

21 minutes ago, BomberBall. said:

More likely to help the Moose’s PP.

Maybe but we really don't have a weapon on defense for our pp, even Morrissey(who is top notch) does not have a overpowering shot that scares the opponent like say Bouchard in Edm. I think there is a chance this guy could sneak in there, just a hunch.😊

21 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

My guess is their camp packages it as he's a confident kid who believes in his talent (i.e., needn't compete for a spot), a fierce competitor, wants to win and will go thru a wall for his teammates.

I say in this particular case call him on it, take a swing with him and if he doesn't produce send him down to the AHL where he can adopt PLD's approach to the world that it isn't him that is the problem it's someone/ something else's doing as to to why he didn't produce.

There is great risk in giving him a roster spot right out of the gate (e.g., how other players in the system will legitimately feel/speak out) but in this case I think this approach with this particular player is needed for a variety of reasons that could benefit the organization longer term.

Really the hockey culture it's changing, the younger player's are more demanding and it's big bucks. It's all a business now...so McGroarty wants the big bucks now...can't really blame him. He has got leverage and using it.

He has leverage in 2 years. He has none right now. If I’m the gm, I tell him he can go ufa in 2 years. Until then **** off. In what world do mid 1st rd picks have any sort of say. He’s an entitled prick. And if I’m Chevy he can rot and not make nhl money for 2 more years. At this point a 2nd rd pick for losing him is something I’d be good with. 

his buddy gauthier was a top 5 pick. Rutger was taken 14th overall. He ain’t the guy ppl think he is. 

sounds like other gms aren’t a fan of his demands either. Tells me the demands are the problem. 

you know who also had charisma and a personality? We just bought him out. Ppl are fooled by the kids fake personality. 

Edited by Goalie

I think its a win/win in taking a swing on RM.

If he pans out, sometimes you have to go on a hunch/chance depending on the context.

If he doesn't pan out it provides a concrete example for future prospects of why the Jets usually err on the side of development not entitlement.

13 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

I think its a win/win in taking a swing on RM.

If he pans out, sometimes you have to go on a hunch/chance depending on the context.

If he doesn't pan out it provides a concrete example for future prospects of why the Jets usually err on the side of development not entitlement.

I don’t think that’s an option. 

did you hear how Chevy spoke of him? And then of a guy like lambert and chib. 

that relationship is done. It’s over. I’d be shocked if he’s ever a Jet. 

I wouldn't be surprised if he privately thru his agent told the Jets he doesn't want to play in Canada let alone in Winnipeg, this he wants preferential treatment and a spot on the roster could be a smoke screen. Then again I could be way off but something radically change from the day he was drafted and what he said to the Jets this off season.

6 minutes ago, bustamente said:

I wouldn't be surprised if he privately thru his agent told the Jets he doesn't want to play in Canada let alone in Winnipeg, this he wants preferential treatment and a spot on the roster could be a smoke screen. Then again I could be way off but something radically change from the day he was drafted and what he said to the Jets this off season.

Not a bad theory actually. 🙂

Totally off topic but i see Utah signed Iggy 2...are they gonna wait till the season starts for a name or a Jersey? Looks pretty bush when your called the Utah hockey club...lol.

5 minutes ago, bb1 said:

Totally off topic but i see Utah signed Iggy 2...are they gonna wait till the season starts for a name or a Jersey? Looks pretty bush when your called the Utah hockey club...lol.

Apparently they will wait till next year which makes no sense if you are down to just a couple names.

You have to remember Utah didn’t have a team before. It would be like if the Jets didn’t exist before they came back. What would they have been called if we didn’t have a team before. Nobody knows. 

The Rutger stuff is weird. I don’t think it’s about Winnipeg. The reality is he played in Winnipeg tournaments as a kid. His dad is Canadian. It’s about guaranteeing him a roster spot. It’s not about the jets or Winnipeg. It’s about no ahl. I don’t know what to believe anymore. I almost feel like he’s going to sign with us just because the media is so convinced he won’t. 

Edited by Goalie