Random Jets News

6 hours ago, Goalie said:

Fake rumours. 

mcG and 26 2nd to Carolina for Jarvis. 

seriously. That’s a rumor going around. Not gonna lie for Jarvis I’d think Ehlers plus MCG 

Might as well make it Perfetti and Ehlers and McG and even then CAR might consider it.

And now for some funs... https://thehockeynews.com/news/opinion-winnipeg-jets-stalemate-with-rutger-mcgroarty-easily-rectified-just-lie-to-him

14 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Might as well make it Perfetti and Ehlers and McG and even then CAR might consider it.

And now for some funs... https://thehockeynews.com/news/opinion-winnipeg-jets-stalemate-with-rutger-mcgroarty-easily-rectified-just-lie-to-him

There has to be more sensitive details to this RM situation other than 'I want a top six forward position guaranteed, nope you have to earn it' that isn't being shared. 

With what's being held back, all its doing is creating speculation.

Regardless, I don't think RM see's his future in Winnipeg so a deal sooner than later is needed to put an end to this silly distraction.

• 2 weeks later...

Seravelli said Jets and Caps were talking about Connor McMichael trade. He’s a young center 18 goals 15 Apples last year. Think they gonna try to still make a move for a 2 center. But apparently this was around the draft. Not sure if still talking but a name to keep an eye on 

Edited by Goalie

3 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Seravelli said Jets and Caps were talking about Connor McMichael trade. He’s a young center 18 goals 15 Apples last year. Think they gonna try to still make a move for a 2 center. But apparently this was around the draft. Not sure if still talking but a name to keep an eye on 

I'd like him more if his name was David McConnor....

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Never heard much about Yager compared to Mcgroarty but i gotta trust Chevy on this one. Would love the Jets to win this considering the tough spot Mcgroarty put them in,supposedly gonna sign asap with Pittsburgh. 

I like Yager. Legit centre prospect. This is a solid trade. Jets have a ton of prospect wingers, not many true centers and wouldn’t be shocked if he’s our 2 center to start for a few games anyways as he’s 19. Same draft as Colby Barlow. Not Moose Eligible yet but is signed to ELC. 

Edited by Goalie

I’m wondering what happens when Pittsburgh eventually sends him to the A. He’s not a top 5 guy like Gauthier or Lindros for that matter. Lots of ppl think Mcg  should have been drafted where lambert was and vice versa. If you go look at top 20 even top 30 in his draft, he wasn’t there. I like that they say Yager has a big shot or a Yager Bomb.  I’d say he’s got Matt Barzal but better defensively upside. 

Edited by Goalie

Odd that Rutger’s character went from solid team guy, captain type to an issue…. It’s probably not as bad as the public perception.  Maybe just an overly aggressive agent pumping his tires too much.  Whatever, Chevy seems to have done a good job here.  We can use some center help.

general manager Kevin Cheveldayoff confirmed Thursday that Rutger McGroarty's agent informed him at the NHL draft combine in June that the star prospect "didn't intend to sign" with the Jets.

"That's the first inkling that we got, there was nothing that was going to come to fruition there," Cheveldayoff said. "We sat down and asked the agent why and he didn't have an answer, he didn't have a reason. ... he just said he just didn't feel right, it started in development camp where he just didn't feel right.

My take. He didn’t see an instant path to the nhl here. If it started at development camp then must mean he saw all the other talent and thought he didn’t have a spot guaranteed to him. Entitlement is real 

Edited by Goalie

1 hour ago, BomberBall. said:

Odd that Rutger’s character went from solid team guy, captain type to an issue…. It’s probably not as bad as the public perception.  Maybe just an overly aggressive agent pumping his tires too much.  Whatever, Chevy seems to have done a good job here.  We can use some center help.

Not sure it's an agent thing.  Sounds like the agent was just as in the dark as the Jets were.

“I sat down and asked the agent why — he said he didn’t have an answer. He didn’t have a reason,” said Cheveldayoff.

“I went through a litany of questions to the agent to see, was it player development, was it that we didn’t burn a year (by signing him this past spring and getting him in a game)? He says, nope, no, no. He just said he just didn’t feel right. I said, well, I guess I would just like to have an answer.”

Cheveldayoff ultimately got a face-to-face with McGroarty and said he came away without any further clarity.  

“He said that when he got to development camp here (in 2023) he put the jersey on, it became real and it just didn’t feel right at that time, and it culminated with that,” said Cheveldayoff.

“So again, if there’s a specific reason, Rutger hasn’t told us.”

5 hours ago, BomberBall. said:

By all accounts, he's a fantastic teammate and leader. No reason to believe otherwise.