Random Jets News

It wouldn’t surprise me to see Winnipeg trade Ehlers after July 1 but I feel the draft is the ideal time if you want a 1st this year. Rental Ehlers = 1st plus prospect at deadline. With 1 year left I’d guess 2 1st plus prospect type or a 1 for 1 like say Ottawa for Chychrun or maybe Chabot. 

1 hour ago, Goalie said:

Who cares. He’s a guy who thinks he should be gifted a spot on a 110 point team I’d trade him also for more than he’s worth. Dudes skating isn’t up to snuff in the nhl. You can’t gift him a top 6 spot. 

We're all trading him for the #4 pick right?

6 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

We're all trading him for the #4 pick right?

Why? I’d imagine similar to the Philly trade of cutter gauthier. I’d imagine like a David jiricek (rhd) from Columbus straight up for Rutger works 

We also need to realize that if we listened to the insiders last year 55 and 37 would be elsewhere so I’ll use a statement that Friedman uses lots, I THINK he’s sometimes full of ****. 

apparently the crux of the Rutger situation is he wants to be guaranteed a spot. I’m not sure there. I don’t think his skating is nhl ready, he’s similar to Perfetti but grittier but skating isn’t the strong suit. 

jets need to add speed to their roster. You already have Perfetti and Vilardi and maybe the ultra slow Monahan (still think someone will overpay him) how is adding the slower Rutger improve the speed when u also likely trading your fastest best skater in Ehlers. 

Rutger plus Ehlers plus Stanley to Columbus for Jiricek plus. Maybe pick 4. Columbus seems to want to make a statement 

Edited by Goalie

I would not mind losing Perfetti for a 1st and 3rd, McGroarty first he says the Jets were treating him like Gold now he wants a job handed to him? These young guys are changing the NHL and it is not good for a small market team.😔

43 minutes ago, iHeart said:

I thought he was committing himself to another year at UofMichigan

No supposedly he is now being shopped, according to Friedman...wants to play in the NHL right away...

8 hours ago, Goalie said:

Part of draft and development is the development part. Rutger shouldn’t be handed a spot. 

And part of being a professional franchise in this day and age is realizing that you need to take some swings.

We overbake our prospects in the AHL and have them on a tight leash if they ever do get here and it’s no surprise that young guys are starting to wake up to it. This isn’t an ideal place to go if you want to have a chance at cracking a roster as a young player.

We’re in a window of time with our core, why not give guys like RMG a shot early on and see if they can surprise us? 

On 2024-06-22 at 11:21 PM, Mike said:

And part of being a professional franchise in this day and age is realizing that you need to take some swings.

We overbake our prospects in the AHL and have them on a tight leash if they ever do get here and it’s no surprise that young guys are starting to wake up to it. This isn’t an ideal place to go if you want to have a chance at cracking a roster as a young player.

We’re in a window of time with our core, why not give guys like RMG a shot early on and see if they can surprise us? 

But Mason Appleton! Checking line!!!!

On 2024-06-22 at 10:21 PM, Mike said:

Yup, key word some. Bake some prospects in the AHL while swinging with others.

This does not need to be an either or situation (i.e., make sure they are fully baked in the AHL or take a swing and see what they got at the NHL level).

It can be a blend of both.