Random Jets News

6 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Or trade from a position of strength aka winger to get a d man prospect like Jirichek in Columbus. 

Sure but the real point here is what we are doing with our draft prospects and how many swings if any we are taking to minimize overbaking some of our draft prospects in the AHL to paraphrase @Mike

I am no Chevy fan but to suggest he purposely over bakes his draft choices is lame. It is the coaches who decide who plays, i just don't see Chevy overreaching his authority that way. If the young guys can play,they do. Heinola was never ready physically to make in the NHL and Perfetti as well has had major injury problems and trouble physically in the NHL. 

Yes. There often seems like a disconnect between the gm/development part and the coach who wants to win. There’s really no prospect that didn’t spend time in the A not named 55 27 or laine. Connor spent some games there. Perfetti did. Lambo and chib have a year there. Believe copp played there also unless he’s the one guy who didn’t who prob should have. Could Rutger play in the top 6 right now? Maybe if we were rebuilding but we aren’t. I don’t think he should jump lambert or chibrikov who looked great in their game last season so where’s the spot. Here’s a projected roster with adding youth and moving out Ehlers and a few D. 

Helle 

RHD prob gonna be pionk demelo and FA. Salomonnson will be ready to take a spot mid season tho. Think they buy out or trade Schmidt. Should know soon there. Buyout window starts 48 hrs after cup final. 

LHD morrissey samberg heinola. Possibly Stanley as the extra.  Not sure there. 

I’ll try to balance these lines here adding youth 

Perfetti Scheifele Vilardi ( 55 and Cole train together  it’s a strong fit ) 

Connor  Necas(Ehlers trade) Lambert 

Nino Names Chibrikov (really hope for this. Makes them 3 strong lines 

and your checking line / Lowry line  

Barron Lowry Appleton(If Rutger was willing to play checking line role, be the scorer on that line, Appleton gets dealt for a 5th rd pick in 2045 

4 hours ago, bb1 said:

I am no Chevy fan but to suggest he purposely over bakes his draft choices is lame. It is the coaches who decide who plays, i just don't see Chevy overreaching his authority that way. If the young guys can play,they do. Heinola was never ready physically to make in the NHL and Perfetti as well has had major injury problems and trouble physically in the NHL. 

Did anyone once say “Chevy”?