Random Jets News

Surprised it’s not 1 year. Jets have about 30 million in cap after this season. So you’d think long term would be easier then but.. 2 it is. I’m good with this. If we being real with Cole, he’s had some good stretches and some bad ones 

there’s still a ton of RFAs not signed.  Swayman being a major one. 

Edited by Goalie

On 2024-09-20 at 2:09 PM, BomberBall. said:

Man, that sucks for Ville.  Kid can’t catch a break.

I had ankle surgery in 2015 & developed a bone infection 3 weeks after going under the knife. An operation that was supposed to take 4 months to completely heal kept me off work for 16 months & bedridden for 12. Absolutely no weight bearing was allowed. My home became a prison. The infection flared up 4 times over those 16 months & I was hospitalized for a week each time as they drained the swelling & gave me these powerful intravenous antibiotics to kill the bacteria. It got to the point where they were considering amputating my leg below the knee. Luckily, that never happened. However, if I was a pro hockey player like Heinola, my career would have been over. 

6 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I had ankle surgery in 2015 & developed a bone infection 3 weeks after going under the knife. An operation that was supposed to take 4 months to completely heal kept me off work for 16 months & bedridden for 12. Absolutely no weight bearing was allowed. My home became a prison. The infection flared up 4 times over those 16 months & I was hospitalized for a week each time as they drained the swelling & gave me these powerful intravenous antibiotics to kill the bacteria. It got to the point where they were considering amputating my leg below the knee. Luckily, that never happened. However, if I was a pro hockey player like Heinola, my career would have been over. 

Man, that sounds like a nightmare.  Almost like that Misery movie.  Glad you got through it.

15 hours ago, BomberBall. said:

Man, that sounds like a nightmare.  Almost like that Misery movie.  Glad you got through it.

My foot & ankle are totally screwed. I need a cane for balance to walk. My bones are fused & my foot won't work like it's supposed to work. Without a cane, I walk like I'm drunk & could fall any time without warning. It's particularily scary getting in & out of a bathtub. I can't run or jump anymore. When I think of someone like Jeremiah Massoli & what he went through with his foot & ankle injury, same with Ville Heinola, it brings back some baaaad memories.

4 hours ago, bb1 said:

misery.gif

That is closer to the truth than you'll ever know. :(

15 hours ago, BomberBall. said:

Thanks. Appreciate it. 

Kakhonnen put on waivers. Jets save $$$ with this move. Prob hoping he gets claimed. If not his cap hit buried in minors. Leafs apparently shopping liljegren and jets appear to have interest. Could be related 

Edited by Goalie

45 minutes ago, JCon said:

Remind me of the rules now... How long does he have to stay on their roster before they can waive him? 

I think they could waive him in 2 hours or 2 weeks or 2 months. Not quite sure but Edmonton claimed a dude they lost via waivers 3 days ago or so. 

The waiver movement for Raphael Lavoiecontinued on Friday with the Vegas Golden Knights claiming the 24-year-old forward from the Edmonton Oilers.

It marks the sixth straight day Lavoie has either been placed on or claimed off waivers by either the Oilers or Golden Knights.  So says TSN.