Call it what you want … you need to move on from Collaros

Mike

Just now, Super Duper Negatron said:

The part about giving Wilson a try or the part about Strev only having a couple years with his play style?

I don't think Strev is our future, so if we are ready to give up on 2024 I am happy to try developing the next guy.

Just now, JohnnyAbonny said:

Why? 

Both parts. Streveler can absolutely be the future and the guy to go to now. Throw a rookie qb into this cess pool of an offense to what end? Ruin whatever potential he might have? Are we so eager to rush back into the tim Burke era of qb of the week?

2 minutes ago, CrazyCanuck89 said:

Streveler isn't the answer either.  Trade for Tre.

How do we know he’s not. Zach isn’t the answer that’s for sure. The guy who is 1 and 0 as a starter isn’t but the guy who is 1 and 5 with 1 passing TD is? 

Collaros' biggest issue last night was forcing the ball into places when he had open wrs. Protection was good enough, run game wasn't really going....the short passes were there he just didn't want them.

Just now, Goalie said:

How do we know he’s not. Zach isn’t the answer that’s for sure. The guy who is 1 and 0 as a starter isn’t but the guy who is 1 and 5 with 1 passing TD is? 

2 passing tds!!! Thank you very much!! Lol

2 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Both parts. Streveler can absolutely be the future and the guy to go to now. Throw a rookie qb into this cess pool of an offense to what end? Ruin whatever potential he might have? Are we so eager to rush back into the tim Burke era of qb of the week?

Or we could just sit him for 3 years and let him walk..

I didn’t say make Wilson the starter, I said give him some playing time as the backup with Strev starting, maybe give him a game or 2 if Streveler gets banged up. See what he can do currently and if he has enough to be worth keeping around. 

I believe Streveler can be the guy now but how can you call him, or any 30 year old quarterback “The future”? 

I don’t want to go the Tim Burke route, I also don’t want to be the post-Calvillo Als with 30 year old Adrian MacPherson as the hot young prospect. 

18 minutes ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

believe Streveler can be the guy now but how can you call him, or any 30 year old quarterback “The future

Because the future in football is only a matter of a few years... 5 years is an eternity. Streveler doesn't need to be the guy in 2030... just the guy to handle things for a few years until someone else is developed.

8 hours ago, Booch said:

They need to make the hard look at who is not gonna be in the plans ...or shouldn't be in the plans for 2025 and onward now and start that purge...clinging onto some guys...or not even allowing any new guys any opportunity to just see any reps and if they may be part of the future...or not...is just pointless and bad managing.

Time to look at age...and performance or lack there of on our roster now and make those prudent moves...that's why they getting paid the big bucks as well and much like ZC and some others here...if they not earning that money...get out the scissors and snip snip

I mentioned it in turn gdt, we can’t wait till the off season to dump all these old clunkers. If we do we won’t be able to compete next year. We’ve got less than a month imo to move on and start plugging in new guys. Other wise we will be making the moves too late and not getting guys into competitive games. 

34 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Because the future in football is only a matter of a few years... 5 years is an eternity. Streveler doesn't need to be the guy in 2030... just the guy to handle things for a few years until someone else is developed.

I don’t think he’s gonna be able to do it for much longer unless they let him try playing actual quarterback. He’s already had the **** beat out of him and only started a game 

17 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

I mentioned it in turn gdt, we can’t wait till the off season to dump all these old clunkers. If we do we won’t be able to compete next year. We’ve got less than a month imo to move on and start plugging in new guys. Other wise we will be making the moves too late and not getting guys into competitive games. 

Can't win games scoring 9 pts., O'Shea needs to point a gun at Buck and give him a freehand to come up with a solution to fix an underperforming QB and a sputtering offence.  How he wants to manage his player personnel is up to him, but if Buck can't change the direction of this offence by year end, O'Shea needs to pull the trigger and bring in an OC with a better plan during the off-season.  

2 and 8 is a very very real possibility and at that point I think O’Shea is let go. Wade and Kyle Won’t let this go on much longer. 

Strev is 30. Zach is 36. MBT is prob 35 ish. Harris is almost 40. Strev has lots of time left if they let him be a QB

7 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Yep and one of the things Wally Buono understood well. Plenty of times he sent a popular veteran packing because he didn't want to get stuck holding the bag with a declining player

I have so much respect for what Walters has done for this club but I think he and the management team have failed at considering two key maxims for GMs.

- "Trade a player a year too early rather than a year too late." -- Branch Rickey 

- "The key is to pay for future performance, not past performance" -- Theo Epstein 

Granted that MLB management is different than the CFL, but I think we've clearly failed on both accounts with Zach and his expensive 3 year contract.

Wally Buono showed several times that he would not have made this mistake. 

Edited by K-Shack

2 hours ago, Goalie said:

2 and 8 is a very very real possibility and at that point I think O’Shea is let go. Wade and Kyle Won’t let this go on much longer. 

Strev is 30. Zach is 36. MBT is prob 35 ish. Harris is almost 40. Strev has lots of time left if they let him be a QB

No chance that is going to happen... they still believe he is the best chance for a grey cup contender with the home game next years...

What I wish they would do is say... start playing the young guys and see what we have, and you'll keep your job even if we go 4-14... we need to get better next year and we're DOA starting OverTheHill, Thomas, BA, Lofton, Kolo, etc....