Call it what you want … you need to move on from Collaros

Mike

3 hours ago, Fatty Liver said:

Can't win games scoring 9 pts., O'Shea needs to point a gun at Buck and give him a freehand to come up with a solution to fix an underperforming QB and a sputtering offence.  How he wants to manage his player personnel is up to him, but if Buck can't change the direction of this offence by year end, O'Shea needs to pull the trigger and bring in an OC with a better plan during the off-season.  

A gun needs to be held to osh too with some his roster choices

3 hours ago, Goalie said:

2 and 8 is a very very real possibility and at that point I think O’Shea is let go. Wade and Kyle Won’t let this go on much longer. 

Strev is 30. Zach is 36. MBT is prob 35 ish. Harris is almost 40. Strev has lots of time left if they let him be a QB

Yup

58 minutes ago, bearpants said:

No chance that is going to happen... they still believe he is the best chance for a grey cup contender with the home game next years...

What I wish they would do is say... start playing the young guys and see what we have, and you'll keep your job even if we go 4-14... we need to get better next year and we're DOA starting OverTheHill, Thomas, BA, Lofton, Kolo, etc....

Why would they think that based on how/why we lost last 2 cups...and how he is managing this season??

15 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Live look at the bombers coaching staff

0*ZjYSm_q36J4KChdn

Publicly, yes, but behind closed doors, definitely not this... I can't imagine the amount of hand wringing going on right now.

23 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Live look at the bombers coaching staff

0*ZjYSm_q36J4KChdn

7 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Publicly, yes, but behind closed doors, definitely not this... I can't imagine the amount of hand wringing going on right now.

There are some players who absolutely hate to lose, as if it hurts them physically.  Brady Oliveira seems like that type.  Other guys are joking with the opposition between plays but BO just wants to line up, get going and dish it out.  Need more guys who can walk that walk and not just give the same old talk.  Finger pointing between teammates is never good but you can see the frustration is boiling up good now.

Edited by BigBlueFanatic

27 minutes ago, Noeller said:

What evidence do we have to suggest this?

25 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

What evidence do we have to suggest this?

We know that O'Shea hates to lose more than he likes winning, and we know that he always shelters the players publicly. This isn't difficult to figure out.

14 minutes ago, Noeller said:

We know that O'Shea hates to lose more than he likes winning, and we know that he always shelters the players publicly. This isn't difficult to figure out.

Okay but it doesn't seem to override his sense of loyalty. The only reason he finally started Matt Nichols was because he literally was going to be fired. I know that I have this yearly mini rant about how close Michael O'Shea was to being fired, but the Bombers were one win and five tries in 2016. Nichols saved his job and O'Shea only played him out of desperation. People don't forget how desperate O'Shea was to get Willy to work. That is the incredibly fine line and professional sports that we're dealing with here. Little decisions like finally giving the backup a chance is what turn this franchise around. I know this is going to go over like a lead balloon but I fully agree with the odd tape that I saw here before that someone had about the bombers succeeding in spite of our coach.

We got lucky and Nichols saved our bacon and help to propel this organization to where we were last 5 years. I really worry that we miss the boat here and we can be looking at several seasons of being totally lost at sea. 

52 minutes ago, Noeller said:

He not sheltering anything tho...he defends bad players...and is doing some bad coaching

He believes nothing is wrong with his players...

28 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

But what has he done to stop the losing?

Starts 10 Canadians....  Eleven if you include the fact that there are two Canadians alternating at the same position at DT. We should be playing 11 Americans on D with Ford the lone Canadian. Maybe 10 with another Canadian in the rotation. 

3 hours ago, Nolby said:

Eli has earned a starting spot without even lifting a finger.

Eli comes in a lot on heavy sets.  Others have noted even in those plays he’s very assertive calling out what he sees.  Any potential growing pains that come with switching to Eli at center are far outweighed by his current level, never mind his ceiling.

Edited by BigBlueFanatic
Fat finger spelling

14 hours ago, 17to85 said:

But what has he done to stop the losing?

Nothing..he freely admits the players and roster are not an issue...more it's focus..discipline and being assignments sound...again tho is that not on the HC to get it right? He's failing us miserably...

13 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Starts 10 Canadians....  Eleven if you include the fact that there are two Canadians alternating at the same position at DT. We should be playing 11 Americans on D with Ford the lone Canadian. Maybe 10 with another Canadian in the rotation. 

That would help immensely with qb pressures...better run defwnce...but Osh gonna Osh as we hemorrhage game after game..cause he believes his choices make sense

Based on what we saw from 2 rookie recievers there should be no excuse for Whitehead to be in for Johnson....and Case...I don't see the reasoning there either...or the potential with a wr in the mold of what we already have in Demski...and what would be Whitehead...I'd have Smith back on and integrate him more into the offence...he is excellent at catching the ball and we tried to make McRae a thing last yr...all yr...whereas Smith has a way better skill set

Seems like the unknown is always the better option until he plays then the next unknown becomes that guy. Turns out the backup QB isn’t the most popular guy, it’s the dude on the PR 

On 2024-07-20 at 8:48 PM, do or die said:

Don't care what MOS says......win or lose, he has always played shut pan with media. 

What counts now is action - pulling certain guys, right out of the lineup.....and start the retooling now......

Finally back in the good ol cool Canada - was over 48C a few days where I was last week and very happy to catch up on all Bomber things. And yeah actions speak louder that words. And I agree re-tooling needs to start now. I had all the Bomber games taped during my absence and am going to take a few days off an watch all of them. It is only 30C here in Calgary seems like winter from the 48C and over in the UAE (Dubai) where I have been spending way too much time.

31 minutes ago, BBRT said:

Finally back in the good ol cool Canada - was over 48C a few days where I was last week and very happy to catch up on all Bomber things. And yeah actions speak louder that words. And I agree re-tooling needs to start now. I had all the Bomber games taped during my absence and am going to take a few days off an watch all of them. It is only 30C here in Calgary seems like winter from the 48C and over in the UAE (Dubai) where I have been spending way too much time.

My condolences. Stay strong. 

1 hour ago, BBRT said:

38 minutes ago, JCon said:

My condolences. Stay strong. 

Spoiler alert… takes ‘till game 7 with zeros on the clock for Biggie to lay a good hit on someone…

14 minutes ago, BigBlueFanatic said:

Spoiler alert… takes ‘till game 7 with zeros on the clock for Biggie to lay a good hit on someone…

i'm still shocked we didnt see him flail away with an attempt at his legs...miss badly and then lay there prone on the ground as Patterson galloped away to make a pass....or gain 30 yards

23 hours ago, Booch said:

i'm still shocked we didnt see him flail away with an attempt at his legs...miss badly and then lay there prone on the ground as Patterson galloped away to make a pass....or gain 30 yards

To be fair, Patterson wasn't trying to get away. He wasn't a RB or WR running with the ball. Just a little qb slowing down

On 2024-07-22 at 11:54 AM, BBRT said:

Gouge out your eyes first.