Call it what you want … you need to move on from Collaros

Mike

1 hour ago, bigg jay said:

After watching him get taken out of the game by the spotter, it got me thinking.  How would it work if he was unable to play next season due to injury? 

Good question.

Completely unrelated but what's Shane Stant up to these days?

4 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

what about ZC for Fanny Arbuckle?

I wouldn’t. But that chap has potential. However, I’d do Fatty as the second string and let Strevey go nuts as the starter.
Brown yes - that wouldn’t happen. Is Gnoche Masoli ever going to play again? He can stay in the Ottawa. 

29 minutes ago, Deiter Fan said:

Good question.

Completely unrelated but what's Shane Stant up to these days?

Or this guy....

tymludvhbwm81.jpg

19 minutes ago, Rod Black said:

I wouldn’t. But that chap has potential. However, I’d do Fatty as the second string and let Strevey go nuts as the starter.
Brown yes - that wouldn’t happen. Is Gnoche Masoli ever going to play again? He can stay in the Ottawa. 

Sorry right - Fatty Arbuckle.  My bad...

4 hours ago, bigg jay said:

After watching him get taken out of the game by the spotter, it got me thinking.  How would it work if he was unable to play next season due to injury? 

Under normal circumstances, we couldn't release him this season if he was injured and have to wait until the off season.  Could we still do that or because of the guarantee, would we just park him on the 6 game all next year.  He still gets paid but it wouldn't go against the cap.

I'm thinking with this turnstile O line, the likelihood that he gets injured is pretty good (I'm not for anyone getting injured). If he gets a serious concussion, he might be done. We'd just 6 game him in 2025.

7 hours ago, blueingreenland said:

I'm thinking with this turnstile O line, the likelihood that he gets injured is pretty good (I'm not for anyone getting injured). If he gets a serious concussion, he might be done. We'd just 6 game him in 2025.

Yeah I'm not wishing that on anyone, but the hit that put him down & pulled from the game, was nothing special (looked more like he got shoved to the ground than hit) so it got me wondering what might happen if/when he really gets hammered.  Given our o-line play and his history, it's something that could very well happen.

5 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

Yeah I'm not wishing that on anyone, but the hit that put him down & pulled from the game, was nothing special (looked more like he got shoved to the ground than hit) so it got me wondering what might happen if/when he really gets hammered.  Given our o-line play and his history, it's something that could very well happen.

But he wasn’t even hurt, the injury spotter was just trigger happy 

1 minute ago, Mike said:

But he wasn’t even hurt, the injury spotter was just trigger happy 

Yeah it was weird because they let him run a few plays before pulling him but on the initial hit/shove, he was laying face down for a few seconds and was pretty slow to get up.

Just now, Mike said:

I feel like he does that all the time nowadays lol 

You're not wrong lol. TSN cut to a shot of his wife in the stands while he was down - not a care in the world that her husband was laid out on the ground, looking like  "Oh I've seen this before, he'll be fine, can you pass the fries?" 

10 minutes ago, Stickem said:

'Dirt Nap'.....you mean like looking at the turf from the other side.....Let's not carried away here.....Zack ain't that far gone

I mean he did look like he was taking a little snooze out there...  first 10 seconds of this clip shows why they pulled him.

https://www.tsn.ca/cfl/video/cfl-blue-bombers-14-argonauts-16-ot~2966932

10 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Collaros does that remarkably often. Just takes his sweet time getting up. The fact they let him run the next play and then took him out is just more ineptitude on the cfls part.

If you've ever observed a 2 year old fall down and lay on the ground it looks remarkably similar.

1 minute ago, IC Khari said:

Collaros is 3rd in passing (yes he only has 4 tds but we are near the top of the league in rushing tds). We also have two receivers in the top 10 (Willson at 5 and Demski at 7) 

I'd at least let the week finish out before declaring his position among league leaders. As of right now Collaros has played more games than any other starting QB (9 compared to 7 or 8 ) and has the lowest QB rating of any starting QB (86.8)

And then there's the simple eye test, which is finally trending in the right direction, but still not MOP top-paid QB worthy (in my humble opinion), he looked better than he has lately and thank goodness for that