Call it what you want … you need to move on from Collaros

Mike

Sure

12 minutes ago, MOBomberFan said:

I'd at least let the week finish out before declaring his position among league leaders. As of right now Collaros has played more games than any other starting QB (9 compared to 7 or 8 ) and has the lowest QB rating of any starting QB (86.8)

And then there's the simple eye test, which is finally trending in the right direction, but still not MOP top-paid QB worthy (in my humble opinion), he looked better than he has lately and thank goodness for that

Sure, but considering he’s played most of these games with what are essentially 2/3 a second string (at the start of the season) receiving core and a line in transition, plus the recent trend in 3 of the last 4 games of looking more like the guy (short of the tds) we’re used to, I’d say it’s too early to declare what this thread is saying also. Bo Levi is one of the league leaders in tds but in wins? Not so much. Let’s see how this team responds when Lawler is back in the mix.

Edited by IC Khari

I've been shitting on Zach non stop since the GC so it's only fair that I compliment his play now that it warrants it. Still think we should have went with Dru, and, we'd be at least 1 game better if not 2 had we gone that direction.

That said. Winning is better than losing and that was a fun game.

3 hours ago, IC Khari said:

Collaros is 3rd in passing (yes he only has 4 tds but we are near the top of the league in rushing tds). We also have two receivers in the top 10 (Willson at 5 and Demski at 7) 

If Zach can lead Wilson into the clear with passes instead of always holding him up or pulling him back he'll become a TD machine, one on one DB's won't be able to stop him.

4 hours ago, White Out said:

Still think we should have went with Dru, and, we'd be at least 1 game better if not 2 had we gone that direction.

I'm not so sure.  Brown has had a clean pocket and some pretty good receivers to work with in Ottawa.  Dunno if he'd be any better at coping with the adversity Zach is facing in the short term.

5 hours ago, johnzo said:

I'm not so sure.  Brown has had a clean pocket and some pretty good receivers to work with in Ottawa.  Dunno if he'd be any better at coping with the adversity Zach is facing in the short term.

If any thing browns greatest attribute has been his toughness and ability to grow through adversity. 
 Being fast at getting rid of the ball, and good escapability helps the ol a lot too. 
 I have no doubt in my mind that brown would’ve been much better than zach for the first 6-7 games. To the point we probably have 2 more wins just with that change. 

Brown is going up, zach has no place to go but down. Aside from this year, which is on the verge of being a total loss, the upside for next year and going forward is gigantic.  
 Especially when you consider he’s about 270k-300k cheaper per year. 
That’s picket + barlow and brown vs zach. That combination would make us much better than 2 more wins.