2023/2024 CFL (Non Bombers) Off Season News

Noeller

19 minutes ago, Booch said:

its not thaaaaat bad....lol

I havnt perused the Rider forum since last year...so not sure who is being touted...so...who is?....curious

No one necessarily at QB. Everyone (including me x10) really wants Fine off the team. He sucks, we know he sucks.

People are mostly excited about Mace/other new coaches. Expectations this season aren’t too high, mostly just want to see a culture reset.

34 minutes ago, greenrider55 said:

No one necessarily at QB. Everyone (including me x10) really wants Fine off the team. He sucks, we know he sucks.

People are mostly excited about Mace/other new coaches. Expectations this season aren’t too high, mostly just want to see a culture reset.

Definitely needed a culture shift there...that's key...I think tho not much will change tho until they punt O'Day too

3 hours ago, WinnipegGordo said:

So? Winnipeg has Fred Penner again.

The Cat Came Back and Sandwiches are Beautiful are the bomb.

2 hours ago, GCn20 said:

Lots of ppl thinking the Riders improved and for the life of me I just can't see how.

Its the fact that everybody is having an outstanding training camp.

3 hours ago, greenrider55 said:

If Mace is the right guy, it'll be at least another year to get the ship corrected. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Riders break out fast and fade as the year goes on.

55 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

If Mace is the right guy, it'll be at least another year to get the ship corrected. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Riders break out fast and fade as the year goes on.

I agree mace is a great pick. But I don’t think he has half a roster around him worth a damn

7 hours ago, HardCoreBlue said:

BD is such a hard guy to cheer against, HC talent or not. 

In an ideal world RedBlacks take the East which realistically ain't going to happen.

Lots of nice guys have been head coaches & failed as it's a cutthroat business. 

3 hours ago, Bigblue204 said:

I'm cool with that. FWIW, I wanted O'Day fired and was quite disappointed at the decision to keep him on.

7 hours ago, greenrider55 said:

I'm cool with that. FWIW, I wanted O'Day fired and was quite disappointed at the decision to keep him on.

yup....It wont all happen in 1 yr for sure...I think Mace is a solid start (For Rider's sake hopefully not overwhelmed like Claybrooks)....AS Dickie was just a total dud....and there was no semblance of any locker room structure there...Marshall gone too will help a lot....and did they jettison any other questionable "leader" types?...But I still think Oday has to be on the hot seat this yr, and they need to really show some progress.....He's now they anchor there pulling them down...As a Bomber fan I hope they just keep re-upping him....But as a realistic observer he needs to go

6 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

The prospect of our cover team against Grant is terrifying.

Until proven otherwise..any returner....nothing in that pre-season game gave me any reason to think otherwise yet....tho it was pretty heavy with newbies....but still

36 minutes ago, Doublezero said:

Hope he takes one to the house every game - except against us. Guy has been a force, top return man in the CFL for several years.

But does he still have it? Guess we will find out.

No evidence he ever lost it, playing against Grant in a Grey Cup game would be nerve racking.

8 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

No evidence he ever lost it, playing against Grant in a Grey Cup game would be nerve racking.

The fact he only played like 8 games last year suggests he might have lost some of it. He also does nothing else. Not a running back. Not a receiver. I dunno. It’s not like he was at nfl camps and was cut. Teams could have signed him weeks ago. 

22 minutes ago, blue85gold said:

Damn that one stings a bit

Not sure why honestly. This tells me bombers decided it was time to move on. Couldn’t stay healthy last year. 

Edited by Goalie

2 hours ago, Booch said:

Until proven otherwise..any returner....nothing in that pre-season game gave me any reason to think otherwise yet....tho it was pretty heavy with newbies....but still

Meh....90% of those cover teams won't be on our roster.

17 minutes ago, Goalie said:

The fact he only played like 8 games last year suggests he might have lost some of it. He also does nothing else. Not a running back. Not a receiver. I dunno. It’s not like he was at nfl camps and was cut. Teams could have signed him weeks ago. 

Not sure why honestly. This tells me bombers decided it was time to move on. Couldn’t stay healthy last year. 

Don't pretend this was the Bombers brilliant decision, they didn't have enough money left over to pay a returner anything more than min. wage. 

2 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

Don't pretend this was the Bombers brilliant decision, they didn't have enough money left over to pay a returner anything more than min. wage. 

Yes they did. They just didn’t want to. I mean really. It’s pretty obvious at this point they decided to move on. If you believe that they didn’t have money to pay him, man cmon. Why so naive. Reality. He wasn’t a priority and is only a kick returner. How much you think the argos paying him signing him 10 days before the season 

Edited by Goalie