2023/2024 CFL (Non Bombers) Off Season News

Noeller

13 hours ago, wbbfan said:

My question is, for the relatively menial amount she sued for why didn’t they pay it right away and avoid much of this? And now that it’s setttled will we see punishment for the front office?

I’m happy for her receiving what ever she got. I hope she manages to find more sports work in the future if she chooses. 

That surely would've been optimal for the player, club and league... but not for the complainant. They would obviously have been best served by using the media and the CFL investigation as a big stick to maximize their settlement. Can't fault them for using the tools available to them. Smart.

1 hour ago, bluto said:

That surely would've been optimal for the player, club and league... but not for the complainant. They would obviously have been best served by using the media and the CFL investigation as a big stick to maximize their settlement. Can't fault them for using the tools available to them. Smart.

At the end of the day, I am happy the complainant gets to move on with her life, Hopefully, the league office is now shifting it's focus on ensuring Kelly gets the mental help he desperately needs to reform his atrocious behavior, and also has it's bullseye painted squarely on another person of suspect character that was already given one chance. Mr. Murphy, you got some questions to answer.

17 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Sounds like some thing a closet fan would say… lmao 

id be very open to none music based events. I love the super dogs and even the cross fit games they did once was pretty cool. 

Great point. Who says the GC half time show has to be music? There's other high end entertainment that draws attention. 

3 hours ago, bluto said:

They wouldn't have settled for more than was sued for, and the amount was pretty trivial. So I don't buy that. 

1 hour ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Great point. Who says the GC half time show has to be music? There's other high end entertainment that draws attention. 

Get Penn and Teller, they can make all the teeth in Regina disappear! 

1 hour ago, wbbfan said:

They wouldn't have settled for more than was sued for, and the amount was pretty trivial. So I don't buy that. 

Get Penn and Teller, they can make all the teeth in Regina disappear! 

I'd be way more impressed, and grateful, if they made them re-appear.

2 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

I'd be way more impressed, and grateful, if they made them re-appear.

Boy the one dentist in the province would be awful lonely. 

A really good stand up show would work at half time IMO. 

Just now, wbbfan said:

Boy the one dentist in the province would be awful lonely. 

A really good stand up show would work at half time IMO. 

He needs a break anyway. His back is shot from all the tooth pulling over his career.

3 hours ago, GCn20 said:

At the end of the day, I am happy the complainant gets to move on with her life, Hopefully, the league office is now shifting it's focus on ensuring Kelly gets the mental help he desperately needs to reform his atrocious behavior, and also has it's bullseye painted squarely on another person of suspect character that was already given one chance. Mr. Murphy, you got some questions to answer.

Murphy has not been talked about nearly enough. His actions are every bit as bad as Kelly's. In this day and age you can not sweep this under the rug and fire people bringing this up to you. 

Just now, 17to85 said:

Murphy has not been talked about nearly enough. His actions are every bit as bad as Kelly's. In this day and age you can not sweep this under the rug and fire people bringing this up to you. 

I feel like the league is going to try and sweep this under the carpet and not punish the front office sadly. 

2 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Not to mention he was just re-instated for very questionable behavior. Might be time for him to get an apple and a roadmap too. What a complete lack of character that organization hides behind Pinball's pearly whites.

2 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

I feel like the league is going to try and sweep this under the carpet and not punish the front office sadly. 

I feel like they already did.

Edited by GCn20

3 hours ago, 17to85 said:

And btw if these same things were happening within our club with people of our own (players, management, staff) some of us would be saying these exact same things we are saying here when the details first became aware to the public.

This is not just because its the Argo's although they do royally suck. 

To give you an idea of the priority about the safety of women in the workplace, Pinball Clemons is getting an honourary degree from the University of Guelph later this month. Even after the bungled Chad Kelly affair. I certainly don't hold him in the same high esteem that I used to. 

https://www.guelphtoday.com/local-news/argos-legend-pinball-clemons-to-receive-honourary-degree-from-u-of-g-8975982

10 hours ago, bluto said:

Yeah that less than a 100k will surely set her family up for generations to come.

41 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

To give you an idea of the priority about the safety of women in the workplace, Pinball Clemons is getting an honourary degree from the University of Guelph later this month. Even after the bungled Chad Kelly affair. I certainly don't hold him in the same high esteem that I used to. 

https://www.guelphtoday.com/local-news/argos-legend-pinball-clemons-to-receive-honourary-degree-from-u-of-g-8975982

Hmm. Probably lots to do with being the first black head coach to win a cup. They appear to be handing out honorary degrees to black people firsts 

The first Black head coach to win a Grey Cup is also called an inspirational athlete and leader on and off the field. He established the Pinball Clemons Foundation, which helps to “inspire youth through literacy programs, scholarships, bursaries and employment opportunities, aligning with U of G’s commitment to improve life," a news release explains.

Zanana L. Akande, the first Black woman to be elected into the Ontario legislature will also get a degree.