The 2024 Grim Reaper Thread

You know considering that there are players that have doped and have been arrested for Domestic violence.....how is Gambling just as bad? oh wait Rose bet against his own team I see the issue, but considering how the formers I mentioned are kind of worse....

I know how famous Rose was....enough to be mentioned in the 1986 Holiday film Babes in Toyland

I know his son Pete Rose jr became a baseball manager himself in one of the American Association teams.....I remember that his team was up against the Goldeyes in the playoffs either in 2016 or 17 (probably 16....and it was with the Wingnuts) and at one point he actually got ejected for arguing with the Ump or something

Edited by iHeart

I, like many, met Pete in Caesar's Palace. 

Should have inducted into Cooperstown for his on field achievements. 

If Big Papi is in with all that juice, so should Rose. 

10 minutes ago, iHeart said:

You know considering that there are players that have doped and have been arrested for Domestic violence.....how is Gambling just as bad? oh wait Rose bet against his own team I see the issue, but considering how the formers I mentioned are kind of worse....

I know how famous Rose was....enough to be mentioned in the 1986 Holiday film Babes in Toyland

I know his son Pete Rose jr became a baseball manager himself in one of the American Association teams.....I remember that his team was up against the Goldeyes in the playoffs either in 2016 or 17 (probably 16....and it was with the Wingnuts) and at one point he actually got ejected for arguing with the Ump or something

Can't bet on the game. End of. But, no indication he did while he was playing. 

Mutombo came along when I followed basketball closely. What an intimidating character. I had his shoes. 😉

But, by all accounts, he was also a wonderful human being. RIP. 

1 hour ago, Piggy 1 said:

The BEST song writer who ever lived ....NUFD

All jokes about country music aside, Kris was one of the most intelligent writers the genre ever knew. He was so well read, educated... Just one of smartest guys the genre ever had. He wasn't the best singer, so he never really had the incredible performing career, but man could he write. 

26 minutes ago, Noeller said:

All jokes about country music aside, Kris was one of the most intelligent writers the genre ever knew. He was so well read, educated... Just one of smartest guys the genre ever had. He wasn't the best singer, so he never really had the incredible performing career, but man could he write. 

He narrated/acted in 'Where the Red Fern Grows' - superbly done.

On 2024-09-30 at 6:46 PM, JCon said:

I, like many, met Pete in Caesar's Palace. 

Should have inducted into Cooperstown for his on field achievements. 

If Big Papi is in with all that juice, so should Rose. 

Can't bet on the game. End of. But, no indication he did while he was playing. 

Mutombo came along when I followed basketball closely. What an intimidating character. I had his shoes. 😉

But, by all accounts, he was also a wonderful human being. RIP. 

He had a talk show. Not entirely sure how he got it, as he wasn't really camera friendly and definitely learned on the job, but he could be funny. His stand up was funny but he laughed at his own jokes. RIP Mike.