Next merch purchase

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Bit of a random question 

Does anyone remember what the old Canad Inns seats sold for when they were sold off prior to the stadium demo?

I’ve got a set of two I always had plans for but just never got around to doing anything with, but I figure I may as well try and sell them now. Genuinely just no clue what they even went for in the first place.

46 minutes ago, Mike said:

Bit of a random question 

Does anyone remember what the old Canad Inns seats sold for when they were sold off prior to the stadium demo?

I’ve got a set of two I always had plans for but just never got around to doing anything with, but I figure I may as well try and sell them now. Genuinely just no clue what they even went for in the first place.

I think it depended on the location honestly. Like closer to the field went for more.  That’s a while ago now tho. Not sure what the demand would be today. 

Edited by Goalie

2 hours ago, Mike said:

Bit of a random question 

I also have a whole bunch of them lying around the side of my house 😂. Apparently some were used at the arena in Iles Des Chenes and they were getting rid of them. So my neighbour and I went out there and picked some up. Same idea - still haven't done anything with them

On 2024-05-18 at 9:16 PM, Squeakers and Skippy said:

I might get a new hat

I went in looking for a new one but wasn't happy with the mid off season selection. But they generally come out with a couple really nice ones through out the year. I do wish we could order them with the designs in any lay out we want. The 19 GC hat is beautiful, but that flat brim eww. Hate snap backs too personally, love the flex fit. 

18 hours ago, Mike said:

Bit of a random question 

One person is selling some on FB market place right now, autographed for 40 bucks a pop. I usually see them going for about 50. It's funny the old portable comfy seat things that went on the old seats seem to sell for more. 

16 hours ago, BBlink said:

I also have a whole bunch of them lying around the side of my house 😂. Apparently some were used at the arena in Iles Des Chenes and they were getting rid of them. So my neighbour and I went out there and picked some up. Same idea - still haven't done anything with them

I heard they scooped up a bunch, which was pretty smart, and cool. 

I was thinking about building some in to my deck reno, Ill probably just build some thing more comfortable though. 

On 2024-06-13 at 3:02 PM, wbbfan said:

I went in looking for a new one but wasn't happy with the mid off season selection. But they generally come out with a couple really nice ones through out the year. I do wish we could order them with the designs in any lay out we want. The 19 GC hat is beautiful, but that flat brim eww. Hate snap backs too personally, love the flex fit. 

One person is selling some on FB market place right now, autographed for 40 bucks a pop. I usually see them going for about 50. It's funny the old portable comfy seat things that went on the old seats seem to sell for more. 

I heard they scooped up a bunch, which was pretty smart, and cool. 

I was thinking about building some in to my deck reno, Ill probably just build some thing more comfortable though. 

Yeah Flat brims make most ppl look like Toad from Mario and snap backs are for children and seniors. 
Give me a flex fit low pro with a curved brim. 

On 2024-06-14 at 10:21 PM, JohnnyAbonny said:

Yeah Flat brims make most ppl look like Toad from Mario and snap backs are for children and seniors. 
Give me a flex fit low pro with a curved brim. 

You know you can curve a 59fifty brim right 😂

My two favourite lids right now, both from The Bombers Store, are a royal blue snapback and a white/blue "courderoy" bucket hat. I'm 44 and never considered there was anything wrong with the snapback.... But it is also possible that I am WILDLY out of touch... Ha ha.

Edited by Noeller

Just now, Noeller said:

My two favourite kids right now, both from The Bombers Store, are a royal blue snapback and a white/blue "courderoy" bucket hat. I'm 44 and never considered there was anything wrong with the snapback.... But it is also possible that I am WILDLY out of touch... Ha ha.

I’m just super picky about hats. To each their own. 
I really like the ‘47 Franchise cap on the Bomber store website right now fwiw, I might go pick it up. 

Edited by JohnnyAbonny

1 minute ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

I’m just super picky about hats. To each their own. 

Ftr my original post meant to say "lids" not kids.... Now edited. I don't want anyone thinking I'm THAT kind of crazy... (Just the regular kind that you already know about...)

On 2024-06-15 at 11:08 PM, JohnnyAbonny said:

It’s never the same 

11 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Never seen it done and look ok. 

I collect the New Era fitted hats and yeah if you just bend them, you’ll mess them up.

I steam them and then curve them around a water bottle (I use a big Nalgene) and it works perfectly everytime … if you have a clothes steamer, that does it or myself I just boil a pot of water and put the brim over it for 30-45 seconds 

1 hour ago, Mike said:

I collect the New Era fitted hats and yeah if you just bend them, you’ll mess them up.

I steam them and then curve them around a water bottle (I use a big Nalgene) and it works perfectly everytime … if you have a clothes steamer, that does it or myself I just boil a pot of water and put the brim over it for 30-45 seconds 

ohh thats interesting I might have to try that!

1 hour ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

The worst trend in sports merch is the move away from fitted hats to adjustable ones.  Hate the adjustable ones.

QFT

1 hour ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Paper bag

LOL

2 hours ago, Mike said:

Reminds me of when I was a kid when I would curve my hockey sticks using the stove element.

24 minutes ago, WinnipegGordo said:

Reminds me of when I was a kid when I would curve my hockey sticks using the stove element.

I got way beyond tired of the flat brim and curving it by hand just bent or broke it so I did some research.

Had to come up with something, I have over 100 of them, couldn’t have them all looking like a mess lol 

I’m a big fan of the bucket hats. Those are by far the best hats. But honestly I don’t wear hats as much as I did when I was a teen or in my 20s. I dunno. I noticed my sisters husband was wearing a hat always and he started to get a bald spot so I thought , I don’t want that and you know what. 15 years later plus and I got all my hair still. Like for my bro in law, he should shave it all off but I dunno why he doesn’t. Do ppl know who Paul Heyman is? He’s like that but not as fat but like at what point do u shave it all off. It ain’t coming back. 

most recent purchase was a pink shirt for my almost 10 year old. That was about 10 days ago. 

Edited by Goalie