2024 Blue Bomber Training Camp

No Zach on Friday and a few starters will be sitting also. 

Realistically we have a pr to develop receivers in case of injury. Keep the best 2 or 3 and put 2 on the PR if willing. 

10 minutes ago, blue85gold said:

Agree, but that is pretty much Woli's role already. I think the 5th guy should be one who could in theory step up and fill in for Schoen or Lawler if they get hurt. 

They'll probably have a couple guys on practice roster plus a couple Canadians.  Probably would want one guy who is a Lawler body type on PR.

I don't see a ton of value to have a vertical for the sake of being vertical guy receiver on the roster like Lapolice always tried to force in...but especially with our core group, doesn't fit.

1 minute ago, Mike said:

If we’re living out our dreams, I’d prefer we just get the second coming of Mike Sellers into our starting lineup and run 4 receivers and 2 running backs. 

Might aswell resurrect Tyrone Jones and turn back the odometer on Greg Battle while were at it.

1 minute ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Johnny Petrishen

Just think...one week from today they'll be in a game prep practice.

And between now and then they need to cut like 30 players.

The decision making from our staff just continues to be baffling. We are on pace to finish training camp without our starting week 1 offence having ever worked together even once. I don’t know if it’s ignorance or arrogance or what, but it’s frustrating

1 minute ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Johnny Petrishen

while Biggie is out....and hopefully he is for the full 6 minimum I'd like to see Moses get the shot at the MLB and Petrishen as one the DI's for teams and rotation....let Moses jump right in, and if he falters a bit...flip him and Petrishen around. I don't wanna see it handed to Gauthier as thats in no way preparing anyone for next yr, you can't see what you have with the new blood and really is a step backwards.

I hope we see Moses/Petrishen or Moses/Gemmel right out of the shoot. I'd even go as far if BA isnt ready to delare Safety and Corner canadian spots, and for first game role with Clericus as #5 on offence. That would allow us to have our 15 imports with an all Imort Dline and one end who isnt a DI...Then use the 4 DI's with Castillo...a LB...returner(Hopefully Smith forversatility) ...and either another DB or WR.of whom can also return

With Hallett..Kelly...Karamoko (who can sub in for an injured Canadian) we would have enough coverage there and and could freely sub in a DI on defence. 

7 minutes ago, Mike said:

The decision making from our staff just continues to be baffling. We are on pace to finish training camp without our starting week 1 offence having ever worked together even once. I don’t know if it’s ignorance or arrogance or what, but it’s frustrating

IT IS stupidity really....especially with unlimited roster at home....One those QB's will be number 3...and not see the field....so tons of time to evaluate them....Also, we may just dress 2 anyway with Strev being the short yardage and backup...which would allow us to throw on another Global, or national who would give more depth on ST if anything

Just now, Mike said:

Rookie MLB Canadian safety sounds reasonable in theory but still scares the **** out of me 

meh...If they can play...and know their sh!t I not worrid..Hallett hardly a rookie...Kelley has a yr.....And those new LB's ooze talent, and their athleticsism can make up more than enough what Biggie brigs with Knowledge....Wilson and even Nichols...can have them qued and tell them whats going on. 

I would be salivating thinking of a trio like Wilson/Moses/Cole an their sideline tosideline ability working behind what I expect is a revigorized WJ causing havoc with 2 active hungry ends, who are having a pocket collapse from the likes of Fox and whoever wins that second import DT spot...

19 minutes ago, Mike said:

It's a league problem though too.

Be interesting to see how games look first little while.

Used to have basically a full week after preseason #2 with cuts then a full game week.

Bombers will probably have team in place Sunday-Monday....season opener Thursday.

The timelines are silly.  Kind of US spring league-esque.

I was just looking at our roster and there are easily 5 or 6 names I have not heard mentioned once all training camp.

anybody got any idea if Demetries Ford is a real person? Or Patrick Rogers? Or Larnel Coleman?

18 minutes ago, Mike said:

I was just looking at our roster and there are easily 5 or 6 names I have not heard mentioned once all training camp.

anybody got any idea if Demetries Ford is a real person? Or Patrick Rogers? Or Larnel Coleman?

Ford had one tackel & returned one punt in the 1st game (12 yards) so he is an actual person,

Coleman has been interviewed a couple times a few weeks back but can't find anything about how he's doing at camp.

Patrick Rogers may or may not exist...

5 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

What or who is a Keric Wheatfall?

He was mentioned as having taken first team reps the other day as the 5th receiver,  Most likely not be here next week if the pattern holds up.

26 minutes ago, WinnipegGordo said:

Brady has moved from the injured veteran list to the active roster.

At least he wasnt moved to the 6 game injured list.

Mos was saying today he is optimistic that Brady will be practicing for week 1. 

Im torn on Zach. Normally he takes a half. He was far from his best in the play offs again. If he’s sitting I expect him to not be rusty to start week 1. 
 I do like the idea of strevy having say a half with team 1/2. And another quarter and a half or so for Wilson and some reps for Grainger too.