2024 Blue Bomber Training Camp

8 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

Must be shocking for him to have a QB hit him in stride.

The throws on that tape are god awful

No joke. Pretty productive for a guy who always had to make hard catches seemingly. Even when wide open. 

1 hour ago, wbbfan said:

No joke. Pretty productive for a guy who always had to make hard catches seemingly. Even when wide open. 

it's a highlight reel, though -- wouldn't a receiver's highlight reel want to show off all the contested catches where he bailed out his QB?

9 minutes ago, johnzo said:

it's a highlight reel, though -- wouldn't a receiver's highlight reel want to show off all the contested catches where he bailed out his QB?

Sure I mean you ideally want to show a wide range of play making skills. Great catches, great routes, speed to separate, hard earned yac plays. High effort plays I think are really under rated. 
 Most of the time it’s the players scores, longest plays and some of their best grabs. 

Edited by wbbfan

10 hours ago, bigg jay said:

Ford had one tackel & returned one punt in the 1st game (12 yards) so he is an actual person,

Coleman has been interviewed a couple times a few weeks back but can't find anything about how he's doing at camp.

Patrick Rogers may or may not exist...

Roy Rogers Birthday

"Why Patrick just happens to be my brother, of course we're both dead now, why do you ask?"

https://www.bluebombers.com/2024/05/29/48-hour-primer-preseason-2/

i honestly can’t imagine this being less informative … it feels like a real deliberate thing the Bombers are doing to provide as little information about camp as possible at this rate. If it’s on purpose for gamesmanship, ok I can respect it but it sure sucks as a fan

”here’s your primer for the final preseason game: Collaros will not play, Demski likes to practice and we’ve had some injuries in camp”

yeh pretty weak article

no mention who is the front runners for anything...who needs to show well...who may be safe.....I could have wrote a better primer from where I am and seeing 2 days of camp

I still just cringe at the comment returning stalwarts/core and Tait always tossing Thomas in there...Is he told to?...Is that what he gleens from practice?.....or is it his personal opinion...and if so it's a weak one

13 minutes ago, Booch said:

yeh pretty weak article

no mention who is the front runners for anything...who needs to show well...who may be safe.....I could have wrote a better primer from where I am and seeing 2 days of camp

I still just cringe at the comment returning stalwarts/core and Tait always tossing Thomas in there...Is he told to?...Is that what he gleens from practice?.....or is it his personal opinion...and if so it's a weak one

One day you will learn in the end you just a fan who thinks he knows more. 

10 hours ago, Noeller said:

Man zero reps with live bullets for Collaros and the O-1s seems like a recipe for a shitty game 1 June 6th .... All kinds of rusty.

Yeah, I’m not a fan of this either.  Zach is a vet, knows the offense, blah, blah, blah… But he didn’t exactly finish last year on a high note… At least give him a quarter to get up to game speed.

47 minutes ago, Mike said:

https://www.bluebombers.com/2024/05/29/48-hour-primer-preseason-2/

i honestly can’t imagine this being less informative … it feels like a real deliberate thing the Bombers are doing to provide as little information about camp as possible at this rate. If it’s on purpose for gamesmanship, ok I can respect it but it sure sucks as a fan

”here’s your primer for the final preseason game: Collaros will not play, Demski likes to practice and we’ve had some injuries in camp”

This is probably the camp with the most wide open competition of any in recent memory and I don't have the faintest idea who is even in the hunt for any of the spots. You want to read the articles in the papers a day early? Watch the O'Shea press conference. There will be literally no information outside of what is provided there.

It is super disappointing.

The mainstream media should be embarrassed, but what the hell is even the point of 3downnation if all they are going to do is reprint press releases?

Edited by Super Duper Negatron

31 minutes ago, Goalie said:

One day you will learn in the end you just a fan who thinks he knows more. 

Ok we get this is how you feel, can you please stop contributing absolutely nothing other than this little snipe a hundred times over? 

6 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

This is probably the camp with the most wide open competition of any in recent memory and I don't have the faintest idea who is even in the hunt for any of the spots. You want to read the articles in the papers a day early? Watch the O'Shea press conference. There will be literally no information outside of what is provided there.

It is super disappointing.

The mainstream media should be embarrassed, but what the hell is even the point of 3downnation if all they are going to do is reprint press releases?

even how they tippy toe around Osh with their questions...and his 90% of the time lack of any real response is also baffling....are they scared to tick him off and have him actually answer/justify something...Has he told them before hand he won't offer anything other than..we like him (which is his comment on everyone), he looked good eh?....saw him running around out there....he was here klast yr and like what we saw so we brought him back...Our media need to grow some onions and be real reporters

16 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Mos was saying today he is optimistic that Brady will be practicing for week 1. 

Im torn on Zach. Normally he takes a half. He was far from his best in the play offs again. If he’s sitting I expect him to not be rusty to start week 1. 
 I do like the idea of strevy having say a half with team 1/2. And another quarter and a half or so for Wilson and some reps for Grainger too. 

I am not concerned about Zac in any way. He will be just fine, and I don't think rust will be an issue. It would be nice to get our starting O a quarter but it's not really a big deal that we aren't imo. Rather have our guys healthy.

14 hours ago, johnzo said:

You want to show off every big play. 

10 hours ago, Noeller said:

Man zero reps with live bullets for Collaros and the O-1s seems like a recipe for a shitty game 1 June 6th .... All kinds of rusty.

Nah...these guys will have it down after the first practice. There is very little to do except to fine tune the timing again and that can be done very quickly with all the vets we have.