2024 Blue Bomber Training Camp

11 minutes ago, Colin Unger said:

If Kramdi is no longer going to start at SAM i have to wonder how long we keep paying him 130k. 

I have no reason to think he won't be starting at SAM.

With only back-ups playing, I think it's fair to assume all former starters are written into their old spots in pen. 

No Patrick Rogers again - maybe this guy really doesn't exist? 

And looking at that O-Line, I would not want Zach back there for any amount of time. Wilson & Grainger are probably going to have a good chance to show their durability!

56 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

Also if we are truly trying to evaluate receivers when the bullets are flying, are we giving them a fair shake with QB3 and 4 throwing to them?

Why not. They will also be evaluated on hundreds of reps in TC, and on game film whether they are the target of a pass or not.

7 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

Is Garbutt hurt?

He is knicked up.

1 hour ago, Booch said:

that was also 3 seasons ago now...and last year he had a lot of less than stelar moments...I'd prefer he gets some reps but it wont be end of world if he doesnt....I think with 2 new lineman tho they need to get an idea of what/where and how long he back there extending plays so they dont ease up and he gets whalloped when the real bullets are flying

is it up?

Last year he was very much in the MOP conversation.

1 minute ago, Noeller said:

that is a WILD depth chart for a final PS game AT HOME....... selling tickets for this one clearly not a concern. 

If I wasn't so starved for football and curious about what a few of these guys look like in person, I wouldn't be going.  I also imagine that if this gets out of hand, I'll be leaving early.

21 minutes ago, blue85gold said:

Pretty much an all rookie line up. Looking forward to seeing Smith at RB and the LBs at least.

If one thing ya...Smith will get lotsa reps and 100% certain will show moe than enough that if he not on the roster....it will be a head shaker

and I like that young defense with the guys who have been showing well getting a lot of reps...well you would think anyway

29 minutes ago, Pete said:

I think part of the reason Zac isn't playing is we're still evaluating the oline, Until we have our number one unit I can't see having Zac in and risking a big hit on  a breakdown . 

We have Coleman, Ivy, Dobson  Wallace and Lofton as starting. Yikes. It is concerning that we havent narrowed down the candidates more throughout the lineup.

Depth Charts: Begelton starts as Stamps face Bombers in preseason - CFL.ca

That is likely part of it, not exposing him to unnecessary shots is a factor. The coaches know pretty much who they want already. Preseason games are about finding out if someone can sneak up on those decisions by demonstrating they are a gamer. For a receiver to do that he does need the starter throwing.

21 minutes ago, Jesse said:

I have no reason to think he won't be starting at SAM.

With only back-ups playing, I think it's fair to assume all former starters are written into their old spots in pen

why?...he clearly isnt the best guy available for that spot...regardless of using "well he was there last yr" as an excuse...as he wasn't the best option then either...the bolded part is how teams start to fail...then fall...and fall hard....

4 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

Last year he was very much in the MOP conversation.

he wasn't even the front runner on our team....

2 minutes ago, Booch said:

why?...he clearly isnt the best guy available for that spot...regardless of using "well he was there last yr" as an excuse...as he wasn't the best option then either...the bolded part is how teams start to fail...then fall...and fall hard....

1. I'm not a Kramdi hater, though I believe he should have to play to earn his spot (but he's not playing so...)

2. I'm not defending the coaches here, I'm just saying we can easily assume this is what's happening. 

Half the team not playing is interesting but I also think it’s a good idea. Just means we got some players to watch. U know the starters making the team. Only going with the rook qbs isn’t good tho. But I suppose most the spots up for grabs are prob on D. Don’t think playing a quarter or 2 makes a difference for Zach and the crew who have been together multiple years now 

Edited by Goalie

I wonder if Darren Grainger is getting a reasonable opportunity to unseat Terry Wilson as the 3rd string QB going into the season. With Collaros and Strev out he should get his fair share of snaps.

6 minutes ago, Jesse said:

1. I'm not a Kramdi hater, though I believe he should have to play to earn his spot (but he's not playing so...)

2. I'm not defending the coaches here, I'm just saying we can easily assume this is what's happening. 

If Kramdi...Gauthier..Thomas are in lineup starting with hardly a rep at all....combined with legitimate talent, superior to what they bring showing well....and I sure some will again tomorrow...then something is seriously wrong here

1 minute ago, Goalie said:

Half the team not playing is interesting but I also think it’s a good idea. Just means we got some players to watch. U know the starters making the team. Only going with the rook qbs isn’t good tho. But I suppose most the spots up for grabs are prob on D. 

I honestly laughed soo hard when I saw the offensive depth chart. For the most part we are starting team 3, and guys who will be cut. 
 Idr ever seeing a team go from half starters to one quarter from ps1 to ps game 2. This is the most preseason roster I’ve seen in a long time. 
 It’s an odd choice to go full pre season in both games. I guess it’s to give the biggest chance to play to the guys battling for spots on the ar and pr. I feel bad for those wrs though. That’s going to be the hardest position to evaluate fairly. 

defense isn’t as bad. Only dressing 3 ends but I’m guessing we will see both Adams and schmekel in the edge some. Soo strange not to give garbutt and habba snaps. I don’t get that. They’ve locked up the two de spots that’s cool, but both need reps imo. 
 I like how the lbers are listed. Glad cole ford mcghee. Only two S is strange but maybe they’ll slide some one else back for some reps. Especially with one being mccarthy. Idk if he’s got much of a chance to be a cfl player out side of maybe a teams guy. He’s a fringe tc pre cut roster guy. 
 No Hallett is strange if they are actually gonna start him. 

7 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Half the team not playing is interesting but I also think it’s a good idea. Just means we got some players to watch. U know the starters making the team. Only going with the rook qbs isn’t good tho. But I suppose most the spots up for grabs are prob on D. Don’t think playing a quarter or 2 makes a difference for Zach and the crew who have been together multiple years now 

Half? It's way more than that - we only have 3 (presumed) starters in Lofton, Fox & Ford playing (4 with Dobson but he's playing center instead of his usual guard position).

I really want to see football but I need to hide this line-up from my wife or find someone else to go with - she will not want to sit through this. 😂

1 minute ago, bigg jay said:

Half? It's way more than that - we only have 3 (presumed) starters in Lofton, Fox & Ford playing (4 with Dobson but he's playing center instead of his usual guard position).

I really want to see football but I need to hide this line-up from my wife or find someone else to go with - she will not want to sit through this. 😂

Maybe have her hold down the fort at the Rum Hut?  Might make things bearable for her haha!

37 minutes ago, Jesse said:

Cole is like Kramdi but better at every thing. I dont hate kramdi, I think he’s a perfect guy to have as the extra db. Rather than carrying a career sts guy who rosters as a S and can’t cover, we have a guy who can slide in and cover as well as play in the box. 

Edited by wbbfan

36 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

No Patrick Rogers again - maybe this guy really doesn't exist? 

And looking at that O-Line, I would not want Zach back there for any amount of time. Wilson & Grainger are probably going to have a good chance to show their durability!

I was at last Saturday's practice as Rogers was there but not participating.

6 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Nobody knows who is starting and who isn’t. Lots of people assume things on here based on what they want but last I checked, everyone on here is just a fan regardless of your background. We don’t know it all as much as some like to think. 

We know that Cole, Moses, Petrishen are not getting the opportunity to play beside Wilson, Kramdi, Gauthier. 

It's hard to say they're being given the opportunity to earn a roster spot when you're not even trying to look at players side by side. 

1 minute ago, wbbfan said:

Cole is like Kramdi but better at every thing. I dont have kramdi, I think he’s a perfect guy to have as the extra db. Rather than carrying a career sts guy who rosters as a S and can’t cover, we have a guy who can slide in and cover as well as play in the box. 

and play the Jack too on occasion...as he did last yr

I also think Kramdi is best served as that swiss army utility guy....I never said cut him....but he shouldnt be starting, and....but he can be a serviceable in game back up to injury at SAM...Safety tho....and is good on teams too.

Garbutt is being rested as not 100 percent, and Haba I am sure was pencilled in as the end opposite WJ before camp even started, as thats how we seem to do things, but he has also earned it as well and appears even better than last year as well....A WJ/Haba/Garbutt trio will be really good, and assume is what we see Game 1. 

I sure hope tho someone steps up and makes it impossible to not roll with 2 import DT's who can run multiple techniques for us tho....raoter config wise we are able to do it...

10 minutes ago, Booch said:

If Kramdi...Gauthier..Thomas are in lineup starting with hardly a rep at all....combined with legitimate talent, superior to what they bring showing well....and I sure some will again tomorrow...then something is seriously wrong here

I think barring a catastrophe in pre season game part 2, we will see Cole and an imp lber at mac and Sam. 
 With Thomas I have no hope. I think our week 1 starting D will be

mcghee Nichols hallett holm ford 

kyrie moses cole

Habba thomas fox wj 

Not how I’d go, but I think that happens. I’d say petrishen and garbutt as DIs with that roster. 

It’s also strange we haven’t been playing holm in the pre season. I don’t get it second year guys need reps.