2024 Blue Bomber Training Camp

1 hour ago, wbbfan said:

Masoli prevented another blow out and turned it into one of the greatest gc games ever. 

yeah, respect for Masoli -- dude was solid in that game and gave us a scary run.  Rooting for him to have a ZC8-like comeback after all his injuries.  He's still on the Redblacks roster though he's not been rostered for any preseason action.  Only news I can find on him is that he's not fully recovered from his season-ender last year according to a guy on Reddit.  I think people here were saying that he was uniquely vulnerable to leg injuries cause he's a thick guy and leverage is a *****.

Tyrie Adams might be starting the season on the injured list too, if he doesn't get cut. He looked pretty good in his lone start last year for Ottawa -- hope he gets another shot there or elsewhere.

Ottawa has really cornered the market on promising but unproven CFL QBs.  Adams, Brown, Crum...

3 hours ago, Booch said:

I think we broke him....and his will to play

poor dude wound up in karma's way -- the Blue had a Boat Game to avenge.

ticats_boat_big.jpg

Edited by johnzo

29 minutes ago, johnzo said:

yeah, respect for Masoli -- dude was solid in that game and gave us a scary run.  Rooting for him to have a ZC8-like comeback after all his injuries.  He's still on the Redblacks roster though he's not been rostered for any preseason action.  Only news I can find on him is that he's not fully recovered from his season-ender last year according to a guy on Reddit.  I think people here were saying that he was uniquely vulnerable to leg injuries cause he's a thick guy and leverage is a *****.

Tyrie Adams might be starting the season on the injured list too, if he doesn't get cut. He looked pretty good in his lone start last year for Ottawa -- hope he gets another shot there or elsewhere.

Ottawa has really cornered the market on promising but unproven CFL QBs.  Adams, Brown, Crum...

ticats_boat_big.jpg

Just quoting this to say how much I love that Lund and Merc combo..... Whewwww. Gimme one.....

37 minutes ago, johnzo said:

ticats_boat_big.jpg

Totally. I’ve got a lot of respect for masoli. Sucks that he has such trouble now. It’s likely imo he would have ended up our qb if the Zach attack didn’t happen. 

10 minutes ago, Booch said:

Has to be by 10 p.m tonight I believe

That might be when they have to be in to league office, but also wouldn't shock me if the team took longer to announce it, just because that's what they do. Secretive about everything. I sorta figured we might find out this time tomorrow, but by Monday the Week 1 roster will be practicing together. 

20 hours ago, greenrider55 said:

Evans was awful in 2019, and in 2021 he wasn't any better. The best thing that happened to Hamilton that game was him getting injured. 

The Ti-Cats went 15-3 in 2019, and beat us twice, including a stinging defeat at home where Evans lit us up for 359 yards and 3 TD's.  He was playing pretty good football in 2019, but that ended after his pummeling in the Grey Cup.

Just now, kelownabomberfan said:

The Ti-Cats went 15-3 in 2019, and beat us twice, including a stinging defeat at home where Evans lit us up for 359 yards and 3 TD's.  He was playing pretty good football in 2019, but that ended after his pummeling in the Grey Cup.

Yeah Evans had a good season in 2019. To say otherwise is just insane... but the Bombers D broke him in that grey cup game. Like mentally Evans just never got it back together. People don't appreciate how dominant that playoff 2019 bomber D was. They had some key changes late in the year that pushed them over the top.

53 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

I think he was talking about the GC games specifically 

2 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

I hear through the grapevine that you're safe for another year.

oh man I better ramp it up a bit then....Mark has had it wayyyy to easy lately lol....

1 hour ago, Bigblue204 said:

I think he was talking about the GC games specifically 

Honestly, I still disagree under these conditions - Evans didn't play THAT badly in 2019, he just never even had a chance to set up.  Doug Flutie would have floundered too if he had Willie and Jeffcoat on him within two steamboats after every snap.  Not sure what happened to the Hamilton 0-line that game but they couldn't block a 90 year old coming at them in a walker.  Or maybe Willie and Jeffcoat were just THAT good.

Edited by kelownabomberfan

35 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

oh man I better ramp it up a bit then....Mark has had it wayyyy to easy lately lol....

Honestly, I still disagree under these conditions - Evans didn't play THAT badly in 2019, he just never even had a chance to set up.  Doug Flutie would have floundered too if he had Willie and Jeffcoat on him within two steamboats after every snap.  Not sure what happened to the Hamilton 0-line that game but they couldn't block a 90 year old coming at them in a walker.  Or maybe Willie and Jeffcoat were just THAT good.

They were that good. But Hamilton also used a lot of extra blockers during the regular season giving them the illusion of a good oline....they had the MOOL out there and without help he was embarrassed time and time again.

22 hours ago, johnzo said:

ticats_boat_big.jpg

I do wonder that, if Masoli has still not healed after all this time, whether he is done for.

24 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Does anyone follow blue bomber chatter on Facebook or is someone running that who posts on here. Cuz I’m thinking no. I’ve never seen a more ridiculous group. These people have no clue. They think that was the starters last night. 

Stay off there... I'm always telling my wife to avoid it. It's a lot of the same people as The Extra Point, actually. Strong belief that we need Dakota Prukop to be our 3rd stringer.... Because reasons....

55 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

KBF- I didn't know you were in that game.

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

Stay off there... I'm always telling my wife to avoid it. It's a lot of the same people as The Extra Point, actually. Strong belief that we need Dakota Prukop to be our 3rd stringer.... Because reasons....

Yeah I’m gonna unfollow. It’s just like the Jets facebook. Just dummy’s… yeah. Lots of those folks look like they eat corn the long way. 

Edited by Goalie

If pre season matters, mcghee should be cut. Mitchell also. Think Johnson might be that 5th guy. Only receiver other than Sy Barnett who did much.  I wonder if they consider Cdn ford on corner plus Kramdi or J Kelly starting on D plus our 6 cdns on O and go all American DL.  Yes I know that’s 8 but it’s Osh and the bombers. They will start more than they have to cuz they feel they can. I’m curious who this years pointless positional player and only 6 DL dressing cuz of it will be. Who sucked the worst in your view.  He’s making it. lol.  

Edited by Goalie

5 hours ago, kelownabomberfan said:

so, we going to see some cuts today?

Hopefully a few trinkle in. You could go on that hell hole twitter or X to see what guys are saying probably but I’ll bet tomorrow 

Ideally we see a couple “surprise “ cuts also. I mean one could dream or hope right. Mcghee would be a surprise to me. 

Edited by Goalie