2024 Blue Bomber Training Camp

47 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Mcghee was awful. Both games. He can not earn a spot over some of the other guys.

Ten bucks he's penciled in as the starter...cause he was here last yr..and that's how Osh likes to roll

But I agree...he showed nothing...don't see it...I also don't like the fact Tait keeps yammering on about starters not dressed/projected this yr and keeps saying Thomas...was he told that..gets that vibe from talking with Osh? None the less...it's a less than comforting comment constantly...

We saw what I guy like Adam's and what he did without being in game shape yet..and terrorized the stamps...can just imagine a fat..and out of game shape Thomas in the middle..doing nothing...jogging and trotting up to the end of the play after its over...no explosion...athleticism...pursuit...hungry aggression...just a sickening foreshadowing but I bet we see it Thursday 

24 minutes ago, Booch said:

Ten bucks he's penciled in as the starter...cause he was here last yr..and that's how Osh likes to roll

But I agree...he showed nothing...don't see it...I also don't like the fact Tait keeps yammering on about starters not dressed/projected this yr and keeps saying Thomas...was he told that..gets that vibe from talking with Osh? None the less...it's a less than comforting comment constantly...

We saw what I guy like Adam's and what he did without being in game shape yet..and terrorized the stamps...can just imagine a fat..and out of game shape Thomas in the middle..doing nothing...jogging and trotting up to the end of the play after its over...no explosion...athleticism...pursuit...hungry aggression...just a sickening foreshadowing but I bet we see it Thursday 

We often seem to start out with the right guys to fill holes on the wrong end of the roster. 

we have no excuse for not having a dominant front in week 1. we could probably make 2 damn good starting front 6 line ups with the guys we have. 

Mcghee cutshank and a few others should’ve been sent packing before the game was over. 

If any thing, I’d rather vets go super easy in tc and play pre season. Not the other way around. 

3 minutes ago, Colin Unger said:

Winnipeg and BC should be fined for not adhering the same deadline as the rest of the league

They all had to have the roster moves into the league by a certain time tonight (9pm. IIRC).  When they announce the moves publically is up to them.

Just now, Colin Unger said:

How is that? The deadline was 10pm was it not? 

Well first of all, the deadline is 10 pm local time for each team so BC has just over a half hour to still make their decisions

Secondly, the deadline isn’t to announce them. It’s to file them with the league. So the Bombers have already made their cuts. They submit them late so that they don’t end up processed on the transaction wire until the next day, as do a few other teams whether it’s on purpose or not. Teams announce them at their own discretion, the Bombers choose to announce them the day after.

1 hour ago, Mike said:

Well first of all, the deadline is 10 pm local time for each team so BC has just over a half hour to still make their decisions

Secondly, the deadline isn’t to announce them. It’s to file them with the league. So the Bombers have already made their cuts. They submit them late so that they don’t end up processed on the transaction wire until the next day, as do a few other teams whether it’s on purpose or not. Teams announce them at their own discretion, the Bombers choose to announce them the day after.

You'd think maybe its the slight competitive advantage - now other teams have 1 less day to pick up a guy from our TC they liked that could be cut loose and integrate them.  OR they now have 1 less day to gameplan for playing against player X on our roster in one of our open position battles prior to week 1... 

...but at the same time, we're the last team in the league to try and game the system and utilize every inch of advantage (ie starting extra Canadians for the heck of it, refusing to use the naturalized Canadian spot), so it doesn't make sense that we'd be so concerned with any advantage to announcing cuts.

Most likely its what everyone has already suggested - we're just too "loyal" and don't like airing our business out until all the hurt feelings have been addressed internally.

what about fan loyalty? the blue have the best fans in the  league ... friday nite was complete dis respect for the entertainment value of the loyalists in the stands, treating "the game" as another practice   ... there is contempt for managements picky self service

what is the non loyalist cost of zero competitive entertainment for the season ticket holders and their wallets?

5 hours ago, BigBlue said:

what about fan loyalty? the blue have the best fans in the  league ... friday nite was complete dis respect for the entertainment value of the loyalists in the stands, treating "the game" as another practice   ... there is contempt for managements picky self service

what is the non loyalist cost of zero competitive entertainment for the season ticket holders and their wallets?

What is the fan loyalty cost - of not using preseason to properly evaluate talent? 

Its never gonna happen, but for fans, it would be great if O'Shea came out and said why they kept player "x" over players "y" and "Z". The explanations would not have to be an evisceration of the departed players, but would give fans insights into the team and the thinking of the coaches. That ought to engage the fans more.