2024 Predictions Thread

I’ve never started one or a GTD, fresh karma. 
Not a lot of hot takes but here we go..

West 

Bombers 12-6

BC 11-7

Sask 10-8

Edmonton 8-10

Calgary 4-14

East

Hamilton 12-6

Montreal 11-7

Toronto 9-9

Ottawa 4-14

Bombers still top dogs. I expect the games to look pretty similar to last year. 

We all hate Sask but they’re unfortunately never as bad as we think.
They and BC could be interchangeable at 2/3.

Edmonton improves but Jones will do enough dumb things to keep them out of the playoffs again.

Calgary will be close to folding after the season. They’re screwed big time imo. They’ll be lucky to win 4 games. 

Hamilton starts slow but finishes strong and wins the east. 

Toronto plays good D but not enough for a playoff victory.

Montreal more of the same, without the luck of teams shitting themselves against them. 

Ottawa ruins Dru Brown and they play musical QBs all year again. 

WSF BC over Sask 

WF Bombers over BC again

ESF Montreal over Toronto

EF Hamilton over Montreal 

GC- I’m not jinxing that

Edited by JohnnyAbonny

41 minutes ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

I’ve never started one or a GTD, fresh karma. 
Not a lot of hot takes but here we go..

West 

Bombers 12-6

BC 11-7

Sask 10-8

Edmonton 8-10

Calgary 4-14

East

Hamilton 12-6

Montreal 11-7

Toronto 9-9

Ottawa 4-14

Bombers still top dogs. I expect the games to look pretty similar to last year. 

We all hate Sask but they’re unfortunately never as bad as we think.
They and BC could be interchangeable at 2/3.

Edmonton improves but Jones will do enough dumb things to keep them out of the playoffs again.

Calgary will be close to folding after the season. They’re screwed big time imo. They’ll be lucky to win 4 games. 

Hamilton starts slow but finishes strong and wins the east. 

Toronto plays good D but not enough for a playoff victory.

Montreal more of the same, without the luck of teams shitting themselves against them. 

Ottawa ruins Dru Brown and they play musical QBs all year again. 

WSF BC over Sask 

WF Bombers over BC again

ESF Montreal over Toronto

EF Hamilton over Montreal 

GC- I’m not jinxing that

Calgary way better than you think. Might finish second. Sask worse than you think. Don't be fooled by pre season. 

That's all I've got. Oh, and not a hot take but our season will be determined by health. Injury big seems to have hit hard and hit early this year. Hoping that's not a sign of things to come. If our core pieces play most or all of the season, we'll be alright. 

35 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Calgary way better than you think. Might finish second. Sask worse than you think. Don't be fooled by pre season. 

That's all I've got. Oh, and not a hot take but our season will be determined by health. Injury big seems to have hit hard and hit early this year. Hoping that's not a sign of things to come. If our core pieces play most or all of the season, we'll be alright. 

I can't see Calgary being any good.

Both Sask and Edmonton have clearer paths to success, imo. 

41 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

I think people are sleeping on the Riders. If Harris can stay healthy I think they made enough improvements to compete.

?? What improvements have they made? Do tell. In order to improve a team must recognize where it's problems are and I see nothing that would lead me to believe they have improved their weaknesses other than coaching.

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

I'm not sure on Calgary, as I have not been looking at their roster all that much, but I agree with you on Saskatchewan. 

30 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

?? What improvements have they made? Do tell. In order to improve a team must recognize where it's problems are and I see nothing that would lead me to believe they have improved their weaknesses other than coaching.

They should have a viable running game if the O-line can block properly, that would take some of the heat off Harris who has been forced to pass almost every down much of his career.

Edited by Fatty Liver

Wpg - don’t think it’s close 

BC - just based on how bad the other 3 are 

Sask - the best of the rest 

Calgary 

Edmonton 

Montreal - feel 9 wins gets 1st here  

Hamilton 

Toronto 

Ottawa. 

Edited by Goalie

1 hour ago, GCn20 said:

TO BE honest the only real improvement I see is the Oullette for Morrow...Yosh is better than what they had....but is on serious decline and I bet he doesnt stay healthy this yr.

The rest of that oline is a collection of turds from last yr, and a whatever recruits they picked up...whichhistoryhas shown are awful an Scevoiur....Don't see that line gelling into a cohesive unti...let alone a dominant one

They still have Harris....who won't bring hyou to the promised land, and likely is hurt again, and the defence there....will be adequate perhaps, but don't see it dragging them to a few wins they shouldnt have got due to minimal Offensive out put....thats my take there until proven otherwise

33 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

Knowing who Calgary's management team is, I would expect them to add new pieces and be better this year. 

I bet CGY surprises many...and will battle B.C when all said and done for 2nd/3rd...I think with Sask/edm it's all about who suffers the least injuries....The Elks def have some players there to succeed

3 minutes ago, Booch said:

TO BE honest the only real improvement I see is the Oullette for Morrow...Yosh is better than what they had....but is on serious decline and I bet he doesnt stay healthy this yr.

The rest of that oline is a collection of turds from last yr, and a whatever recruits they picked up...whichhistoryhas shown are awful an Scevoiur....Don't see that line gelling into a cohesive unti...let alone a dominant one

They still have Harris....who won't bring hyou to the promised land, and likely is hurt again, and the defence there....will be adequate perhaps, but don't see it dragging them to a few wins they shouldnt have got due to minimal Offensive out put....thats my take there until proven otherwise

I bet CGY surprises many...and will battle B.C when all said and done for 2nd/3rd...I think with Sask/edm it's all about who suffers the least injuries....The Elks def have some players there to succeed

I see zero improvement on their defence, in fact, it looks weaker to me. That was their achilles last year and will be again....and does anyone think that a faberge egg 40 year old QB survives the season? 

Edited by GCn20

If I’m Sask I’m a bit concerned Edmonton put up over 400 yards of O on my D. Yes pre season but still. That was Edmonton’s 1st game and Saskatchewans last. Id be concerned 

Edited by Goalie

8 minutes ago, Goalie said:

If I’m Sask I’m a bit concerned Edmonton put up over 400 yards of O on my D. Yes pre season but still. That was Edmonton’s 1st game and Saskatchewans last. Id be concerned 

I believe they also barely put up 200 themselves...or just over

West

1. Bombers 12-6

2. Lions 10-8

3. Riders 9-9

4. Stamps 7-11

5. Elks 5-13

East

1. Ticats 11-7

2. Argos 10-8

3. Alouettes 9-9

4. Redblacks 7-11

Who wins is a crapshoot. There wasn’t a single human in the world last year who picked Montreal to win the Grey Cup before the season started.

I for one am grateful that Dickenson is gone, and that will hold me over for a while.

4 hours ago, GCn20 said:

4 hours ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

I mean, Hardrick and Ouellette are two big ones.

Agreed, those two alone have really improved the offense. Offense and coaching (so much so for coaching) were their Achilles heel last year- I wouldn't be surprised to see them challenging for second in the West. 

5 hours ago, Booch said:

I don’t know, they could have a decent D I guess but I think McCheese is the worst starting QB in the league. Once teams take away their running game, I just don’t see that offence being able to keep up with anybody. 

As far as the Riders go, coaching alone should garner them a couple more wins than last year, and I don’t see them being particularly worse in any area.
They have a fairly solid receiver corps, and the Mace D will be average at worst imo.

Harris isn’t going to win them a championship or anything but I see them as being above both Alberta teams right now. Solid middle tier team imo. 

55 minutes ago, JohnnyAbonny said:

I don’t know, they could have a decent D I guess but I think McCheese is the worst starting QB in the league. Once teams take away their running game, I just don’t see that offence being able to keep up with anybody.  

But that's just it.  Outside of Winnipeg, who has a decent offense?

The league is filled with so-so offensive lines and average at best QB play