Upper Deck Now Obstructed View Seating

With the addition of the new Ring of Honour and Grey Cup Championship signage, the signs are not flush with the concrete rim but are about a foot higher. I have front row seats and instead of seeing the bench from my seat, I now can barely see the field numbers unless I lean forward. The bench and sideline hashmarks are out of my line of sight. My wife can only see half the field if she sits properly in her seat. The engineers did not think this one through when they put up the framing beams. Expect a bunch of complainant calls to the Bomber office after the game. Every fan I spoke to in the upper deck area around me is not happy. Fix should be easy enough. Lower the signage to be flush with the concrete rim, or raise every seat in the upper deck 5 inches, like they did at Canada Life Centre when the new loge seating blocked the view. 

I am in row 1 and am pissed. It cuts out a chunk of the field and I can't see the sideline any longer. 

Fan Services says they're doing something about it. It better not be a 50% off coupon for hot dogs. 

Furthermore, it means I have to lean over quite a bit and I block at least two rows behind me when I do. 

18 minutes ago, JCon said:

I am in row 1 and am pissed. It cuts out a chunk of the field and I can't see the sideline any longer. 

Fan Services says they're doing something about it. It better not be a 50% off coupon for hot dogs. 

Furthermore, it means I have to lean over quite a bit and I block at least two rows behind me when I do. 

Adult Booster Seat Cushion/Car Cushions for ShortPeople/Effectively  Increase The Field of View by 12cm/4.7in,Back Fatigue Relief Chair Cushion  Angle Lift Big Cushion/Grey, 17.7inx15.7inx4.7in : Amazon.ca: Home

They're offering 20% off adult booster seats.

2 hours ago, Fatty Liver said:

Adult Booster Seat Cushion/Car Cushions for ShortPeople/Effectively  Increase The Field of View by 12cm/4.7in,Back Fatigue Relief Chair Cushion  Angle Lift Big Cushion/Grey, 17.7inx15.7inx4.7in : Amazon.ca: Home

They're offering 20% off adult booster seats.

That wouldn't surprise me.  ;)

The Bombers are pretty responsive to their fans. They can reweld the signs. I expect them to make this right and take it as an oversight. 

Dear JCon ,

We dropped the ball: the new Ring of Honour and Grey Cup tributes at the 200 level were misaligned, obstructing your view. No excuses – we're on it.

Immediate action is underway to lower these signs and restore your clear sightlines. However, the clock is against us and the fix won't be completed for the upcoming June 6th game.

Your game day experience is our top priority. To thank you for your patience while we correct this issue and acknowledging that your sightlines will have been impacted for the preseason game and the home opener, we are providing you with an account credit that is equal to the full value of your tickets for this Thursday’s game. If your account is paid in full for this season, you can use this credit for future ticket purchases, your 2025 membership renewal, or the 2025 Grey Cup. This credit will be applied to your account by June 15th.

Thank you for your understanding and patience as we hustle to make things right.

Go Bombers,

original.png?1717441886

Wade Miller

President and CEO

Winnipeg Football Club

I'm satisfied with this. Best resolution. The Bombers are undefeated with their customer service. 

8 minutes ago, JCon said:

Dear JCon ,

We dropped the ball: the new Ring of Honour and Grey Cup tributes at the 200 level were misaligned, obstructing your view. No excuses – we're on it.

Immediate action is underway to lower these signs and restore your clear sightlines. However, the clock is against us and the fix won't be completed for the upcoming June 6th game.

Your game day experience is our top priority. To thank you for your patience while we correct this issue and acknowledging that your sightlines will have been impacted for the preseason game and the home opener, we are providing you with an account credit that is equal to the full value of your tickets for this Thursday’s game. If your account is paid in full for this season, you can use this credit for future ticket purchases, your 2025 membership renewal, or the 2025 Grey Cup. This credit will be applied to your account by June 15th.

Thank you for your understanding and patience as we hustle to make things right.

Go Bombers,

original.png?1717441886

Wade Miller

President and CEO

Winnipeg Football Club

I'm satisfied with this. Best resolution. The Bombers are undefeated with their customer service. 

I knew Wade and the rest of them lurked here!  How else would he know to address the email to "JCon"? 😂

59 minutes ago, JCon said:

Dear JCon ,

Go Bombers,

original.png?1717441886

Wade Miller

President and CEO

Winnipeg Football Club

That is phenomenal accountability by the Bombers. True North: are you listening?

1 hour ago, Booch said:

shows where the culture and the direction the team as a whole wanted to go starts right at the top....not several rungs down

Nothing short of amazing! What other organization, pro-sport or otherwise is this responsive?

24 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

You're obviously lying, there's no threats about moving the team if you don't give them .ore money anywhere in that letter.

He didn't quote the PS:

You better renew or we're moving to Phoenix. They have an opening now. 

17 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

I'm in a Day 1 group for the Jets and we had to wait 9 years to move our seats....our ticket rep told us multiple times we could give up our tickets and they'd gladly keep our deposit and find someone else to pay for them more than once.

Basic communication with them was so disrespectful to the point of being unbelievable.

Obviously taking care of the fan on the street is nowhere near an actual priority (other than providing easy access to over-priced alcohol, food and team merch) as the fan is not their direct and best revenue generator.

Ticket sales by the fan on the street is still a necessity for the CFL.   

2 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Obviously taking care of the fan on the street is nowhere near an actual priority (other than providing easy access to over-priced alcohol, food and team merch) as the fan is not their direct and best revenue generator.

Ticket sales by the fan on the street is still a necessity for the CFL.   

I'm not sure that's true though.  The core NHL revenue is getting $250-$500 out of every seat in the rink each night.  And even more for the Jets with a smaller rink.

They just thought they had such high demand that they could piss on their fans and they'd thank them for it.