Blue Bombers Cuts Discussion

38 minutes ago, Jesse said:

And Cole in for Kramdi.

U just assuming Kramdi is there...And even so...Cole took reps there last yr...I get it you think Kramdi is the bees knees...but  Wilson..Gauthier...Cole trio where Gauthier is more situational and rotated in and out is far superior to Wilson in the middle...Cole at wil and Kramdi at SAM...unless averagely adequate with 2 out of position guys is your idea of ideal

39 minutes ago, Noeller said:

This is exactly what i was thinking but didn't want to internet fight about it...

Peas in a pod u two thumbs upping and agreeing lol

"It’s easy to understand why so many people are bullish on the club given that its veteran core from last season remains mostly intact"

I am taking just a glimmer of hope that we have not done anything stupid or disastrous in the preseason and are very close to having THE right people. Yes I'm putting it in the Negatron phraseology.

Stated in its opposite, I think we done good. We are down to very few "aging – out" problems and they are easy to identify. As for all our newbies it just feels like this is the most changes we have made in half a decade.
The only identifiable huge problem we have is our kicking game. I don't think we can "handle it internally"! We gotta go find some one, (or two, or three.)

I expect Montréal will be more ready to go on Thursday night then we will be. At least we will have well rested enthusiasm!

And we have a score to settle…

Edited by BigBlue

24 minutes ago, do or die said:

Will be interesting.....just not a lot of experience in this opening day D-lineup

That’s an interesting point. I think having the guys like biggie and ba around even if they don’t play the rookies should be up to speed. 

6 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

If Montreal shows up with the same scheme with max protection for CoFaj I hope that our new D coordinator can read that quickly and make adjustments, rather than just throwing the house at it and failing continually, as we saw in the GC.

Also need to let the new DL guys know how Fajardo loves that blind spin move when being pressured. Drives me nuts when he gets away, knowing that he was going to do that.

5 minutes ago, bigg jay said:

Also need to let the new DL guys know how Fajardo loves that blind spin move when being pressured. Drives me nuts when he gets away, knowing that he was going to do that.

yes, 20 minutes in the film room should give them all they need to know.  CoFaj is indeed a one-trick pony.

46 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

That’s an interesting point. I think having the guys like biggie and ba around even if they don’t play the rookies should be up to speed. 

So either it's not enough experience in the lineup, or too much experience because O'Shea doesn't play anyone new? 

1 hour ago, Booch said:

U just assuming Kramdi is there...And even so...Cole took reps there last yr...I get it you think Kramdi is the bees knees...but  Wilson..Gauthier...Cole trio where Gauthier is more situational and rotated in and out is far superior to Wilson in the middle...Cole at wil and Kramdi at SAM...unless averagely adequate with 2 out of position guys is your idea of ideaL

What is this a change from if not the starting positions from last year?

1 minute ago, brett_c_b said:

So either it's not enough experience in the lineup, or too much experience because O'Shea doesn't play anyone new? 

Nope not at all. 

Just now, Jesse said:

What is this a change from if not the starting positions from last year?

Role vs position. He started about half the season too. Parker did that before and not since. Happens frequently at db in the cfl. 

8 minutes ago, kelownabomberfan said:

Now you are learning grasshopper...

Except like I said you benefit as much from having those guys around the team as ahead of young guys, and that is a normal Stage in turn over.  Plus defensive players translate to the cfl quickly. 
 You are always either working on getting guys more experience or getting younger. That’s pro sports. 

13 hours ago, wbbfan said:

Except like I said you benefit as much from having those guys around the team as ahead of young guys, and that is a normal Stage in turn over.  Plus defensive players translate to the cfl quickly. 
 You are always either working on getting guys more experience or getting younger. That’s pro sports. 

I wouldn't hate it if Bighill has an extended stay on the IL... provide leadership and mentorship to the new comers... and saves the Bombers on player cap and coaching cap... win-win 

2 minutes ago, bearpants said:

I wouldn't hate it if Bighill has an extended stay on the IL... provide leadership and mentorship to the new comers... and saves the Bombers on player cap and coaching cap... win-win 

Agree. That might be the best case scenario for him this year. I think Biggie is another bomber destined to become an ast coach. Though I'm not entirely sure how we will work him in with stanley being the LB and analytics coach currently. Maybe Hall retires and makes a spot, or maybe bourgoin takes over RBs to go along with Wrs. 

15 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

Agree. That might be the best case scenario for him this year. I think Biggie is another bomber destined to become an ast coach. Though I'm not entirely sure how we will work him in with stanley being the LB and analytics coach currently. Maybe Hall retires and makes a spot, or maybe bourgoin takes over RBs to go along with Wrs. 

I don't know if Bighill's future is in coaching... given is strong ties/career in the financial industry... but I'd bet he'll want to be part of the team in some capacity for the 2025 season and the home grey cup