Blue Bombers Cuts Discussion

Just now, BigBlueFanatic said:

Glad, relieved even that Adams made the AR.  Gemmel the only surviving LB and he just made the practice roster.  All the great linebacker prospects Petrishen, Moses and Tre Thomas cut.  What a god damned shame.  Upshaw and Chris Smith too. Sigh.

Michael Ayers made the roster

1 minute ago, BigBlueFanatic said:

Glad, relieved even that Adams made the AR.  Gemmel the only surviving LB and he just made the practice roster.  All the great linebacker prospects Petrishen, Moses and Tre Thomas cut.  What a god damned shame.  Upshaw and Chris Smith too. Sigh.

Ayers made active, Gemmel PS. Shocked Tre Thomas didn't stick around. 

Never saw it with Petrishen the way others did on here. Thought he looked the part but didn't play the part.

Assume they would've kept Moses but he got hurt early in the game

1 minute ago, bluedawg said:

Probably to save the cap space. 1 game contracts count against the cap. 

6 game IL does not count against the cap in comparison

Yeah, I know how it works lol 

Just now, bluedawg said:

Ayers made active, Gemmel PS. Shocked Tre Thomas didn't stick around. 

Never saw it with Petrishen the way others did on here. Thought he looked the part but didn't play the part.

Assume they would've kept Moses but he got hurt early in the game

IMO Moses was bottom of the American LB's.

Thomas is one I thought they'd keep for sure.  But maybe he refused PR spot.

Knew they'd keep Gemmel.  Think he's a guy who will be in the league for awhile.

Just now, Mike said:

Yeah, I know how it works lol 

You asked and I answered 😉

No need to 1-game a player who isn't a vet when another team isn't going to sign them while they're injured. That would just be throwing money away

Just now, bluedawg said:

No need to 1-game a player who isn't a vet when another team isn't going to sign them while they're injured. That would just be throwing money away

We throw that minuscule amount of money away all the times. There’s value to it.

Just now, bluedawg said:

Gotta save that league minimum cash. Fun way to pretend smith will be back when he won’t be. 

Just now, BigBlueFanatic said:

Forgot about him. Any thoughts on Ayers vs the others who got cut?  Noticed Thomas and Petrishen more, but maybe earlier in the games before the defense got worn out.

All the backers showed well imo. I think the reason Ayer’s made the cut over the rest is he looked good on teams too. 

I’m sure more moves are coming to set up the week 1 roster. Not excited about our kr situation. 

The biggest cut I don’t like is rosery. Couple others really don’t make sense either. 

1 minute ago, Mike said:

We throw that minuscule amount of money away all the times. There’s value to it.

I don't think that's true at all. Every decision is very calculated by the Bombers, including not releasing cuts, depth charts or injury reports until as late as possible to not give any advantage to other teams around the league.

If Chris Smith was a serious injury he probably would've been 6-gamed. But also maybe not because then he'd have veteran status in the league. Being on the one game gives players an accrued game. Teams value trying to keep players on rookie status so they don't have to be on the hook in case of injury.

Not putting Chris Smith on 1-game if the injury isn't serious and bringing him back when he's healthy feels like a no-brainer. Probably a 1-3 week injury and they said let's bite the bullet.

3 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

All the backers showed well imo. I think the reason Ayer’s made the cut over the rest is he looked good on teams too. 

I’m sure more moves are coming to set up the week 1 roster. Not excited about our kr situation. 

The biggest cut I don’t like is rosery. Couple others really don’t make sense either. 

Thought for sure Rosery would be moved to the PR as the future replacement for Augustine.

Just now, Goalie said:

On the downside we are gonna be starting 9 Canadians I bet. 

10 if Shayne starts while Biggie is hurt (probably happens, they never trust rookie Americans to start Week 1)

3 OL, 2 WR, Brady, Thomas (will start no matter what Oshea for some reason has the biggest hard on for him), Redha, Ford, Gauthier

I would expect Brian Cole will play more than Gauthier but Gauthier will start until Bighill is back

My overly optimistic game day roster for D is 

habba/garbutt Adams fox wj with woods scratched Thomas to ir and the two Canadians backing up at dt 

kyrie/ayers gemmel Cole Canadians tanner max and Shayne back up

Bridges nichols Kelly holm ford back ups bond kramdi hallett 

I’m kind of sick that mcghee made the ar. I suspect  he will start but if he does teams are gonna go at him hard