Blue Bombers Cuts Discussion

1 minute ago, Fatty Liver said:

Most likely to be Wilson with Cole moving to WIL, nothing wrong with that.

Some of you live in fantasy land. It will be gauthier.  It was gauthier the minute bighill got hurt.  Just like pretending smith will be brought back. It’s just fantasy land. He was cut. Gauthier is our middle linebacker guaranteed. 

Edited by Goalie

2 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

Well at least our problems with linebackers got worse than last year. Huzzah!

I’m not sure if gauthier is any worse than bighill tho. That’s the thing. It just annoys me I see a path to 9 Canadian starters. It’s what I called yesterday. They will start more cdns than they need to because O’Shea is just that way. Wonder how much say a buck or younger have. Hopefully lots. I hope it’s not O’Shea making the decisions. 

Edited by Goalie

Just now, BigBlueFanatic said:

Keeping McGhee at all is a head scratcher but as others have said he may have been one of the few dbs to accept a PR spot.  Thought he Roc Carmichael’d his way through both preseason games… not impressed.

I think McGhee came into camp thinking he had to step up. Was looking into the backfield too often and got burnt. Coaches have likely seen enough of him that there's something there. 2nd year player has some experience in case the rooks falter

28 minutes ago, bluedawg said:

Sounds like 3 American DEs (Willie, Haba Garbutt) and 3 American DTs (Fox, Woods, Adams) which is so much american DL talent. None on the PR all on active? Wild

I believe the active roster includes the dev roster which are players who don't dress but we protect.

4 minutes ago, Goalie said:

I’m not sure if gauthier is any worse than bighill tho. That’s the thing. It just annoys me I see a path to 9 Canadian starters. It’s what I called yesterday. They will start more cdns than they need to because O’Shea is just that way. Wonder how much say a buck or younger have. Hopefully lots. I hope it’s not O’Shea making the decisions. 

Hands down better unless biggie is 100% 

honestly we are much better with gauthier at mac and the imp dts than any of the imp lbers and jake playing a lot of snaps. 

Gauthier for game 1 makes sense. Heck, he's a decent enough player. 6 games in is when I would expect some of the rookies to get better acclamated. Then we will see. Gemmel was my pick for who stood out the most. I wonder if they take a look at Moses later when he's healthy. But otherwise I'm a bit surprised they didn't keep around Petrishen. And I don't really know anything about these global linebackers.

4 minutes ago, Colin Unger said:

I believe the active roster includes the dev roster which are players who don't dress but we protect.

1 minute ago, BBlink said:

?? Dev roster? Is this new? 

Same… you mean guys continuously getting scratched… but earning bigger cheques than the PR guys?  What?

Just now, BBlink said:

Gauthier for game 1 makes sense. Heck, he's a decent enough player. 6 games in is when I would expect some of the rookies to get better acclamated. Then we will see. Gemmel was my pick for who stood out the most. I wonder if they take a look at Moses later when he's healthy. But otherwise I'm a bit surprised they didn't keep around Petrishen. And I don't really know anything about these global linebackers.

I'm surprised they kept the British one.  He looked like a random high school player thrown out there.

I’m sure it includes the 4 man group but don’t believe it’s a developmental thing.  Isn’t it just 4 guys who don’t dress but get a check still. But If say a guy gets hurt hours b4 the game, 1 of those 4 dudes could replace him on the AR 

Edited by Goalie

3 minutes ago, JuranBoldenRules said:

I'm surprised they kept the British one.  He looked like a random high school player thrown out there.

Who is the british one?! 

I thought it was two German guys