Blue Bombers Cuts Discussion

Just now, bluedawg said:

Who is the british one?! 

I thought it was two German guys

Lucky OG

Just now, Colin Unger said:

Did they get rid of the dev roster or something?  I remember when they brought it in and don't remember when they got rid of it.

Are you having a fever dream? I genuinely don’t remember anything like this ever. 

do you mean the gameday scratches? 

Lucky OG, I thought he did well on specials. Also saw him playing DE and beat Calgary's starting OT on one play. I think he's a sleeper to be a legitimate contributor next season

Edited by bluedawg

From ChatGTP

"Yes, the Canadian Football League (CFL) used to have something called a developmental roster. The developmental roster was a list of additional players that teams could keep beyond their regular roster limits. These players were typically younger or less experienced individuals who were considered to have potential for future development. The purpose of the developmental roster was to allow teams to retain and develop promising talent without those players occupying spots on the main roster.

The specific rules and number of spots allocated for the developmental roster could vary over time, and the concept itself might have been adjusted or renamed as the league evolved.

The concept of a developmental roster in the CFL was officially introduced in 1995. This was part of the league's efforts to foster and develop young talent by allowing teams to keep a set number of additional players who did not count against the main roster limit. The developmental roster provided a space for younger or less experienced players to grow and improve their skills with the team while not being part of the active game-day roster."

My God was it that long ago when it was brought in?  That's one year before ourbombers.com went live. 

Jamal Woods. Now again, I was more focused on my beer than the game at times. I can see why they kept him. #91 was making a lot of plays out there. He's listed as a DT but I believe he was playing a lot of DE in the game. We will need that. We can't have 5 million defensive tackles.

1 minute ago, Colin Unger said:

From ChatGTP

"Yes, the Canadian Football League (CFL) used to have something called a developmental roster. The developmental roster was a list of additional players that teams could keep beyond their regular roster limits. These players were typically younger or less experienced individuals who were considered to have potential for future development. The purpose of the developmental roster was to allow teams to retain and develop promising talent without those players occupying spots on the main roster.

The specific rules and number of spots allocated for the developmental roster could vary over time, and the concept itself might have been adjusted or renamed as the league evolved.

The concept of a developmental roster in the CFL was officially introduced in 1995. This was part of the league's efforts to foster and develop young talent by allowing teams to keep a set number of additional players who did not count against the main roster limit. The developmental roster provided a space for younger or less experienced players to grow and improve their skills with the team while not being part of the active game-day roster."

My God was it that long ago when it was brought in?  That's one year before ourbombers.com went live. 

Sounds like the start of dementia to me dude. 

1 minute ago, Colin Unger said:

From ChatGTP

That is the practice roster you quoted. Don't under.any circumstance ever quote ChatGPT for facts.

5 minutes ago, BBlink said:

We legitimately have 10 defensive linemen on the AR

Fox, Adams, Thomas, Schmekel, Samson, Lawson, Garbutt, Jefferson, Woods, Haba.

Lawson is for sure hurt. Garbutt probably too. Gotta think there's at least one other that's going to the IR. Thomas? 

I also think we’re signing Bennett

Don't like the fact we have no returner....especially after dumping Janarion ....Maybe Smith hangs around but until then, I think we can count on starting deep in our end.....I don't remember Mitchell being talked about being the return guy or returning a punt in the preseason...Lots of gambling with that position going on here

Just now, Stickem said:

Don't like the fact we have no returner....especially after dumping Janarion ....Maybe Smith hangs around but until then, I think we can count on starting deep in our end.....I don't remember Mitchell being talked about being the return guy or returning a punt in the preseason...Lots of gambling with that position going on here

There are quite a few options. Bonds, Mitchell can both do it. We’ll probably send Augustine out there though. 

1 minute ago, Atomic said:

Projected depth chart:

USsqCNo.png

I think Wilson will mostly be in the middle.  But Gauthier will play lots too.  Basically only need 1-2 Canadians on the field on D any given down.  So should see lots of the American guys out there in different roles too....Bridges and Ayers, DL can rotate pretty freely if Ford is an every down player.

Just now, JuranBoldenRules said:

I think Wilson will mostly be in the middle.  But Gauthier will play lots too.  Basically only need 1-2 Canadians on the field on D any given down.  So should see lots of the American guys out there in different roles too....Bridges and Ayers, DL can rotate pretty freely if Ford is an every down player.

Yeah I'm not sure what's going to happen in the secondary. Can Kelly back up Ford at corner? With the way the roster is constructed it kinda looks like we might start 4 American DBs and Ford plays the dimeback role.

Wilson at MLB and Ayers at WLB would be nice.