Blue Bombers Cuts Discussion

3 minutes ago, Stickem said:

yeah.... to be fair you really can't judge his game properly until he's behind max protection....Certainly looks like he's got talent

He seems like he’s a smart QB. Like he gets the CFL. In pre season 1 it looked like it slowed down for him. In 2. Not so much but not lots of help either. Not sure these guys were actually put in the best position to succeed honestly. 

1 hour ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

I would take Derek Taylor’s depth chart with a grain of salt. Those ten Canadian “starters” I feel comfortable with in a variety of different roles. I think our NI depth gives us a lot of different options, one thing that looks apparent based on the final roster which is getting me excited is that it looks like there’s going to be a heavy DL rotation, a receipt for our success in 2019 and 2021. I see the majority of our Canadians starting on the offensive side of the ball, and having a mix of Kramadi, Ford, Thomas, Gauthier in more of a rotational role. The only Canadian on defense I see as a full time starter is Ford and maybe at times Kramidi. 

Key thing/word....Non Import depth.....On defence save for Ford none of our non import depth should be taking more than 40% snaps in a game at their position, now that Lawson is out long term....which is a shame.

3 minutes ago, Booch said:

Key thing/word....Non Import depth.....On defence save for Ford none of our non import depth should be taking more than 40% snaps in a game at their position, now that Lawson is out long term....which is a shame.

I think we’re going to have a lot of looks on the defensive side of the ball. There’s going to be a heavy rotation I believe.  Even a Jake a Thomas is serviceable as long as he’s in and out. 

5 minutes ago, Arnold_Palmer said:

I think we’re going to have a lot of looks on the defensive side of the ball. There’s going to be a heavy rotation I believe.  Even a Jake a Thomas is serviceable as long as he’s in and out. 

I'd say Schmeck is more serviceable....and that takes a lot for me to pump his tires until he proves me 100 percent otherwise.

Thomas is not the future here...nor the now...and trotting him out there really is a waste of a spot, for either develping a new guy somewhere...or allowing a guy already somewhat established to really hone his game...His "vet" leadership isnt required...we have tons of vets....he's here purley on the Osh bonerisms and nothign more...he offers us nothig other than on the PR or parked on the IR for security if Schmeck...Samson and soon I think Bennett all go down with seson enders

Edited by Booch

9 minutes ago, Booch said:

I'd say Schmeck is more serviceable....and that takes a lot for me to pump his tires until he proves me 100 percent otherwise.

Thomas is not the future here...nor the now...and trotting him out there really is a waste of a spot, for either develping a new guy somewhere...or allowing a guy already somewhat established to really hone his game...His "vet" leadership isnt required...we have tons of vets....he's here purley on the Osh bonerisms and nothign more...he offers us nothig other than on the PR or parked on the IR for security if Schmeck...Samson and soon I think Bennett all go down with seson enders

I look forward to seeing what shmek and kelly do with regular reps. 
 Jake Thomas is the canary in the mine this year. Hopefully he’s not the new mos guy. 

4 hours ago, WinnipegGordo said:

The league changed from the 4 man reserve (game day scratches) a number of years ago.

Teams now can have 1 game day scratch but it doesnt seem like the Bombers have utilized it for the last couple of years. (They used to annouce the game day scratch 1 hour before kick off).

They just put players on the 1 game injured list.

Maybe @DTonOB can provide some insight as he would be given the finalized rosters each game. 

The 2022 CBA no longer mentions game-day scratches. It talks about a minimum of 44 and a maximum of 45 players. That 45th could be a second global or another Canadian (presuming a team already has its maximum 19 Americans)

Honestly, keeping 3 American DT, seeing the progression of Schmekel, AND keeping Kyle Samson signals to me that Jake's role will be minimal this season and something like a retirement tour. I don't expect him to see the field often.

2 minutes ago, Goalie said:

K. So Jake Thomas is this years Jackson probably. Waste of a roster spot.  Curious who that guy was gonna be this year.  Jake it is. 

McGhee is a prime candidate for that.

Jake is toast and will show how quickly we progress and have progressed from the boys club. 

biggie, ba, Kyrie are guys on the verge of being in Jake’s tier.

Guys who have a role but shouldn’t start include gauthier Kramdi and schmekel.

5 minutes ago, Mike said:

I’m also excited to see Kelly this year, I think he could be a good one 

Yup..was top 2 ..3...st guy already for us last and fact he didn't get more roster time last yr to be that much further ahead now is a shame...if we wanted to go Canadian at Safety I'd slot him there before Hallett

6 minutes ago, Atomic said:

Honestly, keeping 3 American DT, seeing the progression of Schmekel, AND keeping Kyle Samson signals to me that Jake's role will be minimal this season and something like a retirement tour. I don't expect him to see the field often.

Hope so...they should send him to the city wr playing a week in advance to partake in retirement well wishing lol

4 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

McGhee is a prime candidate for that.

Jake is toast and will show how quickly we progress and have progressed from the boys club. 

biggie, ba, Kyrie are guys on the verge of being in Jake’s tier.

Guys who have a role but shouldn’t start include gauthier Kramdi and schmekel.

Just watch when he is in...if he gets in and the difference in speed...carnage...aggressive play from whom he replaces...if it's not obvious to the casual fan then I just don't know what to say

6 minutes ago, Mike said:

I’m also excited to see Kelly this year, I think he could be a good one 

I think he’s exactly the type of S we need. If he takes a bit of a step forward like he’s shown I think he will be a starter and our best ni S in a very long time. 

5 minutes ago, Atomic said:

some moves will be made at dt for sure. No way we dress 6 dts with 3 imps. At minimum I see one imp and one ni dt not playing. 
 If Jake isn’t healthy or close to 100% I think he will go 1 game ir. Other wise I think Samson will find his way to the pr. 
 For the imps fox and Adams are who I want. With Adams upside he’d be my top priority to keep in the Line up. Fox is more established here but I don’t think woods is far behind. 

12 minutes ago, DTonOB said:

The 2022 CBA no longer mentions game-day scratches. It talks about a minimum of 44 and a maximum of 45 players. That 45th could be a second global or another Canadian (presuming a team already has its maximum 19 Americans)

Thanks, I could swear some other teams have been announcing 1 gameday scratches the last couple of years. I guess that are just indicating they are dressing 44 players not 45.

10 minutes ago, wbbfan said:

I think he’s exactly the type of S we need. If he takes a bit of a step forward like he’s shown I think he will be a starter and our best ni S in a very long time. 

some moves will be made at dt for sure. No way we dress 6 dts with 3 imps. At minimum I see one imp and one ni dt not playing. 
 If Jake isn’t healthy or close to 100% I think he will go 1 game ir. Other wise I think Samson will find his way to the pr. 
 For the imps fox and Adams are who I want. With Adams upside he’d be my top priority to keep in the Line up. Fox is more established here but I don’t think woods is far behind. 

Once Adam's gets in game shape I can see him rotating off the edge too...totally collapsing things...can see him with fox and another end inside ...many times WJ causing fits for oline calls...

13 minutes ago, Booch said:

He's in shape and a beast...he doesn't have game wind yet....he basically jumped in with a few practices under his belt and still dominated...just wait till game 2 and three onward

Yeah, he’s likely the most athletic guy on the team. His 4.7 40 is probably faster than a couple of our wrs/dbs. 

16 minutes ago, blue85gold said:

McGhee isn’t even on the active roster so we’ve avoided that to start the season at least 

Yeah seems likely. But we will see what the week 1 roster brings. I think it’ll be bridges. 

It shows 9 or 10 starting CDN, but I am fairly confident that with the guys we kept and the looks of it we will see a fairly heavy rotation on defence. We have a lot of import DL, and a few more import LB kept around.

I for one could care less if the game one roster shows 10 or 11 CDN starters, and heck don't care if they all are on the field for the first respective side snap....as long as we rotate and keep guys fresh especially the front 7 on defence.

I was rooting for Chris Smith and Kody Case, but it seems both got nicked, maybe we see one or both back. Mosses had the resume, but has had an injury history and rumor is he is injured again, so...maybe nothing or it could be his body just telling him it can't do it?? Petrishin has now been cut two CFL TC's, again maybe something we don't see with him....

On ward and upward and let's focus on how to best make life very difficult for Fajardo even with all those pesky CDN's......

3 hours ago, Booch said:

Why make 2 moves tho to cover 1 spot...Leave Wilson as is...Cole at Sam and plug Gauthier in Biggies spot  for certain down and distance plays and freely rotate in one of Gemmel or Ayers for valuable reps and experience and see what they have and if they are heir apparent 

I mean, that’s still 2 moves to cover one spot.

54 minutes ago, Booch said:

Once Adam's gets in game shape I can see him rotating off the edge too...totally collapsing things...can see him with fox and another end inside ...many times WJ causing fits for oline calls...

Agree......him (and Woods) were "disruptive"